Sponsored

What did you do WITH your F-150 today?

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
How do you like your bed cover? Thinking about getting one of those for my future truck
First 7 hours with it so not sure. It was fairly easy to put on even though both rails were bent. Have one small spot by the tailgate that is raised more then I want it to be but will try and fix that. Rolls up easy, seems secure, power tailgate still works with it. Time will tell but I think it will fit my needs.

I was debating between this one or a diamondback. But after realizing i can put 400lbs on this roll up (which i wont) and that its easier to use with taller loads like this it was a no brainer.
Sponsored

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
First 7 hours with it so not sure. It was fairly easy to put on even though both rails were bent. Have one small spot by the tailgate that is raised more then I want it to be but will try and fix that. Rolls up easy, seems secure, power tailgate still works with it. Time will tell but I think it will fit my needs.

I was debating between this one or a diamondback. But after realizing i can put 400lbs on this roll up (which i wont) and that its easier to use with taller loads like this it was a no brainer.
Thanks. All good points. Good to hear it doesn’t interfere with the tailgate operation.

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
I hauled a bed load of campfire wood home.
Free
Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? 20220722_174515

IzzysAuto

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Roush F-150, 22 Genesis GV70, 12 Nissan GTR
Occupation
Law Enforcement 29 years
Had the driver and passenger doors tinted to match rest of the vehicle plus a 5% limo tint strip across the front.

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
7.2kw Generator test on the house with light loads. This was with lights, fridge, internet, HVAC fan (no compressor) and pool pump.
Still debating on doing this vs a whole house generator. Pros and cons to both. Had to run extension cords again today due to losing power for several hours.

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
Still debating on doing this vs a whole house generator. Pros and cons to both. Had to run extension cords again today due to losing power for several hours.
I’d love to have a standby as well, but this along with my 13kw portable dual fuel should do for now. The 13 will power the whole house. Nice to have a backup to my backup. Also, I’m in Texas, so that seems to be necessary these days, sadly.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Does the lomax feel stable or flimsy hauled like this? I’ve had to do this with my extang solid fold (1” thick panels) without issue. Lomax or leer 650 are in the running for my soon to be 2022 Truck.

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
7.2kw Generator test on the house with light loads. This was with lights, fridge, internet, HVAC fan (no compressor) and pool pump.

4AB3EF3C-7DCF-4375-BE26-0DA687EF8D16.jpeg

6DA42679-DFB4-4255-BB7E-CC6E00933636.jpeg
Would like to know more about your setup…type of transfer switch, cost of install, etc.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
It's been sitting for a week and decided to drive around the (country) block. 😊

Sponsored

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
Would like to know more about your setup…type of transfer switch, cost of install, etc.
I just installed a 50a generator inlet outside the wall opposite my panel with a 50a breaker with interlock and 6/3 wire. I ordered 75’ soow 6ga and built the ends. I cut the cable in half and wired a 14-50 male for my portable generator outlet, and the other half I installed a female 14-50 and male 14-30 to use the Powerboost. I omitted the ground prong on the truck end of the wire to prevent ground fault as discussed on other threads (not giving advice btw). Also running a jumper from the frame to a ground rod. In it for less than a grand.

Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? D263AAA8-05D8-456F-AF66-A3877BCA1ED0

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
Did a bit of off-road driving and camping at Rapidan Wildlife Management Area.
Ford F-150 What did you do WITH your F-150 today? 20220724_100706

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just installed a 50a generator inlet outside the wall opposite my panel with a 50a breaker with interlock and 6/3 wire. I ordered 75’ soow 6ga and built the ends. I cut the cable in half and wired a 14-50 male for my portable generator outlet, and the other half I installed a female 14-50 and male 14-30 to use the Powerboost. I omitted the ground prong on the truck end of the wire to prevent ground fault as discussed on other threads (not giving advice btw). Also running a jumper from the frame to a ground rod. In it for less than a grand.

D263AAA8-05D8-456F-AF66-A3877BCA1ED0.jpeg
I read the other threads and was wondering if you went transfer switch or interlock. Omitting the negative prong was frowned upon (due to the bonded neutral stuff that went way over my head) however it looks like your solution is a jumper to a ground rod? Can you elaborate like you’re talking to a 5 year old? 😂 and any pics would be MUCH appreciated!

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
I read the other threads and was wondering if you went transfer switch or interlock. Omitting the negative prong was frowned upon (due to the bonded neutral stuff that went way over my head) however it looks like your solution is a jumper to a ground rod? Can you elaborate like you’re talking to a 5 year old? 😂 and any pics would be MUCH appreciated!
I didn’t think to get any pics of that, but I’ll try when I have time to mess with it again. I simply omitted the ground wire at the connector. Instead, I bonded the vehicle chassis to a ground rod in the yard via jumper cables. This is obviously not what is recommended, and I would suggest using a neutral switching transfer switch, but this does work. I just make sure I de energize the house panel before going back to the truck. Same thing with my portable generator, which is my primary backup power source. I use a grounding rod since it is a floating neutral generator. The Powerboost is my backup to my backup, if that makes sense, so that’s why I have it set up like that.

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn’t think to get any pics of that, but I’ll try when I have time to mess with it again. I simply omitted the ground wire at the connector. Instead, I bonded the vehicle chassis to a ground rod in the yard via jumper cables. This is obviously not what is recommended, and I would suggest using a neutral switching transfer switch, but this does work. I just make sure I de energize the house panel before going back to the truck. Same thing with my portable generator, which is my primary backup power source. I use a grounding rod since it is a floating neutral generator. The Powerboost is my backup to my backup, if that makes sense, so that’s why I have it set up like that.
Thank you sir 👍🏻
Sponsored