Sponsored

Did not want to ruin the "What did you do TO your F-150 today" thread....

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Personally I did not do anything to my beautiful F-150, but my asshole neighbor shot fireworks last night righ it in front of it, uncontained like my other neighbor who shot them from a 5 gallon bucket, simply placed them on the pavement, and pieces of his fireworks flew all over the place and scratched the life of my headlights, at least one fog light and the grill. That's what I could see last night with a flashlight. Fireworks debries everywhere, on the tonneaue cover away from the street, on the roof above the garage.
Livid is not strongn enough to describe how I feel.

Didn't talk to him yet, it was 11:30 at night, my wife said too late to knock on the door.
I have it on my security camera. Not sure what my next step is.
Sponsored

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
I would be so piss.... If you don't want to talk to your stupid neigbor to claim for the repair then call your insurance and tell them your story. They should be able to guide you. Hope everything will be fix soon for you.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would be so piss.... If you don't want to talk to your stupid neigbor to claim for the repair then call your insurance and tell them your story. They should be able to guide you. Hope everything will be fix soon for you.
Thanks @Yves . I'll definitely talk to him, but my wife suggested not to knock on his door at 11:30 at night when the lights were out and wait for the morning.
Good idea about the insurance. Thanks.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
For your family's safety I strongly suggest you give your neighbor a way to save face before escalating. Feud with neighbor no bueno. Your wife may never feel safe in the house again.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For your family's safety I strongly suggest you give your neighbor a way to save face before escalating. Feud with neighbor no bueno. Your wife may never feel safe in the house again.
Kindnly elaborate.

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Sounds like when we last owned a boat and it was stored on land at the local marina. The next door neighbor decided to light a pile of brush right next to my boat! Burn holes in the mooring cover and one in the seat, plus 5 or 6 six other boats down the line... Such a DA! We're lucky it didn't burn down the whole row of boats! Filed a Police report and the guy's home insurance covered all the damage.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Well, me being a Texan , i have odd neighbors as well, but we also know them and we all look out for each other. i know this is not the case everywhere.

We all should know our neighbors well enough to say "fred" you had a good time last night but it threw rocks all over the truck? Give him/her a chance to make good. whether that be a good hand wash or polishing or actual parts replacement if needed.

If not, file it through home owners policy and let the insurance company do what they get paid for.
file a claim, provide adjuster with photos and video. They will do their job and if needed send him a bill, but in the meantime your made whole by having your truck fixed or whatever it needs.
he or she may not like the bill attached to their insurance, but it is what it is. IF they dotn have insurance...well thats why we have insurance.

bottom line, we all have to live on this coil together and yes there are asssshats everywhere; being neighbors and neighborly can be a hard task or an easy one, its just life and its just a truck not a life

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just met him, very nice guy. He said "I am taking responsibility" and gave me his insurance card. Problem is - AFAIK this is his vehicle's insurance. The house belongs to his girlfriend whom he lives with, so most likely he doesn't have a homeowners insurance, but I'll check with my insurance agent and we'll see. He specific said "this is my girlfriend's house, I brought the fireworks".
My wife found debris in the backyard, that's how far it flew. They spent good half hour last night sweeping the road in front of our houses.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
THats great . its good to hear

insurance companies will most likely use his policy and go from there.
but you are not required to wait on his to contact you or you even to contact his. you have right to call your company, give them the info and still file a claim if you want it fixed faster.
this way your made whole, you pay the deductible and get your ride fixed. then when his company pays yours, you will get your deductible back easy as pie . plus no stress of being put on hold or run around that insurance companies are famous for.

HERE it will not change your insurance status. you will not be charged with a claim. as it was not your doing. you are only pressing to get your ride repaired as part of your policy requirements.
zero stress.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Personally I did not do anything to my beautiful F-150, but my asshole neighbor shot fireworks last night righ it in front of it, uncontained like my other neighbor who shot them from a 5 gallon bucket, simply placed them on the pavement, and pieces of his fireworks flew all over the place and scratched the life of my headlights, at least one fog light and the grill. That's what I could see last night with a flashlight. Fireworks debries everywhere, on the tonneaue cover away from the street, on the roof above the garage.
Livid is not strongn enough to describe how I feel.

Didn't talk to him yet, it was 11:30 at night, my wife said too late to knock on the door.
I have it on my security camera. Not sure what my next step is.
You have a smart wife!

And you were smart to listen to her!!! (tell her I said so)

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I drove it for the first time today …