Sponsored

Did not want to ruin the "What did you do TO your F-150 today" thread....

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
You drove the OP's truck today?
:ROFLMAO:
;). well technically "TO your F150" ... but it got PDI, winter rims/tires and gator backs installed as well as the first drive
Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
;). well technically "TO your F150" ... but it got PDI, winter rims/tires and gator backs installed as well as the first drive

Happy you got the truck!! But you posted in the wrong thread.
I opened this one because I
Did not want to ruin the "What did you do TO your F-150 today" thread....

I believe you wanted to post here:

What did you do TO your F-150 today?

Reactions: 780

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Lol , shiet

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I opened this one because..
what a teaser! If you don’t mind the question, how did this eventually resolve?

I gotta think it defaulted to GF’s homeowners or he offered to pay unless he had an umbrella policy.

Hope it ended as peacefully as your interaction started.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what a teaser! If you don’t mind the question, how did this eventually resolve?

I gotta think it defaulted to GF’s homeowners or he offered to pay unless he had an umbrella policy.

Hope it ended as peacefully as your interaction started.
Don't mind at all.

It could not go under his vehicle insurance, he provided his GF's home owners. He was very nice about it, no argument, took responsibility, no issue.

I chose not to do anything (at this point, anyways). I went to a local body shop for someone to look at, just to have an idea. I know a new headlight assembly is around $1500 but wanted to hear the experts.
"Sorry, we can't see you, by appointment only, and you have to open a claim with your insurance, otherwise we won't be able to appraise".
OK, but I am not sure I want to involve my insurance...can you not just look at it for 2 minutes?

"Nope, must have claim and appointment".

So I drove home and came to the realization that while by looking at it it's annoying the shit out of me (and it's not immediately pops, you really have to look for it in day light. It is more visible in the dark when the lights are on), I opted not to mess with it because you know how it is - I'll wait for months for the headlight assembly and with all the ridiculous electronic/wires/sensors/what-have-you in this truck, the new light will look like new but with my luck they'll screw up something else on the way.

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I applaud your willingness to look the other way and not let it bother you. I’m sure it’s easier said than done!

I can appreciate your perspective on getting it done. My worst nightmare is handing over any new vehicle for work to someone with zero vested interest when it’s something I can’t do myself. Dealing with that right now from damage around a warranty case.

I would have been inclined to see If the homeowners would have purchased the replacement headlight and then replace yourself if the nags ever got the best of me.

Last thing you need is someone asking what happened lol! Sorry about that but appreciate the update ;)

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I applaud your willingness to look the other way and not let it bother you. I’m sure it’s easier said than done!

I can appreciate your perspective on getting it done. My worst nightmare is handing over any new vehicle for work to someone with zero vested interest when it’s something I can’t do myself. Dealing with that right now from damage around a warranty case.

I would have been inclined to see If the homeowners would have purchased the replacement headlight and then replace yourself if the nags ever got the best of me.

Last thing you need is someone asking what happened lol! Sorry about that but appreciate the update ;)

I appreciate your kind words!!

I wouldn't touch it, TBH. If a body show may destroy something in the process, it is guaranteed that I would do the same :D. You know how you watch YouTube videos of people taking trim and bumpers off, "you just pull here" and it's done, it always come out clean and nice, and when I do the same one - or more - of the clips always has to break. Not saying I am not handy, I am fairly handy, but for some reason when messing with vehicles nothing goes 100% smooth. I really need to force myself to look at it, other than that it's not something that will immediately attract my eyes to it.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I was quietly following along cleaning my shotgun and went what? Did I miss something? 🤷‍♂️

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I was quietly following along cleaning my shotgun and went what? Did I miss something? 🤷‍♂️
Yes, you did miss something... you shot out your neighbor's headlight😂
Sponsored