Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Installed an Amp Research BedStep 2 today:
https://www.amp-research.com/bedstep-2-side-bumper-step

Fairly straightforward, but their written instructions were horrendous. Primarily with part labelling. It was also a little annoying to have to pull back the Husky wheel well liners to get it mounted. Forgot to take some pictures, I'll take some daylight ones tomorrow.
Sponsored

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Haven't installed them yet, putting the intercooler and BOV in tonight after wife goes to bed :) Will probably do the cold pipe tomorrow night and the hot pipes soon.

IMG_8011.jpg
Well finally got the intercooler and blow off valve installed tonight about 45 minutes for me. Not a hard install, the active airdam makes it a tight squeeze if you have that option. Also the screw clamps on the blue hot side pipes were turned in a really awkward direction, made loosening then a little longer task. The blow off valve wiring clamps were a little bit of a pain to get loose. The baffle between the louvers and stock intercooler have to be removed since the new intercooler is thicker, this was a little tricky to get loose. Lastly the new intercooler is much heavier that the stock one and holding it in place until you get the support bracket bolts in is a little bit of a balancing act laying on your back, would but much easier on a lift, but can be done with standard drive on ramps. I will tackle the hot and cold pipe soon, so the higher airflow of the new intercooler can be unleashed some. Didn't rev it too high since wife was sleeping, but the blow off valve was not as loud as I though it might be. Not my video but this shows the install. Doesn't show install of the Turbo Smart BOV and this truck doesn't have the active airdam

Last edited:

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
We need rain in Kansas so I washed and waxed the truck yesterday. Today's forecast is for rain.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_20220902_081652

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_20220902_081705

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_20220902_081741

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Driver
Well finally got the intercooler and blow off valve installed tonight about 45 minutes for me. Not a hard install, the active airdam makes it a tight squeeze if you have that option. Also the screw clamps on the blue hot side pipes were turned in a really awkward direction, made loosening then a little longer task. The blow off valve wiring clamps were a little bit of a pain to get loose. The baffle between the louvers and stock intercooler have to be removed since the new intercooler is thicker, this was a little tricky to get loose. Lastly the new intercooler is much heavier that the stock one and holding it in place until you get the support bracket bolts in is a little bit of a balancing act laying on your back, would but much easier on a lift, but can be done with standard drive on ramps. I will tackle the hot and cold pipe soon, so the higher airflow of the new intercooler can be unleashed some. Didn't rev it too high since wife was sleeping, but the blow off valve was not as loud as I though it might be. Not my video but this shows the install. Doesn't show install of the Turbo Smart BOV and this truck doesn't have the active airdam
The blow off valve will be louder under load. Just revving in place won’t give you the full sound of it.

Sponsored

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
The blow off valve will be louder under load. Just revving in place won’t give you the full sound of it.
That is correct, heard it today when I went out at lunch, not too loud in the cab, but I bet it can be heard by anyone around me.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
For this application without running additional boost, is there a need to change out the stock bov other than sound?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
How much did the Line-x run you? I was quoted $699 on my short bed. I feel that’s high lol.
$620 for Premium including the tailgate, last December (including tax).

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Let's see.. Swapped the factory crapolicious speakers for a set of Kicker CS 674 and DS 6704 6.75" speakers. HUGE improvement in mid-bass and upper end clarity. Also fixed the notorious door rattle following this video while having the skin off.

While I was at it I installed Husky rear fender liners, Swapped the chrome fender vents for OEM black ones. Gave a much cleaner look to the truck than bare fender wells and chrome vents.

Replaced brake, front/rear turn signal, plate and cornering bulbs with LEDs then disabled hyper-blink with Forscan. Lastly installed a McGuard tailgate lock and somehow inadvertently fixed the torsion bar pop in the process.

All in all got a lot accomplished today.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Let's see.. Swapped the factory crapolicious speakers for a set of Kicker CS 674 and DS 6704 6.75" speakers. HUGE improvement in mid-bass and upper end clarity. Also fixed the notorious door rattle following this video while having the skin off.

While I was at it I installed Husky rear fender liners, Swapped the chrome fender vents for OEM black ones. Gave a much cleaner look to the truck than bare fender wells and chrome vents.

Replaced brake, front/rear turn signal, plate and cornering bulbs with LEDs then disabled hyper-blink with Forscan. Lastly installed a McGuard tailgate lock and somehow inadvertently fixed the torsion bar pop in the process.

All in all got a lot accomplished today.
Big day indeed. Might need to pursue that door rattle fix…

Those clips are a giant PITA if they come off. Dealt with that removing the rear wheel fender trim pieces to cut them down for the bed step.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Big day indeed. Might need to pursue that door rattle fix…

Those clips are a giant PITA if they come off. Dealt with that removing the rear wheel fender trim pieces to cut them down for the bed step.
tell me more about this rattle? my truck is super quiet.

i did my take on the drivers rear seat release
.040 safety wire, a left over bonding cable for a helicopter and 2" of anti chaff nylon tube
cost me zero dollars and about 20 minutes

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220902_132037

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
tell me more about this rattle? my truck is super quiet.
Both my driver and passenger doors have rattling plastic panels. Small bumps while driving are the worst. I thought I narrowed it to the Map of Detroit panels, but I might want to quickly check the ones in the video @Porpoise Hork posted.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Both my driver and passenger doors have rattling plastic panels. Small bumps while driving are the worst. I thought I narrowed it to the Map of Detroit panels, but I might want to quickly check the ones in the video @Porpoise Hork posted.
i watched them thanks then promptly went out and gave them the wiggle, they are tight
but will chalk it up to a watch item if a noise decides to appear.
doing the back wall of cab next week with some sound mat .
Sponsored