First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Got a Viofo A129 Pro Duo dashcam last week, finally got around to installing it today after work. I ran the cable for the rear camera over the cab under the headliner. Power is coming from the rear view mirror thanks to a Dongar adapter, but I may hardwire it in the future. I need to get some better shots than sitting in the driveway, but the initial video I got looked pretty good. I may adjust the front lens down one click to see a little more of the hood rather than just the leading edge.
When you said you ran it over the headliner do you mean you pulled the headliner down? Would be interested how you did this in case I put in a back camera too.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
When you said you ran it over the headliner do you mean you pulled the headliner down? Would be interested how you did this in case I put in a back camera too.
I have a 25' flat fish tape I used. I initially tried to go from the front to the back, that didn't work as I couldn't find it when it got to the back of the cab. I then tried to go from the back to the front and it kept getting stuck somewhere around the overhead console. So, I pulled the overhead console down and tried to find it, but no luck. I was able to get from the overhead console to the back and pull it down.

I pulled most of the cable to the console, hooked up the rear camera and mounted it, then tucked the ~2' of cable at the rear headliner area. I ran the fish tape from the windshield up to the console area and plugged it in to the front camera. Lastly, I coiled up the remaining cable and pushed it back towards the rear from the overhead console and put the console back in.

I did get a small piece of tape when pushing the fish tape to the rear, but no idea what it came from. It was about 2"×4" and a fabric style tape. I'm not too worried, as long as I don't get any cable bouncing sounds now. Other than the overhead console, I didn't have to remove any other clips as there was enough play in the headliner to get up under it just enough for what I needed to do.

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT BAP Ordered
Occupation
Emergency Management
@FrankThompson - thanks for this picture :)

I've seen it in other pictures, glad to see mine is not the only one, but am I the only person with OCD about this corner trim that keeps popping out, only on the passenger's side, even though I keep pushing it back in every time I see it?

1661823805732.png
Mine does it as well, push it down daily

Reactions: sbi

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Driver
Well on Monday I had the Line X installed, then today I put a Armor Flex trifold topper on it. First upgrades so far!

22 3.5L Twin Turbo Limited in Anitmatter Blue
How much did the Line-x run you? I was quoted $699 on my short bed. I feel that’s high lol.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Line X was 649$ but I had some really sticky stuff that took an extra 30 min to remove so the total was like 705$, and the lady doing the job did really great work!
And I got the premium

Last edited:

Sponsored

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
That Atlas Blue looks like it was a good match. How does it look in person?
It looks so close to a perfect match anyone who says it's not is too anal. 😂🤣

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Installed my two-drawer truck tool box in the bed, making use of turnbuckles and the cleats in the bed. With the black side curtains no one can see inside the truck and to get inside the drawers one would have to break open the topper and the tailgate and each of the metal draw locks.

The top of the box supports up to 2,000 lbs so it is available for gear as well. With each drawer 24" x 70" x 14"h a lot of my valuables can be kept in the truck and with the drawers pulling out and supported by the tailgate it is not a problem to retrieve items from the front sections of the drawers.

In reality I bought the new pickup truck to haul around this tool box. No such solutions with an SUV.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ Snugtop Camper.JPG

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ Cargo Drawers 2
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ Cargo Drawers 3

Murdock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
@Calson - That box looks solid. I've been debating on doing something similar (possibly a Decked system) but I'm not sure I'd put it to use enough yet to justify it.

I found some time last weekend to get my halogen-to-projector conversion complete. I am really happy with their performance. No comparison to the factory lamps my STX came with. Wrapped it up with the LED tails as well.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ f150_mm1
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ f150_mm2
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ f150_mm3

ENG430

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
Hi All,
I want to install rear shocks but don't know which better?
Should I install Fox 2.0 or Bilestien 5100?
Which one is better for ride quality and over bumps. I want too keep stock height no need for level or lift kit. Should I replace both front and rear or rear is enough to improve the ride quality. Thanks in advance

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Driver
Line X was 649$ but I had some really sticky stuff that took an extra 30 min to remove so the total was like 705$, and the lady doing the job did really great work!
And I got the premium
That’s a great price. Mine was a quote for the basic one since I have a bed cover. Think they wanted like $899 for the premium.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
That’s a great price. Mine was a quote for the basic one since I have a bed cover. Think they wanted like $899 for the premium.
I paid $900 after taxes because I had them take off the tailgate and spray more than they usually would. I was quoted $599 for normal and $749 for premium in Lakeland, FL.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Hi All,
I want to install rear shocks but don't know which better?
Should I install Fox 2.0 or Bilestien 5100?
Which one is better for ride quality and over bumps. I want too keep stock height no need for level or lift kit. Should I replace both front and rear or rear is enough to improve the ride quality. Thanks in advance
I personally like the Fox 2.0's, you can get a deal on a pair from @Stage3Motorsports

My truck is leveled, rear hasnt been touched.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 20220317_083848_resized

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
@Calson - That box looks solid. I've been debating on doing something similar (possibly a Decked system) but I'm not sure I'd put it to use enough yet to justify it.

I found some time last weekend to get my halogen-to-projector conversion complete. I am really happy with their performance. No comparison to the factory lamps my STX came with. Wrapped it up with the LED tails as well.

f150_mm1.jpg
f150_mm2.jpg
f150_mm3.jpg
Looks good, where did you get the factory headlights and harness?

Murdock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Looks good, where did you get the factory headlights and harness?
Thank you! I got them through Precision Retrofits. In hindsight, I likely could have saved a few dollars with a little extra leg work, but it's hard to put a price on convenience.
Sponsored