Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
be sure he uses ABS or ASA. PETG or PLa will melt sitting in a windshield.
Understood that was my first thought as well. I have a maker space near me that will have some of the more exotic stuff and they can help me with settings.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Maybe it doesn't come across so well in the video, but holy cow this is impressive.

Is it showing radar data on it?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Is it showing radar data on it?
I haven't bee home to dig into logs to check if the radar was reading or if the twas vision only . Lots of times the radar can't see through rain that heavy.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I haven't bee home to dig into logs to check if the radar was reading or if the twas vision only . Lots of times the radar can't see through rain that heavy.
Yeah, I've had mine(radar) crap out a few times, heavy rain only. Truck gets mad and shuts off the radar entirely until key cycle if it was in use (which kills lane centering and radar cruise). Curious if the behavior is the same.

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Yeah, I've had mine(radar) crap out a few times, heavy rain only. Truck gets mad and shuts off the radar entirely until key cycle if it was in use (which kills lane centering and radar cruise). Curious if the behavior is the same.
Functional question for the Guru: With SunnyPilot disengaged, the speed on the comma3x matches
Functional question for the Guru: With SunnyPilot disengaged, the speed shown on the comma 3x is identical to the Ford dashboard speedometer; however, with SunnyPilot engaged, it consistently shows 1 MPH less than the Ford dashboard, regardless of where I set the speed. Is that normal at this point? I toggled the "speedometer display true speed", but that didn't make a difference. Thanks!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
Functional question for the Guru: With SunnyPilot disengaged, the speed on the comma3x matches

Functional question for the Guru: With SunnyPilot disengaged, the speed shown on the comma 3x is identical to the Ford dashboard speedometer; however, with SunnyPilot engaged, it consistently shows 1 MPH less than the Ford dashboard, regardless of where I set the speed. Is that normal at this point? I toggled the "speedometer display true speed", but that didn't make a difference. Thanks!
@rwxr_xr_x I believe you have been working on this, am I mistaken?

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
I did play a bit with that. there is a draft PR https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/pull/31350 that I used for my starting point and I came up with:

(1.005 * cp.vl["EngVehicleSpThrottle2"]["Veh_V_ActlEng"] + 1) * CV.KPH_TO_MS as formula for ret.vEgoCluster

Svt54

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT Sport Crewcab 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Union Representative
@Ajzride I had a similar experience in a down pour. The comma could see the lanes and traffic better than I could.

Sponsored

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
It is very relevant I am giving a 2024 Ranger to my youngest grandson for his 16th. We gave my older grandson a 2023 Kia Sportage X-Pro for his 16th and installed Open Pilot in it. I have to be fair to the younger one. Thanks for validating.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
It is very relevant I am giving a 2024 Ranger to my youngest grandson for his 16th. We gave my older grandson a 2023 Kia Sportage X-Pro for his 16th and installed Open Pilot in it. I have to be fair to the younger one. Thanks for validating.
Let me know if you want to adopt any additional grandkids. I’m on the market.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
You’ll need ACC, which means XLT with advanced tow or Lariat (or self install)

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
Thanks. We were planning on a loaded Lariat or the Raptor.

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
@rwxr_xr_x I believe you have been working on this, am I mistaken?
Another question: Based on the blinking blue light on the front of the unit, the comma is always drawing some battery power when the vehicle is off. How much of a battery drain? Does it shut off if the SOC hits a certain point? I was reading a discussion on Reddit about it. The post in gone but the comments are still there. Powering down the unit via the menu before shutting of the engine didn't seem to make a difference.

Sponsored