First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Expiring in 2073? That's not good. Sounds like ford is giving up on any subscription revenue. Where is the incentive to keep developing better system like control light recognition or exit ramp steering? Unless.. Ford is moving to third party development and there is a totaly new autopilot coming out from Google or Android with a new name. Who would pay 600 for a sunsetted app?
I've been reading up on all the different autopilot sensors and how each manufacturer is deploying their version. It's amazing how quickly this technology is evolving. One min Tesla is on top then GM then ford and now with ver 11 Tesla may be winning hands down. There is a race between all the manufacturers to have the best.
First Tesla hates lidar. They use cameras only but processing power is higher than lidar. Ford uses a mix and is better on hiway than Tesla but can't do city . Tesla charges thousands. Ford is cheep. Then there is a dozen startup companies producing different schemes and pitching there ideas. It's hard to follow who uses what.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Expiring in 2073? That's not good. Sounds like ford is giving up on any subscription revenue. Where is the incentive to keep developing better system like control light recognition or exit ramp steering? Unless.. Ford is moving to third party development and there is a totaly new autopilot coming out from Google or Android with a new name. Who would pay 600 for a sunsetted app?
I've been reading up on all the different autopilot sensors and how each manufacturer is deploying their version. It's amazing how quickly this technology is evolving. One min Tesla is on top then GM then ford and now with ver 11 Tesla may be winning hands down. There is a race between all the manufacturers to have the best.
First Tesla hates lidar. They use cameras only but processing power is higher than lidar. Ford uses a mix and is better on hiway than Tesla but can't do city . Tesla charges thousands. Ford is cheep. Then there is a dozen startup companies producing different schemes and pitching there ideas. It's hard to follow who uses what.
They only did this as a band aid. The every three months was becoming an issue.

People werent getting the update and it was a huge issue. I had to fix it for MANY people and Ford finally did 2073 to prevent any expiration issues.

I doubt they will make it free.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
They only did this as a band aid. The every three months was becoming an issue.

People werent getting the update and it was a huge issue. I had to fix it for MANY people and Ford finally did 2073 to prevent any expiration issues.

I doubt they will make it free.
Yeah, I'd bet it's a "well when should we make it expire" "50 years!" and there it is...

Now the question for those that received that update, disconnect the modem and have BC free in perpetuity?

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yeah, I'd bet it's a "well when should we make it expire" "50 years!" and there it is...

Now the question for those that received that update, disconnect the modem and have BC free in perpetuity?
I suppose that could work. However, receiving OTA updates is probably worth $200 per year, at least for me.

FlyFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SC Lariat 502A BAP
As I understand, that date refers only to the B.C. Handsfree road database, not an individuals subscription to B.C. The Subscription to the handsfree function is separate, but if the database is out of date, the function doesn't work (as experienced before this extended update). With 2073 now the date of the road database, the feature will work without needing a database update every three or so months and causing hiccups in the feature working if there isn't a significant update or they get behind. At least now it'll work while they sort out the updates they want and send them out. I'm VERY happy to see them take this approach.

If I'm not understanding correctly, please feel free to correct.

Really grateful for this forum and group of F-150 owners (y)

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
As I understand, that date refers only to the B.C. Handsfree road database, not an individuals subscription to B.C. The Subscription to the handsfree function is separate, but if the database is out of date, the function doesn't work (as experienced before this extended update). With 2073 now the date of the road database, the feature will work without needing a database update every three or so months and causing hiccups in the feature working if there isn't a significant update or they get behind. At least now it'll work while they sort out the updates they want and send them out. I'm VERY happy to see them take this approach.

If I'm not understanding correctly, please feel free to correct.

Really grateful for this forum and group of F-150 owners (y)
As far as I know that date as has been implemented was for the subscription. I've been following threads on people who got the nav database updated on the provider's side, but ford hasn't populated it on the vehicles after several months. At this point my speculation is that it was being used more for sub verification status and not an actual database change as the database isn't changing from what users who've submitted changes have said.

FlyFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SC Lariat 502A BAP
As far as I know that date as has been implemented was for the subscription. I've been following threads on people who got the nav database updated on the provider's side, but ford hasn't populated it on the vehicles after several months. At this point my speculation is that it was being used more for sub verification status and not an actual database change as the database isn't changing from what users who've submitted changes have said.
Okay good to know. Since they made the change it has been smooth sailing for me…still waiting for 1.2 though 😆

EBR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Lincoln Mark LT, 23 F-350 Platinum Diesel

mc-mack

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
How can you tell what version of BlueCruise you have currently ? Is that something displayed within Sync ? or do you need FDRS / or Forscan to check ?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
How can you tell what version of BlueCruise you have currently ? Is that something displayed within Sync ? or do you need FDRS / or Forscan to check ?
ICE F150's only have 1.0 and there is no official statement from Ford that we will get the newer version(s). We all hope we will, but there is nothing official from Ford saying that we will get it.

Sponsored

mc-mack

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
OK Thanks, I have the 3.5 EcoBoost so mine falls in the ICE category....

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I just purchased a 2023 Powerboost yesterday and was hoping it came with 1.2. Of course the answer is it came with 1.0 which is disappointing. My previous truck was a 2023 Hyundai Santa Cruz. It did not have "hands free" mode but would go about 6 minutes without the "hand on the wheel Nanny noticing. It stayed riot solid in the center of the lane and did not turn off unless it was an extremely sharp curve. The Hyundai actually was better than Bluecruise 1.0 because it turned off less even though it was not "hands free". Perhaps Bluecruise shines on long stretches of straight highway and I haven't hit those yet. I understand 1.2 does a much better job of adjusting to curves without disabling periodically.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I just purchased a 2023 Powerboost yesterday and was hoping it came with 1.2. Of course the answer is it came with 1.0 which is disappointing. My previous truck was a 2023 Hyundai Santa Cruz. It did not have "hands free" mode but would go about 6 minutes without the "hand on the wheel Nanny noticing. It stayed riot solid in the center of the lane and did not turn off unless it was an extremely sharp curve. The Hyundai actually was better than Bluecruise 1.0 because it turned off less even though it was not "hands free". Perhaps Bluecruise shines on long stretches of straight highway and I haven't hit those yet. I understand 1.2 does a much better job of adjusting to curves without disabling periodically.

1.0 is no better on long straight roads than curvy ones. It still cancels all the time for no apparent reason, even when the stripes are really new and clear. It randomly throws fits to resume control out of the blue by muting your stereo, flashing and beeping, and brake checking you.

At this point I've already joined the discord and doing hard core research on what it is going to take to get OpenPilot on the F150 because I've given up on Bluecruise.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
My truck handles most curves without issue. There's a curve on an overpass that's bumpy and it has no problem with it. I will say that every now and then it may disengage randomly only to re-enablle itself several seconds later. Overall if I have to manually intervene or take control of 10-15 miles of a 100 mile journey, that's a win in my book. Now if only we can get auto lane change...
Sponsored