Bluecruise Standard (Sorta) on 2024 Model F-150

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
"BlueCruise will indeed come standard in the refreshed 2024 Ford F-150, as well as the 2024 F-150 Lightning and the 2024 Expedition, meaning that customers can take advantage of a complimentary trial before purchasing a subscription to see if it’s the right fit for them. According to a recent S&P Global Mobility study, 82 percent of customers surveyed who had taken advantage of a free trial or an existing connected service plan said they would either “definitely” or “probably” consider purchasing a connected service on a future new vehicle purchase."

"As Ford Authority previously reported, new BlueCruise customers must shell out $2,100 for a three-year subscription when they decide to activate the feature, or they can choose to instead pay $800 per year or $75 per month. Those that ultimately opt out of any of these options can still take advantage of Adaptive Cruise Control, which is able to maintain a safe distance between a vehicle and another vehicle in front of it."

" Regardless, this is still big news for prospective 2024 Ford F-150, F-150 Lightning, and Expedition customers, specifically, as BlueCruise was previously included as an option on the 2023 F-150 and F-150 Lightning for the Lariat trim and up, while the 2023 Expedition included it as standard equipment on the range-topping Platinum trim only.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/2024-ford-f-150-expedition-to-come-standard-with-bluecruise/
Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
So all trims will include all of the hardware required including the A-pillar camera?

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
$800 a year???? Not a chance I'm paying for that in it's current state. BC 1.3 better be life changing to make me think about paying that much.
my thoughts exactly, I am not even sure I would pay $200 a year for the first version now. Unless my 21 gets 1.2 by the end of the year I am doubtful I will renew it.

OP
OP
wessermgm

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So all trims will include all of the hardware required including the A-pillar camera?
That is my question. I truly doubt the basic premise which is 85% of those who have BC already optioned out will likely subscribe. But at the very least, those ppl are the ones who bought high end trims. You telling me that Ford is going to install all of the hardware on an XL that might cost $38k? I can guarantee you the return on subscription investment will be be less than 10% at that price point. Just doesn't make much sense to me. That said, Ford Authority is rarely wrong...

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
That is my question. I truly doubt the basic premise which is 85% of those who have BC already optioned out will likely subscribe. But at the very least, those ppl are the ones who bought high end trims. You telling me that Ford is going to install all of the hardware on an XL that might cost $38k? I can guarantee you the return on subscription investment will be be less than 10% at that price point. Just doesn't make much sense to me. That said, Ford Authority is rarely wrong...
And, reading the article that would mean every trim level would also come standard with the adaptive cruise control which is required for bluecruise to function?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Just because it is listed as "standard" in an article doesn't mean all trim levels. It will probably be standard Lariat and above and option for the rest.

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
$800 a year???? Not a chance I'm paying for that in it's current state. BC 1.3 better be life changing to make me think about paying that much.
I'm not paying for any of this until the system is good enough for me to play with my own balls in the driver's seat and not pay attention to the road for an extended period of time.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
my thoughts exactly, I am not even sure I would pay $200 a year for the first version now. Unless my 21 gets 1.2 by the end of the year I am doubtful I will renew it.
I'm with you on this and Bluecruise 1.2 or1.3 or whatever they push out, better be lightyears improved.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I'm not paying for any of this until the system is good enough for me to play with my own balls in the driver's seat and not pay attention to the road for an extended period of time.
I suppose you want boobs on the center screen too?

OP
OP
wessermgm

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And, reading the article that would mean every trim level would also come standard with the adaptive cruise control which is required for bluecruise to function?
Presumably, but as I stated I am skeptical that Ford would add all of that equipment to XL and XLT trims, I can't imagine that they would ROI on subscriptions at that price point. I think the poster above who believes that it will be standard on the Lariat and above is probably right.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Car companies need taught a lesson with the subscription shiet, they jack the price up on the truck and then make you pay fees to make it work as advertised is bs …

I will never pay extra money to these guys …
Sponsored