Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Djansma

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 lariat
Occupation
Retired ford technician (40yrs)
My 21 lariat will not update to 2.3 last update was 2.1.1
i have issues when they went SiriusXM holiday mainly 58 channels that are now only on 360L, Ford really needs to get this stuff fixed,also my pro backup assist hasn’t worked from day one.So only four trips to the dealership so far
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Ah thanks. Guess I will wait until then. If it doesn’t fix itself in Feb will just do it myself ??‍♂
Agreed, if your going to go it alone I'd make sure that this updated software is available before buying access to Ford's software.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I agree! Ford made this mess and they should fix it and under warranty. I'm also going to wait and have the dealer fix it if it's not taken care of via OTA. We've purchased these trucks with the promise of ota and I don't think we should have to pay one cent to access Ford's computers and software ourselves. If anything they should allow access to download and update with USB stick based on vin, without having to purchase any hardware. We've already paid handsomely to have free ota' s . We could all go and buy hardware and software to update the truck ourselves but it just becomes another thing to deal with, my 1k cell phone can update itself but my 70k truck cant! Wtf. 2 day access to Ford's website for access to files we should get for free, only to possibly not resolve, and find out 2 weeks later there's new versions to download and install again, for what another 50 bucks.. I'm sorry but that's a bunch of crap. This should be free. Yea, power up, power up what!
I agree I’ll either let the OTA do it’s thing it have them fix it

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
My Limited is at the dealership now trying to get a fix for the automatic update and notification to turn on as well as no "Revidsion" number. Hopefully they come up with something! I dont think I've gotten any updates since I bought the truck in February.
Wasted about a half hour of my life on the phone with Ford today. Finally, she tells me they are aware of the issue and that there is no set date for the fix, but they are working on it. I asked to escalate the issue and was told that basically when the fix is there you will get it. Useless!

Then on another note, I got the dreaded check engine light "Malfunction Indicator Lamp-Regulatory". The Ford Pass App notified me of the error. "Generator Control Module" is what the Ford tech told me when he plugged the reader in to check it. He cleared it then it came back on again. ANOTHER ghost to trace down.
Ok, just left the dealership. They did more troubleshooting. Nothing worked. They have ordered an APIM. Problem is, they are on serious back order. Also, the Malfunction Indicator Light issue will not go away. Pass 4,000 RPM’s and it immediately comes on. Goes away after a few trips, but comes right back on if it hits 4,000 RPM’s again. Hopefully the APIM will fix that too. I have my doubts about that one though!

Last edited:

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
I wish Ford would get this fixed. Ive had no OTA updates at all and the option to turn on automatic updates has always been greyed out. The dealer I took it to seems to be clueless. I wish at least Ford would acknowledge the issue.

Sponsored

ZDadofThree

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150
Had April build and then chip hold until August. Just got my first update 1.4 on 2/2/2022. Maybe they got something fixed for those of us with no updates.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
The new FordPass updated app (iOS) told me yesterday (Feb 1st) I had update 1.4.0 pending. First time I've ever seen anything like that (had been considering buying the USB so I can manually update since I've been stuck for months...)

Told it to update from the truck. Says it was successful. Still don't see anything about SecuriAlert or anything in the FordPass app so I am doubting it was actually successful ?‍♂

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? Image(1)

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? Image-1

I assume this should be working on a job 1 XLT 302a?

Last edited:

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I noticed a few days ago I'm still on 2.1.1. It looks like that was applied 12/17/21. So I'm still waiting on 2.3.0 although if I tap the update information, it displays, I guess, the bulletin outlining what's in 2.3.0. I turned off the automatic update for a few days and turned it back on yesterday to see if that actually would help get it moving.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Is there any way to get these updates via USB or phone? I am in Germany, so no AT&T network. I have to street park and even if I pull close to the house, there is no wifi signal. Nearest dealer is 30+ miles away and is a pain to schedule anything. I have the Forscan cable if that can be used. Thanks.

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
According to that scriptable widget, my truck keeps on trying to update but always ends up in a failure status.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
According to that scriptable widget, my truck keeps on trying to update but always ends up in a failure status.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Anyone who’s stuck on 1.7 have the odd issue with the welcome lighting not turning on and no interior lights. Also the bell noise doesn’t come from the speakers and sounds like it’s some weird binging sound under the dash. Also the radio preset will flash sometimes when this happens. I’d say it happens maybe once a week. I think it’s all related I’m sure. Can’t wait for this fix coming this month.

I have also noticed this only when this happens. For example when the walk up lighting doesn’t work and the interior lights don’t light up.

when the above is happening the passenger side door handle won’t unlock or lock the door. Very strange. From the outside the smart key handle etc.

After say I go to the store and run one key cycle it’s fine when I walk up to it next time.

Like I said this all started since 1.7 has become stuck.

airwolf1999

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
LW
I have the same issue started a few days ago plus I am getting a deep sleep mode alter, and no lights or anything will come on when getting close. My truck cranks fine and will stay normal for a few hours. No auto update toggle allowed. This does blow.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I have the same issue started a few days ago plus I am getting a deep sleep mode alter, and no lights or anything will come on when getting close. My truck cranks fine and will stay normal for a few hours. No auto update toggle allowed. This does blow.
Ya it seems it’s getting worse not better haha.
Well let’s hope this fox comes soon.
Mine was doing the deep sleep but only a couple times a month ago when it was -30c and it sat for 3 days. But like yours it started fine.
Sponsored