Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
Curious if anyone else has seen this.

Recently, my Software Update preferences seem to be resetting themselves. When I go to the System Updates preferences, the Automatic Update toggles are off, and despite tapping them, they will not slide over to Enabled. They were enabled in the past, and I don't recall disabling them. I've also tried setting an update Schedule; I entered the time and day of the week, hit Save, and the next time I start the truck, the schedule is gone.

Everything else with Sync is working fine. As far as I know I haven't gotten 1.7.x or 2.1 yet.
Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

Recently, my Software Update preferences seem to be resetting themselves. When I go to the System Updates preferences, the Automatic Update toggles are off, and despite tapping them, they will not slide over to Enabled. They were enabled in the past, and I don't recall disabling them. I've also tried setting an update Schedule; I entered the time and day of the week, hit Save, and the next time I start the truck, the schedule is gone.

Everything else with Sync is working fine. As far as I know I haven't gotten 1.7.x or 2.1 yet.
It means at some point your system started downloading the latest 1.7.1 update.
It might be weeks until it finishes... I bet if you goto Settings > General > About the versions will be blanked out :)

Notcommuting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm in the same boat. (Everything Caniki posted).

Purchased in January, but haven't received a single update, and no ability to set the toggle buttons in the Sync menu to allow for updates.

Ford dealer was unable to assist, and haven't gotten anywhere with Ford customer service.

Tonesto7 - Do you have anything authoritative to support what you wrote? Just curious where you got that info. (Especially because Ford never provided any context along those lines; they were more like "well, good luck".)

I've been following all the other threads on the topic of the software updates as well. All I can say is I'm amazed at just how poorly Ford's PR and Marketing teams are doing at addressing this and many of the other common issues many of us have been posting about. As someone that works in IT, I can appreciate the complexity that must go into getting this new OTA update infrastructure in place must carry, but why not at least own up to the issues and provide some clarification around what's going on - especially because everything seems to be a game of finger pointing! (Go talk to the Dealer / No, go call Ford / No, call the Sync people / etc. etc.)

End rant - beyond fed up with the ownership experience so far. What a mess.

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
I'm in the same boat, can't swipe to automatic update anymore?? Would be nice if Ford would give us an answer.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I have this same issue, contacted Ford & Dealership and after dealer tried to download and install 1.7.1 using a USB stick it failed so Ford authorized replacing my APIM. Tried yesterday, but after they disassembled my truck realized the APIM was the wrong version so reordered with a Priority Rush and will try again on Monday.

Contact your dealer after two failures of this update with the blank sync version and not being able to toggle for Auto or Scheduled updates.

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
My truck has done the same thing for past month and tonight I have the toggle option again and is working normal. On a side note my mesh router I did not recognize a device and I disabled it. Was disabled for about three weeks. It occurred to me that might be the truck and I enabled it and truck showed up on my router. I figured that out about a week ago and guess it finished the download.

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
Took mine to the dealer today and they couldn't figure it out, no TSB, no codes, no idea???? Please Ford can you look into this?

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
My truck was not moved today at all I go to the garage to check the updates tonight. Truck is connected to my wifi.....auto updates is back to off and can't be toggled on. Has to be something Ford is sending down to the truck. Last night my sync was version 20312-product revision 243 tonight it is version blank revision blank.

Last edited:

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
Same here. I tried doing a master reset to no avail. I'm at a loss as to why the toggle toautomatic updates wont work. My son has a 2021 XLT and his works fine. Has gotten many power updates. My 2021 Limited, none! The Revision number is blank.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4

Same here as everyone else has stated.

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have a late June PB production and have received 3 updates. Latest was 2.1.1 last week and all is good. Most of my routine driving is to and from work which is a 15-minute trip. I do not use Sirus-xm and did not renew it when it expired after 3 months. So no idea if it still works, assume it does. Truck automatically connects to my many iphone playlists using CarPlay and that is all I use.
All the electronic options on this truck still baffle me. Just finding the correct button to open the fuel door can be a challenge for me.

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Mine's been like that for almost a month now. I took it into the dealership and they told me it was because I was getting a bad Wi-Fi signal. I didn't believe that for one minute because I get get an excellent Wi-Fi signal in the garage where my truck is parked. Also, if you're not using Wi-Fi, it downloads the updates over the 4G modem.
Anyway using the Ford scriptable widget, my OTA status is "expired". Not sure what that means.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
The update prefs are not working because your truck is mid download of the 1.7.1 Powerup.
If it's been that way for weeks you will need to wait till Ford resolves the issues with the update.
Sponsored