First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I just received another update. Bed camera option and PIP capability for trailer guidance. Priority Update 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB. Evidently only the numbered update give you an alert, these priority updates just push thru and then you get a notification . However it happens, it works for me. Keep them coming .
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just received another update. Bed camera option and PIP capability for trailer guidance. Priority Update 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB. Evidently only the numbered update give you an alert, these priority updates just push thru and then you get a notification . However it happens, it works for me. Keep them coming .
This update you got and another one similar to it is the equivalent of 3.5.2 for 2021 model year F150's. Only 2022's will get 3.5.2 as they have different hardware so the updates they get will be different. It is normal for no one with a 2022 to not have gotten any OTA's until now because they haven't needed any. They shipped from the factory up to date. Chances are, this will probably only get more confusing going forward with future OTA's as the 2021 will get something named abc123 and the same update for the 2022+ will be xyz321.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
anyone notice if the last update may have tweaked the lane centering/lane keeping?
i drove my 20 or so mile route to lowes this morning on a state highway 2 lane with emergency lanes on side. i normally do not use the lane centering/lane keeping with cruise on this stretch very much as the lines are a bit wiggly and there is a few confusing gore points for two turn offs.
but this morning i was jamming hard to the WHO and Joan Jett so i turned it on so i could enjoy the music in the truck and stay in my lane, whilst my noggin was bopping around and maybe a few air drums (y) o_O, might have even been signing OMG
i noticed after a bit that the truck seemed to stay centered and less to the left as it was last time i drove the the truck, on this route. and i could let my hands off the wheel for 32 seconds vice 20 or so before i got the alert and i was not fighting the truck as much to keep truck where i wanted it in the lane (centered)

and the adaptive cruise seemed more WITH IT as it when it needed to slow down for vehicles in front of me it was more subtle vice the very noticeable slow down
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
anyone notice if the last update may have tweaked the lane centering/lane keeping?
i drove my 20 or so mile route to lowes this morning on a state highway 2 lane with lanes on side for emergencies. i normally do not use the lane centering/lane keeping with cruise on this stretch very much as the lines are a bit wiggly and there is a few confusing gore points for two turn offs.
but this morning i was jamming hard to the WHO and Joan Jett so i turned it on so i could enjoy the music in the truck and stay in my lane, whilst my noggin was bopping around and maybe a few air drums (y) o_O, might have even been signing OMG
i noticed after a bit that the truck seemed to stay centered and less to the left as it was last time i drove the the truck, last thursday. and i could let my hands off the wheel for 32 seconds vice 20 or so before i got the alert and i was not fighting the truck as much to keep truck where i wanted it in the lane (centered)

and the adaptive cruise seemed more WITH IT as it when it needed to slow down for vehicles in front of me it was more subtle vice the very noticeable slow down
thanks in advance
I need this OTA update. 🎉

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
i drove my 20 or so mile route to lowes this morning on a state highway 2 lane with emergency lanes on side. i normally do not use the lane centering/lane keeping with cruise on this stretch very much as the lines are a bit wiggly and there is a few confusing gore points for two turn offs.
i noticed after a bit that the truck seemed to stay centered and less to the left as it was last time i drove the the truck, on this route. and i could let my hands off the wheel for 32 seconds vice 20 or so before i got the alert and i was not fighting the truck as much to keep truck where i wanted it in the lane (centered)

thanks in advance
If you are referring to the 3.1.1./3.52 update, then no, you should not see anything different. These updates are just to prep the truck for future updates. These driver assist features use cameras and sensors to operate that can be affected by things like rain, fog, glare from the sun, the lines painted on the road being faded, etc. It is very possible that it works better one day than the next depending on the different factors that go into it.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
If you are referring to the 3.1.1./3.52 update, then no, you should not see anything different. These updates are just to prep the truck for future updates. These driver assist features use cameras and sensors to operate that can be affected by things like rain, fog, glare from the sun, the lines painted on the road being faded, etc. It is very possible that it works better one day than the next depending on the different factors that go into it.
thats makes sense, but truck is dirty as dirty can be from the insane road destruction by our HOA in our neighborhood, dark brown dust every day, wash the truck and 5 minutes later its covered in the stuff. maybe the light is refracting different in the glaze of brown dust.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well, after three dealer tries to update my sync 4, they put in a new APIM and up dates now turn on. My only thought that now we are in the late '22s that Ford my not be sending out '21 updates any more and I will get nothing. We shall see......

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well, after three dealer tries to update my sync 4, they put in a new APIM and up dates now turn on. My only thought that now we are in the late '22s that Ford my not be sending out '21 updates any more and I will get nothing. We shall see......
You'll still get them. I have a job 1 2021 that was stuck on an update for months, and they pushed an old update to me 8 days ago. It failed again, and that's when I gave up and updated the truck manually, but give it some time now that you got the hardware sorted out and I am sure you'll see something sooner than later.
Sponsored