Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Same issue here. Everything works fine but can’t toggle update sliders.
Question, we're your toggles previously in the on or enabled position for both automatic updates and notifications, and now are both in the off or disabled position?
Does your "About SYNC" display a Versoin number and Revision number?
Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Same thing here.
Toggles changed to "off" and grayed out, scheduling locked. No SYNC Version number and no revision number. I can't believe that Ford doesn't send any messaging thru Fordpass or email. Why don't they advise us as to what's going on. Instead they treat us like know nothing customers who might be to stupid to understand the situation. Can't they say, we're about to send an update this may be a slow process. Or sorry an update failed we are working to resolve the problem. Instead you just bought our 70k truck and we'll leave you in the dark about it. The dealers also seem to be left in the dark about "Ford technology " if you can call it that.

20220105_170957.jpg

20220105_170820.jpg
I feel ya. Thing is probably 95% of owners either don’t know about that option menu and even if they saw it wouldn’t know what I meant or wouldn’t even care. But I still agree a little bit of communication would be nice.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
My toggles are all still in the off position, but ford pass shows that auto updates are still set to on, so that hopefully means it will still receive an update automatically when available.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Same issue, automatic updates not able to turn on and no revision numbers

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Question, we're your toggles previously in the on or enabled position for both automatic updates and notifications, and now are both in the off or disabled position?
Does your "About SYNC" display a Versoin number and Revision number?
They used to be switchable and set to ON. About Sync USED to display the current version but no longer. I think the last it showed was 1.6 or 1.4.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone seen a change to the dead status on there update toggles, version or Rev numbers?

Called Ford today, after wasting 2 hours on the phone there clueless and told me I should take it to the dealer. At least they offered to help me locate my nearest dealer. LOL

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
My toggles were grayed out and no revision shown then yesterday I check and it was back to working auto updates were on and sync showed a revision and version. Looked at it today and back to being grayed out wtf! I show no updates received in months, makes no sense whatsoever.

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
Wasted about a half hour of my life on the phone with Ford today. Finally, she tells me they are aware of the issue and that there is no set date for the fix, but they are working on it. I asked to escalate the issue and was told that basically when the fix is there you will get it. Useless!

Then on another note, I got the dreaded check engine light "Malfunction Indicator Lamp-Regulatory". The Ford Pass App notified me of the error. "Generator Control Module" is what the Ford tech told me when he plugged the reader in to check it. He cleared it then it came back on again. ANOTHER ghost to trace down.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
got this late last week build 1 truck made Jan 2021
Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? IMG_0882.JPG

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My toggles are all still in the off position, but ford pass shows that auto updates are still set to on, so that hopefully means it will still receive an update automatically when available.
Where in Fordpass do you look to see that automatic updates are on? I'm looking all over and don't see that.
When I click on (Vehicle | Features & Settings | Software Updates) It shows (in-vehicle settings) and how to enable automatic updates. But I don't see anything about them being "on" or enabled.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Where in Fordpass do you look to see that automatic updates are on? I'm looking all over and don't see that.
When I click on (Vehicle | Features & Settings | Software Updates) It shows (in-vehicle settings) and how to enable automatic updates. But I don't see anything about them being "on" or enabled.
Same place. Mine shows on here.

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? 908C9DEB-1ECE-4C83-90AC-69BC9E8693CA

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same place. Mine shows on here.

908C9DEB-1ECE-4C83-90AC-69BC9E8693CA.png
Wow! The whole time I've owned my truck the app has not shown that even when updates were on. I think I'm going to clear the cache, unload the app, restart and reinstall. I was always wondering why the app did not show the automatic update settings status on my phone, but, I guess it does.
Thanks!

Last edited:

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Wow! The whole time I've owned my truck the app has not shown that even when updates were on. I think I'm going to clear the cache, unload the app, restart and reinstall. I was always wondering why the app did not show the automatic update settings status on my phone, but, I guess it does.
Thanks!
Did you get this fixed? I'm in the same boat where it doesn't show it's on. Have tried re-installing the app already though.
Sponsored