4.22 update backup camera not working

atreehandle

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 2021 STX 2.7L
Just got the newest update ( at least that is what my screen said). Noticed 2 things this morning. 1. My mileage screen was erased or zeroed out. 2. My backup camera was not working when sitting in park. I pushed the camera button and got nothing. I use this feature when parking in a parking lot to tell if I'm within the lines. ( yes, a little OCD lol). It does work when I put it in reverse. Why Ford? Why?
Sponsored

Freedom

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Same problem here, pushing the camera button does nothing. Camera works when in reverse only. I'm on 4.2.4. Would very much like to get this working again. Was super handy when pulling into the garage. Would use it to watch the bumper as I pulled in and stop as soon as it's at the edge, leaving as much room in front as possible. Did this in parking lots too. Hopefully this is just a software glitch that they get fixed. Otherwise, the button is useless.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I'm starting to feel good for not getting the next updates. Too many posts about things not working properly.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same problem here, pushing the camera button does nothing. Camera works when in reverse only. I'm on 4.2.4. Would very much like to get this working again. Was super handy when pulling into the garage. Would use it to watch the bumper as I pulled in and stop as soon as it's at the edge, leaving as much room in front as possible. Did this in parking lots too. Hopefully this is just a software glitch that they get fixed. Otherwise, the button is useless.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX 4x4 VELOCITY BLUE
Occupation
Integration Engineer
Same here. Backup camera button not working. If I put it in reverse works fine. Just got the 4.2.4 a week ago and noticed it today.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Same here. Backup camera button not working. If I put it in reverse works fine. Just got the 4.2.4 a week ago and noticed it today.
OTA update you'll get later will fix it.
Sponsored