Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
My ota updates are also turned off and not working. It shows that its on the ford website but not in my truck I am still supposedly up to date with 1.4
Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Mine's been like that for almost a month now. I took it into the dealership and they told me it was because I was getting a bad Wi-Fi signal. I didn't believe that for one minute because I get get an excellent Wi-Fi signal in the garage where my truck is parked. Also, if you're not using Wi-Fi, it downloads the updates over the 4G modem.
Anyway using the Ford scriptable widget, my OTA status is "expired". Not sure what that means.
Mine says the same and same things going on. As per ford and other people and the post #15. We will have to wait for a fix.

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
My Limited is at the dealership now trying to get a fix for the automatic update and notification to turn on as well as no "Revidsion" number. Hopefully they come up with something! I dont think I've gotten any updates since I bought the truck in February.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
My Limited is at the dealership now trying to get a fix for the automatic update and notification to turn on as well as no "Revidsion" number. Hopefully they come up with something! I dont think I've gotten any updates since I bought the truck in February.
Unfortunately the only thing they can do at the moment as per ford is replace the apim in our situation. They are working on a software fix that should be out soon. So if you don’t want your dash ripped out I would just hold tight.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Unfortunately the only thing they can do at the moment as per ford is replace the apim in our situation. They are working on a software fix that should be out soon. So if you don’t want your dash ripped out I would just hold tight.
has Ford stated they are working on a fix? Just wondering where your info came from. Mine has been at the dealer multiple times and they also can’t fix it and are stuck at waiting on guidance from Ford.

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
has Ford stated they are working on a fix? Just wondering where your info came from. Mine has been at the dealer multiple times and they also can’t fix it and are stuck at waiting on guidance from Ford.
This is directly from ford early access.They emailed me back. This was Dec 20th. So I’m sure with the holidays things will take a bit more time. That’s all the info I have at the moment.

We are working to resolve the issues you have identified. You can go the dealer but the only solution they can offer at the moment would be to replace your module. We are working on a software fix so that your module does not need to be replaced. The software calibration you mentioned is unrelated to the issues you have noted post the software update. Please stay patient with us as we continue to work towards a resolution to this issue. You can look forward to a communication from our team very soon on next steps.

Thanks,

Ford Early Access Program

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
This is directly from ford early access.They emailed me back. This was Dec 20th. So I’m sure with the holidays things will take a bit more time. That’s all the info I have at the moment.

We are working to resolve the issues you have identified. You can go the dealer but the only solution they can offer at the moment would be to replace your module. We are working on a software fix so that your module does not need to be replaced. The software calibration you mentioned is unrelated to the issues you have noted post the software update. Please stay patient with us as we continue to work towards a resolution to this issue. You can look forward to a communication from our team very soon on next steps.

Thanks,

Ford Early Access Program
Nice to see an acknowledgment from Ford about it. I expect to see the same response soon then. As widespread of an issue as this appears, I wonder if this is what’s holding up bluecruise.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
My Limited has been stuck on 1.4 for months, tried reset and master reset and nothing for months, After voicing my displeasure to Ford Customer Relations I was instructed to take my truck to the dealership, Ford also told me they could now activate Blue Cruse at the dealership as well, I think thats BS but I dropped the truck off today.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
My Limited has been stuck on 1.4 for months, tried reset and master reset and nothing for months, After voicing my displeasure to Ford Customer Relations I was instructed to take my truck to the dealership, Ford also told me they could now activate Blue Cruse at the dealership as well, I think thats BS but I dropped the truck off today.
I’d be interested to see what they say. After multiple trips to the dealer while waiting for direction from ford, they tried a manual updated after a master reset which both failed. Waiting on the next steps now. I assume once it’s updated I will get bluecruise too.
Sync should be self serviceable just as your phone is where you can download an image and reload your system at home manually. Being that we need to depend on dealers for this is annoying.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Ya unfortunately if your having the same issue. Sync revision and sync version number blanked out as well as you can’t turn on auto updates etc. You will have to wait for the so called “fix” to be made available. I hope it’s a OTA but I haven’t heard. So at this point we wait.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Same thing here.
Toggles changed to "off" and grayed out, scheduling locked. No SYNC Version number and no revision number. I can't believe that Ford doesn't send any messaging thru Fordpass or email. Why don't they advise us as to what's going on. Instead they treat us like know nothing customers who might be to stupid to understand the situation. Can't they say, we're about to send an update this may be a slow process. Or sorry an update failed we are working to resolve the problem. Instead you just bought our 70k truck and we'll leave you in the dark about it. The dealers also seem to be left in the dark about "Ford technology " if you can call it that.

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? 20220105_170957

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? 20220105_170820

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
Got my truck back yesterday. No fix! Waiting on Ford for direction they told me.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
If there were updates pending, there should be an icon telling you like these.

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? 42E5A286-E358-48BE-841B-5887CD85679C

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Same issue here. Everything works fine but can’t toggle update sliders.
Sponsored