Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I see Ford offered to look into your situation. Please, if you can let me know how that goes, and if they are able to offer you any assistance.
I’m pretty sure when the so called fix for this issue comes out this month it should fix it for us. I’ll see what they say but I’m sure that’s all it will be.
Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
See the advice I took from Airborne_Ape here -> https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/power-up-2-3-0-ota-rolling-out.7724/post-165158

My job1 truck finally got it's 1.4.0 update Feb 1st.
And now just today Feb 7th I got notified that 1.7.1 is available and it is in progress.

So there is hope through following that method -> 2 hard reboots and re-schedule the updates every day.
But can you turn on auto updates and update notifications. That’s the problem we are stuck on 1.7.1 and those a greyed out. Also the sync version is blank.
I tried what he said and no go.
I have gotten 1.4 and 1.6 over the summer.
Thanks tho.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
But can you turn on auto updates and update notifications. That’s the problem we are stuck on 1.7.1 and those a greyed out. Also the sync version is blank.
Thanks tho.
After 1.7.1 applied this morning I can still turn on automatic updates. So I guess I am lucky :(

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Thanks tho.
My update switchs and version are grayed and blank like yours. But I'm going to give this a shot verbatim twice a day for a week. I'll let you know what happens. The last resort will be the dealer and I'm not going to make an appointment with them until March hopefully by then they'll no how to deal with this.

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
My update switchs and version are grayed and blank like yours. But I'm going to give this a shot verbatim twice a day for a week. I'll let you know what happens. The last resort will be the dealer and I'm not going to make an appointment with them until March hopefully by then they'll no how to deal with this.
Same here
Regarding making a appointment. Hope it’s a OTA but who knows at this point.

airwolf1999

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
LW
After unauthorized from my truck to the ap, reinstalled. I am still getting the sleep mode. Taking to dealer next Tuesday to see if it’s draining the battery attempting to download the doomed software.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same issue started a few days ago plus I am getting a deep sleep mode alter, and no lights or anything will come on when getting close. My truck cranks fine and will stay normal for a few hours. No auto update toggle allowed. This does blow.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same here
Regarding making a appointment. Hope it’s a OTA but who knows at this point.
After a week none going through these gyrations none of this works or will ever work. See my new thread
1.7.1 install failed

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
After a week none going through these gyrations none of this works or will ever work. See my new thread
1.7.1 install failed
Will do
I had to take mine in the battery was dead flat this am. But perfect yesterday. Frustrating

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will do
I had to take mine in the battery was dead flat this am. But perfect yesterday. Frustrating
Yup, it's the last thing I want to do is drop my truck at the dealer, and have to go thru there stupid bs.. and not know if the tech understands and knows how to fix it!

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
So what I'm reading here is you really have four (three and half) options. One, get a thingy, read some stuff and update the system yourself. (Thingy no longer available on Amazon) Two, wait. Three, take it to the dealer and hope they can fix it, which I have not seen any evidence of so far (hence the half). Four, download a software on to a USB stick and update it yourself? (I've seen some instructions but would like better instructions)
Mine also has the Auto Update feature stuck in the Off position.
If there are any other options, I'm all ears!

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Dealer communication from Ford about this issue is that an OTA update will be released soon to resolve this next month.

paulk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 lariat powerboost
I am having the same issue, went out last night to use the truck and it was dead as a doornail. Put a meter on the battery is was showing 1v not sure if that is right or not but as soon as I connected the battery pack jumper the lights flickered and the I was able to start the truck. The only message I had was "low charging" I also cannot toggle the automatic updates. When I check for updates it say's I have the latest updates but no version numbers is shown. I have a 2021 lariat powerboost with 2K miles. It's going to the dealer Friday for the recall I will see what they have to say about this.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So what I'm reading here is you really have four (three and half) options. One, get a thingy, read some stuff and update the system yourself. (Thingy no longer available on Amazon) Two, wait. Three, take it to the dealer and hope they can fix it, which I have not seen any evidence of so far (hence the half). Four, download a software on to a USB stick and update it yourself? (I've seen some instructions but would like better instructions)
Mine also has the Auto Update feature stuck in the Off position.
If there are any other options, I'm all ears!
The only way to get Option 4 is to buy the "thingy" and pay for FDRS to download the USB update. It's tied to your VIN so you are required to have FDRS and the "thingy".
Sponsored