Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Haha, great stuff. Bet that thing was a real chick magnet.
Ha! I took my wife on our first date in it. Had to bungie the door shut, and crack the window because the rear main seal was gone and it burned oil. But man, it had a kickass sound system!

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Your truck is fine. The OTA rollout plan for the 6.x.x updates has not reached you VIN yet. Many vehicles stopped after the 4.x.x updates and no action since then. Your truck is communicating fine with the cloud.

It is failing due to insufficient battery stats, but yet the battery stats reported to the cloud seem fine. Capacity is over 70 and SoC over 80. I would try taking it for a 20 minute drive so the alternator tops off the battery and manually start the update as soon as you park it.

Edit: You need PTS to see this and they charge you for access. Save your money. That's what I'm here for.

1710455434286-9n.png
@rugedraw
Let it charge with a 40amp charger for a few hours. Check SOC was at %90.

tried again but didn’t go through. Decided to reset the BCM and try again, no change.

any update in PTS on the error? I don’t even see this update is FDRS.

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
My bad I purchased my truck on 12/31/22 and always think of 2023 but mine is a 22. Weird that they change version numbers between 22 and 23 when they didn’t change anything else.
I haven’t received anymot updates this week since the 4.2.1
I’m not sure I understand how this screenshot is relevant to my original question. The excel sheet and GitHub page list the 4.2.1 as a version that goes out to MY23 F150s whereas 4.2.3 is only listed for MY21 and MY22.

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
So you can try to manually update it after a long drive if you’ve got an update in your queue via the bell icon?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
So you can try to manually update it after a long drive if you’ve got an update in your queue via the bell icon?
Yes, go to software update in settings, hit the update now button to start 2 minute countdown when you turn truck off. I just did this when I got home tonight. :)

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just picked up a new to me 2021 lariat FX4 a couple weeks ago. Talked to Snake over on another forum and he ran my vin through fdrs to see how far out of date I was. I've got a pretty solid list of updates, but not too bad for having automatic updates turned off and sitting at a dealership for who knows how long with a weak battery. (Sync is at 23159 rev915) Read through a major of this thread. I went back to roughly the timeframe my truck last updated just to see if there may have been anything that would cause any potential issues. I have replaced the weak Ford h6 with an H8 and waited patiently for 2 whole weeks 🤣 but have not received anything. I was wondering if someone could run my vin to see if there are any potential issues with me getting updates? If there is, I'll pony up for a mongoose. If not, I'll continue to wait patiently (until I can't anymore, and pony up for a mongoose anyway)

1FTFW1E8XMKE27242

Thanks to all the very knowledgeable people here!
OTA dashboard is below. Your truck got all the 4.x.x updates but has not been sent the 6.x.x updates yet. This is very common. There are many vehicles that "stopped" where yours did across all Ford platforms. However, in your case, FDRS is not showing an APIM, GWM or TCU update pending. If I am right (and I'm 99% sure that I am), your truck is one being affected by an issue on Ford's side where the next GWM does not release from the server causing the vehicle to not progress through certain updates needed for the OTA process to flow. I believe your truck may need a little kick in the pants to get things rolling. I don't want to bother him now, but message me tomorrow to remind me to check with the resident guru if something can be done to get you moving along.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) 1710466032352-6k

@abd79

More nonsense. Capacity is at 80 (I assume you have an H8 battery) and SoC at 90%. It's being a little b*itch. You battery stats meet the criteria. Just keep trying. It'll go through eventually.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) 1710465837468-ht

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
OTA dashboard is below. Your truck got all the 4.x.x updates but has not been sent the 6.x.x updates yet. This is very common. There are many vehicles that "stopped" where yours did across all Ford platforms. However, in your case, FDRS is not showing an APIM, GWM or TCU update pending. If I am right (and I'm 99% sure that I am), your truck is one being affected by an issue on Ford's side where the next GWM does not release from the server causing the vehicle to not progress through certain updates needed for the OTA process to flow. I believe your truck may need a little kick in the pants to get things rolling. I don't want to bother him now, but message me tomorrow to remind me to check with the resident guru if something can be done to get you moving along.

1710466032352-6k.png

@abd79

More nonsense. Capacity is at 80 (I assume you have an H8 battery) and SoC at 90%. It's being a little b*itch. You battery stats meet the criteria. Just keep trying. It'll go through eventually.

1710465837468-ht.png
Still have the factory H7 that was replaced under warranty but I did modify the SOC setting up to %90 from factory.

I’ll keep trying, thanks!

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a

1710466032352-6k.png

/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I know it's stuck a little ways back there. Just not sure how long the previous owner, or the dealership had auto updates turned off. But if someone can give it a nudge to break the dam free, I'm all for it!

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Have a new PB HVAC config showing up in FDRS today. Wasn't aware HVAC controls needed something else. Maybe it's a fix for the extra heat that shows up on the foot vent?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just received 1978-CB-PIN-TC. It was apparently an update for the carburetor on a 1978 Ford Pinto. Things are getting weird.
You should of had a Rotor Button and Gas Tank Safety recall update drop when this one competed

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Have a new PB HVAC config showing up in FDRS today. Wasn't aware HVAC controls needed something else. Maybe it's a fix for the extra heat that shows up on the foot vent?
Not completely sure what all it fixed or changed but for me in my ‘21 job1 it fixed the problem where you couldn’t control the fan speed using the fan slider if you enabled the climate bar in the APIM.
Sponsored