Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I am starting a new thread consolidating all bugs that were introduced by the latest Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA (SYNC version 21281 rev244):

- Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign recognition does not retain settings in SYNC after vehicle restart. There is a thread about it here.

- SYNC boot animation gets randomly replaced with blank white screen. Example here.

- CarPlay screen features a black rectangular outline. Example here and here.

- Android Auto/Apple CarPlay randomly disconnects.

- Seat massage window does not time out. Need to be manually dismissed.

NOTICE: All above bugs has been reported by multiple users. These are not vehicle or user configuration specific issues. @Ford Motor Company I am asking you to kindly monitor this thread and forward this bug list to your development team.

To all others, feel free to reply with your own observations, if I can prove that this is a wide spread issue (meaning other users have them) I will add that issue to this list
Sponsored

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
@iceman77 Carplay with a black outline is not a 2.3.0 OTA specific bug. As you know I'm definitely not on 2.3.0 and I have the black outline as well. I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3 if that helps narrow down why we have the black band.
Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs IMG_0288

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for starting this. I will add:

My view settings still do not persist.

Cameras still do not work at speed.

Steering wheel buttons no longer change radio stations correctly

Still no option to hide "cards" except in Ford Nav view

"Please check surroundings for safety" message still stays on forever in camera views, obscuring vision.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
@iceman77 Carplay with a black outline is not a 2.3.0 OTA specific bug. As you know I'm definitely not on 2.3.0 and I have the black outline as well. I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3 if that helps narrow down why we have the black band.
I would respectfully disagree. Below is a screenshot taken by an user before and after updating to APIM 21281 rev244

Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs 1643817736078

Also, the Phone list is misaligned as well in the newest version of the APIM. If you look at your own screenshot, it is misaligned too. Makes me think you are running the latest version of APIM after all[/QUOTE]

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I would respectfully disagree. Below is a screenshot taken by an user before and after updating to APIM 21281 rev244

Also, the Phone list is misaligned as well in the newest version of the APIM. If you look at your own screenshot, it is misaligned too. Makes me think you are running the latest version of APIM after all
Well, shit. Then maybe I'm stuck in some weird APIM purgatory then. I still can't see my revision, can't turn on auto updates, and tonesto's tool still reports 1.7.1 as failed.

Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs IMG_1821.PNG
Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs IMG_1822
Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs IMG_1823

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Sorry if this isn't some new wrinkle from 2.3.0 ... but the side panel card for Zone Lighting does nothing but move it over to the main part of the display. I could have sworn that I could actually control the lighting on the side panel before.

Of course... I could be wrong.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Well, shit. Then maybe I'm stuck in some weird APIM purgatory then. I still can't see my revision, can't turn on auto updates, and tonesto's tool still reports 1.7.1 as failed.
This is really super weird. I have checked your AB data and compared to mine and you are indeed running an older version of APIM:

Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs 1643839214470

You seems to be running the BL revision while mine is on EG. But looking at your APIM screen, I swear, it looks just like 21281 version....

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
This is really super weird. I have checked your AB data and compared to mine and you are indeed running an older version of APIM:

1643839214470.png

You seems to be running the BL revision while mine is on EG. But looking at your APIM screen, I swear, it looks just like 21281 version....
Yeah I went out to the truck and double checked, the phone icon is definitely not lined up like the example you provided. Who freaking knows with my truck, I'm running the Jekyll & Hyde version of the APIM apparently.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Yeah I went out to the truck and double checked, the phone icon is definitely not lined up like the example you provided. Who freaking knows with my truck, I'm running the Jekyll & Hyde version of the APIM apparently.
Keep an eye on your Updates menu. Once in a while it gets out of this “cursed” mode. That’s when you would be able to see the Sync version as well! I would just check this each time you start the truck. I know its off topic, but If you have your FDRS USB flash prepared., keep it handy! Once you see the Sync version, that’s when you insert the drive.Your update will start!

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I have 2.3.0 now installed on Sync 4 V 21146 rev 145 and I'm getting rear proximity alerts and notice that rear brake assist is not available where I've never had issues with either before. It's like the sensors have become hyper sensitive.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

1643817736078.png

Also, the Phone list is misaligned as well in the newest version of the APIM. If you look at your own screenshot, it is misaligned too. Makes me think you are running the latest version of APIM after all
I’m not entirely sure that the phone list misalignment is actually a bug. For those few of us that use the SYNC nav, the space between the phone list icon and the edge of the screen is occupied by two additional icons for the phone—signal strength and battery level. Those icons were deleted with 1.7.1 and restored with 2.3.0. The phone list icon may have been relocated to the right to make room for these restored phone icons on the SYNC nav screen. Unnecessary to free up space when using Car Play because these phone icons would be redundant and are not displayed but the programmers might have been lazy and not moved the phone list back for Car Play users.

GatorLariat21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor - Code Orange
I’m not entirely sure that the phone list misalignment is actually a bug. For those few of us that use the SYNC nav, the space between the phone list icon and the edge of the screen is occupied by two additional icons for the phone—signal strength and battery level. Those icons were deleted with 1.7.1 and restored with 2.3.0. The phone list icon may have been relocated to the right to make room for these restored phone icons on the SYNC nav screen. Unnecessary to free up space when using Car Play because these phone icons would be redundant and are not displayed but the programmers might have been lazy and not moved the phone list back for Car Play users.
Try switching your CarPlay wallpaper to the all black wallpaper. When I do that, CarPlay has square boarders with no gap. If I switch back to another wallpaper it goes back to rounded edges with black gap. And yes, I tried this in Maps and other apps that had the color go all the way to the edges.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
Not sure if this is a bug from 2.3.0 but I recently noticed that when I enable the massaging seat on driver side using the button on the seat, the menu for massaging options comes on the Sync 4 screen but it stays on unless I go back to maps or carplay.

Recently noticed after 2.3.0 update it used to timed out and go back to the previous screen after a few seconds if I don't touch it or even if I touch it to select a different option from same menu it goes back to the previous screen I had it on. Now it just sticks around until I select another screen.

Anyone else seeing this?

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Not sure if this is a bug from 2.3.0 but I recently noticed that when I enable the massaging seat on driver side using the button on the seat, the menu for massaging options comes on the Sync 4 screen but it stays on unless I go back to maps or carplay.

Recently noticed after 2.3.0 update it used to timed out and go back to the previous screen after a few seconds if I don't touch it or even if I touch it to select a different option from same menu it goes back to the previous screen I had it on. Now it just sticks around until I select another screen.

Anyone else seeing this?
Seeing something similar. Sometimes, not always, when I put the phone on the wireless charging pad the notice saying it is active just hangs around until I finally say ok.

It used to time out and go away. And sometimes it still does!!!

Reactions: tcp