First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Some got this version yesterday, but the notes and comments are getting buried in the 3.5.2/3.5.3 thread. It is helpful to keep the updates/problems separate.

I venture back over here to note that it looks like I may be the first Lightning to also get 3.5.4 today.

Sorry for the interruption - ICE owners please carry on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
@rugedraw - thought I would draw this to your attention. Thanks for the wiki updates.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I will add Lightning to the 3.5.4 field in the wiki. Thanks!

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
3.5.4 already? I haven't even gotten 3.5.3 yet. 3.5.2 did download successfully 2-3 weeks ago.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
3.5.4 already? I haven't even gotten 3.5.3 yet. 3.5.2 did download successfully 2-3 weeks ago.
I get the feeling that people that opted to allow the truck to send its data back to the mother ship will get the updates first. I prefer not to share my data, so I assume I will be one of the last to get it.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I get the feeling that people that opted to allow the truck to send its data back to the mother ship will get the updates first. I prefer not to share my data, so I assume I will be one of the last to get it.
Maybe, but I let data go back to Ford. With or without your permission, your truck sends out plenty of info. I figure what does a little more hurt.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Maybe, but I let data go back to Ford. With or without your permission, your truck sends out plenty of info. I figure what does a little more hurt.
I'm probably just more paranoid than most when it comes to that stuff

JoeWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1975 F250 4x4, 2021 F150 Powerboost
Is there a pattern to those that get OTA updates vs those that do not, based on the AT&T signal strength?

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but my son (who lives close to cellular towers) borrrowed my truck twice - overnight I got OTA updates both times.

I have received 1 update (just a few days ago) when parked at my house, where I only get 2 bars for ATT service... Signal strength shows up when you go into the mobile hotspot settings page.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is there a pattern to those that get OTA updates vs those that do not, based on the AT&T signal strength?

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but my son (who lives close to cellular towers) borrrowed my truck twice - overnight I got OTA updates both times.

I have received 1 update (just a few days ago) when parked at my house, where I only get 2 bars for ATT service... Signal strength shows up when you go into the mobile hotspot settings page.
No pattern that anyone I know of has been able to figure out. Poor internet may cause problems with downloading the updates once the OTA trigger is sent from the mothership, but if your truck is getting an OTA sent to you, it will get sent regardless of how good or bad your connection is. Whether you will be able to download it without a server/cloud/time out issue is another story.

Reactions: GDN

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I'm probably just more paranoid than most when it comes to that stuff
I'm sure we get our tin foil hats from the same place ;)

All the talk about people desperate to get Alexa in their truck gives me the heebie-jeebies too. Fortunately Alexa follows vampire rules, has to be invited in.

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Can someone tell me how to see what version my truck is on? Mine was built last month so I don’t think I’ve received any OTA updates yet but curious what version. I don’t have full screen like some so I don’t think I’m on the latest.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Can someone tell me how to see what version my truck is on? Mine was built last month so I don’t think I’ve received any OTA updates yet but curious what version. I don’t have full screen like some so I don’t think I’m on the latest.
You have so much to explore when you first get your hands on one of these. :)
Don't let this thread rob you of spending some bonding time first. Lol

On the Sync screen go to settings and look for Sync/about. It will render the current build and revision of Sync4 that your APIM is programmed.

Reactions: GDN

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
You have so much to explore when you first get your hands on one of these. :)
Don't let this thread rob you of spending some bonding time first. Lol

On the Sync screen go to settings and look for Sync/about. It will render the current build and revision of Sync4 that your APIM is programmed.
Thanks I’ll give that a try! I promise I did some searching on my own first before asking but came up short! lol
Sponsored