Sponsored

Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA Bugs

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
Confirm that My Settings do not persist. The selected default setting randomly switches back to the My Settings home.

Confirm that the "rear brake assist is not available" message now appears randomly when it never appeared previously.

The 2.3.0 update turned ProPower on, and the system turned off after several minutes due to a ground fault error. Resets did not clear the error.

Streaming from my iPhone now drops out frequently, and volume and track controls freeze, both conditions requiring an audio power recycle.
Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if this is a bug from 2.3.0 but I recently noticed that when I enable the massaging seat on driver side using the button on the seat, the menu for massaging options comes on the Sync 4 screen but it stays on unless I go back to maps or carplay.

Recently noticed after 2.3.0 update it used to timed out and go back to the previous screen after a few seconds if I don't touch it or even if I touch it to select a different option from same menu it goes back to the previous screen I had it on. Now it just sticks around until I select another screen.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, the seat massage menu now stays on the screen when massage is activated from the driver and passenger side. The massage settings screen on my truck used to overlay my main screen selection (nav), then the overlay would automatically time out. Now I have to re-select my main screen. Ford just added another driver distraction.

My Pro Power now defaults to on after every ignition cycle, instead of holding my previous off selection.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Confirm that My Settings do not persist. The selected default setting randomly switches back to the My Settings home.

Confirm that the "rear brake assist is not available" message now appears randomly when it never appeared previously.

The 2.3.0 update turned ProPower on, and the system turned off after several minutes due to a ground fault error. Resets did not clear the error.

Streaming from my iPhone now drops out frequently, and volume and track controls freeze, both conditions requiring an audio power recycle.
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this setting concern on your F-150. Thanks!

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
I've also notice that my Apple CarPlay gets disconnected all of a sudden as well. Message pops up saying disconnected. I would have to manually reconnect through the phone menu on Sync4. CarPlay has been stable for me since day 1 and is used daily so this is definitely new. Not sure if IOS update has cause this or OTA 2.3.0. I'm on IOS 15.3

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I've also notice that my Apple CarPlay gets disconnected all of a sudden as well. Message pops up saying disconnected. I would have to manually reconnect through the phone menu on Sync4. CarPlay has been stable for me since day 1 and is used daily so this is definitely new. Not sure if IOS update has cause this or OTA 2.3.0. I'm on IOS 15.3
I experience this with Bluetooth/Android Auto.. but it's not random. There is one particular spot by work. Every day, I hit the spot and bluetooth drops causing AA to drop. It'll restore itself, usually, when I drive far enough away. It's the strangest thing, but I've just chalked it up to some interference. But, it didn't start until the past couple months.. so i'm not sure what changed.

Sponsored

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I experience this with Bluetooth/Android Auto.. but it's not random. There is one particular spot by work. Every day, I hit the spot and bluetooth drops causing AA to drop. It'll restore itself, usually, when I drive far enough away. It's the strangest thing, but I've just chalked it up to some interference. But, it didn't start until the past couple months.. so i'm not sure what changed.
Same issue, only shuts off for this one 2 mile stretch of road near a regional airport, after I’m past it, it reconnects and is fine, odd.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Never experienced connection drops with wireless CarPlay using my iPhone 12 Pro. I will add this to the list of issues though, as it seems to be more of a wide spread one

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Reactions: tcp

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Bluetooth from my iPhone 12 drops out multiple times on virtually every drive now with 2.3.0. Occasional dropouts started with 1.7.1. I never had dropouts prior to 1.7.1. I have to cycle the audio power in the truck to restore the Bluetooth connection. In my previous vehicles I never had dropouts at all driving exactly the same routes, and I have no dropouts now in my wife's Subaru, again, driving the same routes. If it's some sort of external interference then Ram, GM, Hyundai, and Subaru are not susceptible to it.

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
The Bluetooth from my iPhone 12 drops out multiple times on virtually every drive now with 2.3.0. Occasional dropouts started with 1.7.1. I never had dropouts prior to 1.7.1. I have to cycle the audio power in the truck to restore the Bluetooth connection. In my previous vehicles I never had dropouts at all driving exactly the same routes, and I have no dropouts now in my wife's Subaru, again, driving the same routes. If it's some sort of external interference then Ram, GM, Hyundai, and Subaru are not susceptible to it.
Thinking further about this.. dealer gave me an expedition as a loaner while they serviced my truck. I connected my phone via Bluetooth, and hit this same spot without any drop. I don't know what year the expedition was, but it had the smaller 8" screen, maybe Sync 3? Maybe it is specific to this version of Sync and update.

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Well, shit. Then maybe I'm stuck in some weird APIM purgatory then. I still can't see my revision, can't turn on auto updates, and tonesto's tool still reports 1.7.1 as failed.

IMG_1821.PNG
IMG_1822.jpg
IMG_1823.jpg
Exact same as you, no updaets, and auto updates cannot be switched on.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I too have massive connectivity issue with wireless CarPlay since updating with FDRS to 2.3. Never had issues on earlier releases. I’ve given up and started using a wired connection for now.

Also my XM presets revert to defaults every 2-3 days since the update.

Hauk

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
On Android Auto when using Google Maps for navigation, the large format turn by turn directions are present in the dash cluster, but when I get 1/2 a mile from the next turn and the turn graphic pops up in the dash, it says 0.0 miles until the turn instead of the expected 0.5 miles. It will continue to say 0.0 miles until you get to 500 feet of the turn and then it switches to feet instead of miles as the unit of measure. After this is counts down the distance (500 to 0) in feet as expected.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I too have massive connectivity issue with wireless CarPlay since updating with FDRS to 2.3. Never had issues on earlier releases. I’ve given up and started using a wired connection for now.

Also my XM presets revert to defaults every 2-3 days since the update.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
On Android Auto when using Google Maps for navigation, the large format turn by turn directions are present in the dash cluster, but when I get 1/2 a mile from the next turn and the turn graphic pops up in the dash, it says 0.0 miles until the turn instead of the expected 0.5 miles. It will continue to say 0.0 miles until you get to 500 feet of the turn and then it switches to feet instead of miles as the unit of measure. After this is counts down the distance (500 to 0) in feet as expected.
I have another post about my experience with this.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...urn-in-gauge-cluster-incorrect-distance.8497/
Sponsored