O&G

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Where do I purchase the FDRS software license?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Where do I purchase the FDRS software license?
The link to the thread and post #1 is going to answer most of your questions for getting set up to take care of updates yourself.

Many many folks here, including myself, that had zero experience and low confidence in doing so, have succeeded.

No need to be frustrated with Ford's OTA mis-adventures or dealership apathy, another day.

You will have control. :)

It's really rather satisfying, to be honest.
And the immediate ceasing of angst and frustration makes the ownership experience much better.

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
11/8 trough 11/20 our 2020 escape downloaded around 10 gig spread out over that 12 days; several 1 Gig files which downloads very fast on my Gig fiber network. ) no we don't pay for maps so that is not the download.

My truck shows nothing more than 16K downloads (I don't have logs back to when I got up the update) but every 7 days it sends out an 11 meg file. What is in this 11 meg? I have insurance data and stuff like that turned off. only enough to make fordpass work.
Are they downloading data they make money off of

The sync site shows "November 2023 new update, We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto .
its now December and I don't have this, but your still downloading date FROM my truck?

if I go where I would download the files, my truck has a red triangle with ! in the middle saying vehicle has automatic updates, click here to receive.
clicking link only shows "Your SYNC will automatically update via Ford Power-Up software updates" but it dosent. and yes the Wifi is turned on and the truck is calling home every day.

Last edited:

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My job 1 ‘21 truck got 3.5.4 yesterday. It got 3.5.3 on Friday. In both cases it took a drive to kick off the install. Grocery and liquor stores respectively 😎. Based on threads here, I thought I might be getting these soon so I have been monitoring traffic on my router. Virtually nothing prior to the 3.5.3 OTA. After 3.5.3 there was about a 500Mb payload sent to the truck over Wi-Fi. Neither update occurred during the daily OTA time start (02:00) I had specified in the truck’s settings. That makes sense because these updates didn’t require the truck to be down. I really didn’t do anything which might’ve helped get these updates other than not let the battery get to a low state of charge. It’s not a daily driver so I keep an eye on the charge level during times when Ford seems to be deploying updates.

I suspect every owner’s experience, deployment and timing will be different but it does seem that the OTA gods at Ford are trying to get these updates deployed. Even to truck like mine that is 2 model years behind what is rolling off the line today.

I look forward to the next round of updates based on reporting from those that contribute to this site.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I got 3.5.4 today as well. 3.5.3.2 a few days ago.

I really think the key is going to get beer, as noted in threads here, and personal experience. Both times were after heading to the corner store to re-up...

Or, we all have a problem. :ROFLMAO:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well, I go to the liquor store twice a week, and I still haven't gotten it. Maybe I should try getting beer instead of scotch to see if that helps. lol

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
First significant Wi-Fi Payload that I know of. It would be significant if Ford is finally going to leverage it.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
First significant Wi-Fi Payload that I know of. It would be significant if Ford is finally going to leverage it.
Looks like mine actually used WiFi for the updates. It's clear that each was downloaded on the date I got the Fordpass notification.

Ford F-150 OTA Power-Up 3.5.4 976A884A-9CCF-482F-B3F5-F6841F8DBD43

phyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost
Google Home. I have a Google Wifi setup - it's configured/monitored through the app.
10-4. I have Starlink and your app colors were very close, but I knew I hadn't seen a data set like that before.
Sponsored