Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Well, that's interesting! Thanks for the heads-up! I've been out of town and hadn't driven the truck until right about the time the "notification of update pending" shows (12:41 PM CST). I have the update scheduled for 7 PM CST and will report back the results.
Update initiated on schedule and completed successfully!

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I want to put this out here. Is it possible to tell if any OTA's and Priority Downloads that Ford is distributing through some sort of logic were done while in for some warranty work?

I'm adding a section of the warranty repair the dealer did to my truck. It went in due to the Check Engine wrench .

The dealer specifically mentions updating the PCM module, plus several other modules. The dealer also mentions a a TSB for desulfering the battery, presumably the one under the hood.

The Vin Number is 1FTFW1ED7NFA62753.

This is the dealer write up.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) INV-FOCS491178 - 01.03.24 - Pg1 B

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
The desulfer procedure was for the Cat. @rugedraw will be able to see if they made any other changes to modules while it was in the shop but my experience at the dealers is when they see modules in FDRS that have updates pending they do none that are not associated with the Tsb or work being done on the issue you brought it in for.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I SIT HERE DRINKING MY MORNNG COFFEE NOT BELIEVING WHAT I AM SEEING
I am a nerdy, data collection, information, teck geek. I bought a 2 day license for PTS ( board, winter time, snow storm). I was looking around on it yesterday and I had nothing in the wings for OTA's, as usual, but it was showing 5 updates available with FDRS. My last OTA was back in August. This morning I opened up PTS, being quiet, not wanting to wake up you know who, I GOT AN OTA!!!! Yahoo, I have been forgiven. Received 23-PU1113-UNX-DC (TCU)via WIFI. Hoping that now they will be rolling in. Also, I am down to 3 up dates in FDRS. ACM - sub install, BCM - headlight breaker and PCM - wrench thrower (maybe). TCU and IPMA disappeared from the list. The IPMA I did at the end of January with FDRS, but would not clear. I am so happy the Ford Gods have forgiven, I am going to have another coffee.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I want to put this out here. Is it possible to tell if any OTA's and Priority Downloads that Ford is distributing through some sort of logic were done while in for some warranty work?

I'm adding a section of the warranty repair the dealer did to my truck. It went in due to the Check Engine wrench .

The dealer specifically mentions updating the PCM module, plus several other modules. The dealer also mentions a a TSB for desulfering the battery, presumably the one under the hood.

The Vin Number is 1FTFW1ED7NFA62753.

This is the dealer write up.
This is what the dealer updated. You are on the latest sync version, so these updates seem to be part of 23-PU1009-SS-NS or 23-PU0630-YAW-RT which includes those modules are part of the update packet.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) 1709821895328

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am a nerdy, data collection, information, teck geek. I bought a 2 day license for PTS ( board, winter time, snow storm). I was looking around on it yesterday and I had nothing in the wings for OTA's, as usual, but it was showing 5 updates available with FDRS. My last OTA was back in August. This morning I opened up PTS, being quiet, not wanting to wake up you know who, I GOT AN OTA!!!! Yahoo, I have been forgiven. Received 23-PU1113-UNX-DC (TCU)via WIFI. Hoping that now they will be rolling in. Also, I am down to 3 up dates in FDRS. ACM - sub install, BCM - headlight breaker and PCM - wrench thrower (maybe). TCU and IPMA disappeared from the list. The IPMA I did at the end of January with FDRS, but would not clear. I am so happy the Ford Gods have forgiven, I am going to have another coffee.
Sitting having my second coffee, thinking about all this. A few things come to mind as what changed to make this happen, if at all.

1. I moved my modem/router to a different room.
2. Truck is father away from the wifi. Not in the attached garage, but in the shop. About 150 feet from the house.
3. Truck is in a warm shop.

I am thinking number 3...Truck doesn't like the cold..... :unsure::unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Is it typical to receive updates out of order of that shown on the spreadsheet? Just got 23-PU113-UNX-DC but I am on 6.4.0.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is it typical to receive updates out of order of that shown on the spreadsheet? Just got 23-PU113-UNX-DC but I am on 6.4.0.
Some updates are going to come in sequence, but others including the one you mentioned can come in at anytime. No issues there.

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I thought PTS was dealer only?

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a

Bob tail

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FX XL Powerboost
Occupation
Tradesman
We will have t reconvene tomorrow on the VIN lookup thread. I can verify no OTA's since April of last year and you're not on the latest sync version. However, it seems Ford is doing maintenance now because I cannot log into FDRS, and PTS has limited capabilities, too.

I can tell you that a few old threads about the 4.x.x updates recently got bumped on the Lightning and MME forums. This is usually an indicator that the server is rolling out those sequence of updates to vehicles needing them. The EV's always get stuff right before we do, so I would not be surprised if we see a bunch of "I just got 4.x.x" posts here sooner than later.
A question on what is contained in the updates: are all improved module firmware files included in a given package 4.X.X ? I know I have a base level trim without bells and whistles, but I am wondering about powertrain and other basic components. I am aware of how the mongoose cable enables a view of available updates when connected to FDRS network. With the sheer number of modules does Ford just include a subset to fix problems, or is the "system as a whole" somehow kept up to date? If I asked for a printout from the dealer, would it include this information? I am wondering if such a record was generated when truck was in for service. Somewhere down the road I might go the DIY route, but for now am just figuring this out. Thanks for the earlier help.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
A question on what is contained in the updates: are all improved module firmware files included in a given package 4.X.X ? I know I have a base level trim without bells and whistles, but I am wondering about powertrain and other basic components. I am aware of how the mongoose cable enables a view of available updates when connected to FDRS network. With the sheer number of modules does Ford just include a subset to fix problems, or is the "system as a whole" somehow kept up to date? If I asked for a printout from the dealer, would it include this information? I am wondering if such a record was generated when truck was in for service. Somewhere down the road I might go the DIY route, but for now am just figuring this out. Thanks for the earlier help.
My signature includes a link to the OTA history thread. There is an excel sheet in the first post that shows the releases notes of every OTA. There don't already give you much information about what the updates do, but that it is what it is as far as that goes.

Edit: Never mind.....this is the OTA history thread. :ROFLMAO: Check the first post here.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
This is what the dealer updated. You are on the latest sync version, so these updates seem to be part of 23-PU1009-SS-NS or 23-PU0630-YAW-RT which includes those modules are part of the update packet.

1709821895328.png
I'm just focused on updates only taking one minute each. 🤣
Dealer has speedy device.
Sponsored