Sponsored

Apple Carplay / Android Auto expand display

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I believe if you take a look at the very first post in this thread you'll see the arrows in the top left corner
Okay thanks. I don't have those arrows. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the update.
Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Has this update been scrapped? I'm surprised by now it isn't rolling out to people, and that it's not being discussed anymore. I have a 2022 Tremor 402a, it's hooked up to wifi when in my garage and it has a good wifi signal. I set it to update every night with a 10 hour window every night.

Last update I have is the 3.5.1 the one about prepping for future updates.

Also a side question, I know Jesse isn't giving out files anymore but just for my curiosity when everyone says they use FDRS to manually update, is this a part of Forscan or is this something only Jesse has access to?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Many of us purchased the Mongoose adapter and license for FDRS (Ford Diagnostic Repair System.... So not Forscan)

We then updated our trucks, rather than wait for OTA or have a dealership touch the truck.

Look for the infamous FDRS thread. It's legendary here. :)

Post #1 pretty much explains everything.

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
Many of us purchased the Mongoose adapter and license for FDRS (Ford Diagnostic Repair System.... So not Forscan)

We then updated our trucks, rather than wait for OTA or have a dealership touch the truck.

Look for the infamous FDRS thread. It's legendary here. :)

Post #1 pretty much explains everything.
This might be the route I take if coolwalk comes out but not the SYNC update.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I saw a post on here stating Coolwalk update is out for beta testers and to be released in 2023.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Coolwalk is a part of AA and CP that is needed for full display. It is an update for your phone if I understanding it correctly.

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
What’s coolwalk?
Coolwalk allows you to see multiple things on Android auto. Carplay basically already has it. With AA right now full screen will let you see nav, or, music, or whatever. But only one at a time, coolwalk fixes that.

Sponsored

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
My Android auto updated this morning. Now able to see Google maps in full screen.

PXL_20221112_114724050.MP.jpg
This is why I'm holding off on the cable and license, with my luck I'd pay for everything and the OTA would roll out the next day haha.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
2 things needed to happen in order for Android users to have full screen Google maps.

1. Ford needed to release an update to allow Android auto to use the entire screen real estate
2. Google needed to release an update to Android auto to allow maps and other apps to take up the entire app. (In widescreen audio controls were permanently docked to the side much like the default Ford UI)

Both of these updates are now in the early phases of roll out (within the past 3 months). This is a big deal for anyone using an Android device. From my understanding Apple CarPlay has supported full screen maps for quite some time.

Note that the new version of Android Auto "coolwalk" is only available for beta testers currently and is expected to fully roll out within the next 6 months

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
2 things needed to happen in order for Android users to have full screen Google maps.

1. Ford needed to release an update to allow Android auto to use the entire screen real estate
2. Google needed to release an update to Android auto to allow maps and other apps to take up the entire app. (In widescreen audio controls were permanently docked to the side much like the default Ford interphase)

Both of these updates are now in the early phases of roll out within the past 3 months. This is a big deal for anyone using an Android device. From my understanding Apple CarPlay has supported full screen maps for quite some time.
Yup, my brother has apple car play in his Silverado, he has a smaller screen so its full screen. As much as I dislike Apple products, as of right now CarPlay is superior. Coolwalk is definitely a step in the right direction.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering