First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
My Android auto updated this morning. Now able to see Google maps in full screen.

PXL_20221112_114724050.MP.jpg
That's awesome, you didn't do any modification, this just came as an OTA?

EDIT: I see they are in AA beta, lucky.

Reactions: TJE

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
Are these OTA updates rolling out in waves?

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Are these OTA updates rolling out in waves?
That’s what I heard from Ford Canada, I bet it’s the same for Ford US. I know a few people already got some last night which is surprising.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I think it would be really cool to let car play take over the entire screen like Sync 3. Just give us a Ford icon to return to the Sync screen.
There's a guy that has been parking next to me at the train station pretty much daily for the last few years. A few months back he began rolling up in a brand new Tundra and I immediately noticed the giant, full-screen carplay map glowing gloriously from his dash.

Not gonna lie: it looks pretty awesome!

Sponsored

gotrucks

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1963 Austin Healey Sprite / 2021 F150 Lariat 502A
I was able to get the powerup 3.5.3 update when I went to the dealership last week. I had a bad battery and told my tech about the full-screen Carplay update, and he asked "Do you have Carplay connectivity issues?"

Turns out there is a TSB (TSB 22-2226) that they ran and updated my Carplay to the new fullscreen version.

It took a while to figure out how to activate it, it will remain in the 3/4's screen until you hit the expand arrow in the top left corner.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I was able to get the powerup 3.5.3 update when I went to the dealership last week. I had a bad battery and told my tech about the full-screen Carplay update, and he asked "Do you have Carplay connectivity issues?"

Turns out there is a TSB (TSB 22-2226) that they ran and updated my Carplay to the new fullscreen version.

It took a while to figure out how to activate it, it will remain in the 3/4's screen until you hit the expand arrow in the top left corner.
does the dealer have to honor the TSB if your out of the 36/36000 warranty or would we have to pay for them to do what needs to be done? Asking for a friend.

gotrucks

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1963 Austin Healey Sprite / 2021 F150 Lariat 502A
does the dealer have to honor the TSB if your out of the 36/36000 warranty or would we have to pay for them to do what needs to be done? Asking for a friend.
I am still under warranty, so i cant speak to what would happen if you are outside the window.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Some dealers won’t let you pay for it, but some do; it’s dealer’s discretion. Every dealer is different. I’d have your friend reach out to his service advisor he always deals with and ask him/her. For example, my service advisor is actually the Service Assistant Manager haha so I have the pull for anything and he’s awesome!

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
TSBs don’t extend the warranty.
It may be covered by a service contract or the dealer might decide to use goodwill funds to pay for it, if you’re a good client.

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
still waiting for this day to come :cry::cry:
Just update it to FDRS or get someone in your area that has the Mongoose cable, FDRS and a battery maintainer to keep your battery at constant 12-13V if you don't have any of these. It really takes up to 2 hours max; downloading it is easy dependant on your network speed but the installing part takes time. It's definitely worth it.

A lot of my dealers won't do it, so you could try your dealer but be aware, they can say no. Even if they do say yes, they'll charge you hourly for it.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Just update it to FDRS or get someone in your area that has the Mongoose cable, FDRS and a battery maintainer to keep your battery at constant 12-13V if you don't have any of these. It really takes up to 2 hours max; downloading it is easy dependant on your network speed but the installing part takes time. It's definitely worth it.

A lot of my dealers won't do it, so you could try your dealer but be aware, they can say no. Even if they do say yes, they'll charge you hourly for it.
i’m extremely considering that route but at the time same time it would be so gratifying if i wait for the update to drop via OTA Lol.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP

Isn’t FDRS like $1k?
Sponsored