Apple CarPlay

Dvcpro13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost 502a Agate Black
I have a CarPlay question. Assume you’re listening to Sirius XM or on the NAV screen…if you get a text message or a reminder, does your screen switch from whatever it is on currently and get completely taken over by CarPlay while the notification lasts, then revert back to the previous screen? If you’re in navigation, you could miss a turn while CarPlay takes your screen hostage just to let you know you’re getting a message or to show you a reminder. I would’ve assumed the notification could overlay whatever is currently on screen.

Long winded, sorry.
Sponsored

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Notifications will go way after few seconds if you choose to ignore them and screen stays the same. If you click on the text message, It will read out the text message for you and ask you if you wish to reply. It will return back to last screen after reply.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
If you have the larger dash cluster, you can have the navigation turns in the center.
The other thing you can do is do turn on do not disturb. Or just hit the navigation button when it happens.

ForrestO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Finance
Hi, I have the same issue. When I finish dealing with an Apple notification, it does not revert to the previous screen. In my case it's usually SiriusXM Audio. I have to press the audio button to return. It is an annoyance and shouldn't happen that way. It also happens when I'm navigating with apple (which I prefer). After a turn prompt, I loose the audio and have to click the audio button. Not a big deal but is annoying. I haven't tried Ford voice assistance to resume the SiriusXM but suspect it would work. How funny to be driving and have three voice assistants available: Ford, Siri, an Alexa.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Use the Sirius XM app and Waze/Maps/Google Maps and that won't happen. ;-)

Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah…system leaves room for improvement for sure. When I get a text notification the whole screen will go to Apple car play layout momentarily, then revert back to Sirius or whatever other screen I was on. NBD but just a text banner would be nice. My biggest issue is if I’m actively using Spotify or Apple Maps for a while, the truck will launch on Apple car play screen at startup for days if not weeks after, even if the most recent feature used was Sirius or something else built into the truck. Luckily these things can be improved overtime

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
Interesting. 2021 Lariat here. When I get text message on my iPhone, I see the banner for a few seconds and then it goes back to whatever is playing if I leave it alone.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Interesting. 2021 Lariat here. When I get text message on my iPhone, I see the banner for a few seconds and then it goes back to whatever is playing if I leave it alone.
Same

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Sounds like a lot of you aren't watching the road!! <Just kidding>

I haven't noticed this but I pretty much live on CarPlay. I really need to play with the nav system to see where the turn alerts show up. Do they show up on the instrument cluster too? Seems like that would be the best place for them.

Sponsored

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Sounds like a lot of you aren't watching the road!! <Just kidding>

I haven't noticed this but I pretty much live on CarPlay. I really need to play with the nav system to see where the turn alerts show up. Do they show up on the instrument cluster too? Seems like that would be the best place for them.
Yes they do appear on the cluster.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
It also happens when I'm navigating with apple (which I prefer). After a turn prompt, I loose the audio and have to click the audio button.
That's odd... because, if I am understanding you correctly, this is my normal setup and I never lose my audio source after a turn prompt.

My typical mode:
- XM Radio for Music (on small card to the right of the display... NOT THE APP)
- Apple CarPlay, w/ Apple Maps, on large display or full display

My XM will lower the volume for turn prompts, then return to normal volume when Siri is done bossing me around.

Is this not what you experience? Do you really have to hit <Audio> after ever turn to return to XM radio? That'd drive me NUTS!

ForrestO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Finance
Yes. That’s why I said it. I thought it odd. Don’t intend to troubleshoot it.
Sponsored