Sponsored

SYNC 4 will it have CarPlay and Android Auto?

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Really hope SYNC 4 in the 2021 F150 will have wireless Carplay and Android Auto. Anyone know if it will?
Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Really hope SYNC 4 in the 2021 F150 will have wireless Carplay and Android Auto. Anyone know if it will?
I’m sure it’s a given that it’ll have at least one of the interfaces that can be used wirelessly but having both wouldn’t surprise me at all.

If only one is offered, I’d say that it’ll be Android Auto.

Degrominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch
I’m sure it’s a given that it’ll have at least one of the interfaces that can be used wirelessly but having both wouldn’t surprise me at all.

If only one is offered, I’d say that it’ll be Android Auto.
I use an iphone so I hope we get wireless Carplay. Hate having cords all over the place. I hope we get both, but why do you think it'd be wireless Android Auto over Apple Carplay?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Like you, I’m an Apple/ iPhone man so very cool indeed.

With that being said and the reason that I think that way is because more people have and use Android based phones so in my opinion, it just comes down to numbers. Those owners would get it first and perhaps iPhone later in a software update.

The same thing happened with SYNC 3 and the 2016 and I think some 2017 F150’s whereas the only way to get Apple CarPlay to work, owners such as myself had to wait on the SYNC 3 update to be released and we also had to purchase and install a new USB port but Android Auto owners didn’t need any of these changes because it worked right out of the box.

I hope I’m wrong about the 202 but personally, I don’t have a problem with using a charging cable because I prefer the sound over wired.
Sponsored