Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Nor will the damping likely be ideal given the heavier rear springs on the PB.
I do notice that the rear end of my PB with 6112/5160's when unloaded is still a bit unsettled on small bumps like expansion joints on freeway over-passes and bridges. It is hugely improved on bigger bumps and holes though.

The stock fronts would bottom out with any amount of speed and anything bigger than a small to medium bump.. I drove it pretty hard through some whooped out rough road with big potholes at a moderate speed yesterday and it handled it great
Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I do notice that the rear end of my PB with 6112/5160's when unloaded is still a bit unsettled on small bumps like expansion joints on freeway over-passes and bridges. It is hugely improved on bigger bumps and holes though.

The stock fronts would bottom out with any amount of speed and anything bigger than a small to medium bump.. I drove it pretty hard through some whooped out rough road with big potholes at a moderate speed yesterday and it handled it great
Great to hear! There's only so much that can be improved without an independent rear suspension. Interestingly, the F-150 Lightning has an IRS, so maybe we'll see that on the rest of the F-150's someday. Hell, there are lot of people who never thought they'd see an IRS on a Mustang!

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
sorry for the noob question here...if i level the front, are new upper control arms necessary? if i stay stock i'm assuming they will wear out sooner?

also, is this kit worth it? front and rear for $1400 seems pretty good.

D40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
*22 Platinum, FX4, Max Tow w/ 2.5” of rake after a 2" RC (~39/~41.5).

Registered to say: +1 on the Lethal link; it was too good a deal to pass up at that price point.

I literally had the 6112/5160 combo in a cart on another tab at Shock Surplus when I happened upon that post; it costed less after taxes and shipping than what I would have paid at SS w/ taxes and shipping for the “installed” package.

*edit updated numbers

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
22 Platinum, FX4, Max Tow w/ 1.5” of rake after 2” RL (~39/~41.5).

Registered to say: +1 on the Lethal link; it was too good a deal to pass up at that price.

I literally had the 6112/5160 combo in a cart on another tab at Shock Surplus when I happened upon that post; it costed less after taxes and shipping than what I would have paid at SS w/ taxes and shipping for the “installed” package.
Did they state availability?

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
I just put a 6112/5160 kit in my shortbed powerboost with standard tow package (NOT maxtow).

I had the dealer set the struts to max height (2.5 in lift) and still have about 1.5 inches of rake. Also added 285/65r20 Maxxis ATs (34.7x11.6 in) on stock sport wheels, and once the wheel well liner was re-installed correctly, it has no rubbing.

IIRC the front now measures 39.5" to the wheel well, and the rear wheel well is 41" from the ground

nalr7rcdp6buwhuwcaw_cxucbqdnbioafoy1xwcm-w2400-jpg.jpg
Just to be clear, this is the non ford performance version correct?

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
That is correct.. if you look close you can see it behind the rear wheel
Ok great! I like the results you were able to get. I think with the ford performance version it should be a little better tuned, but I'd expect similar results on the lift.

Sponsored

RMG

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch FX4
sorry for the noob question here...if i level the front, are new upper control arms necessary? if i stay stock i'm assuming they will wear out sooner?

also, is this kit worth it? front and rear for $1400 seems pretty good.
new UCAs aren't "necessary" but they are recommended for a couple of reasons. First, the 6112 is a fatter tube than your stock struts, so new UCAs will provide more clearance around them. Second, new UCAs can improve the caster / camber when trying to get proper alignment post leveling.

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday, and to my door by Thursday. I'll get the kit installed this weekend :)
I can't wait to see how it looks on the PowerBoost and also your impressions.
Sponsored