STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Hey all,

I've had the Ford Performance leveling kit on backorder for far too long and came across the guys at Hotshot Off-Road today.

Long story short- these guys are awesome!

I'm very technical by nature, and these guys answered everything, plus more today (this never happens)

Anyway, see below for a comparison between the two leveling kit options.

(I switched mine from FP to the Bilstein option that they can preset to whatever setting you need; mine is set to 6/5 to cover the extra weight on one side of the Powerboost)

And add your pics if you've installed either option!

https://hotshotoffroad.com/blogs/ti...e-suspension-kit-for-21-f-150s-worth-the-wait
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Powerboosts ride lop-sided with a lean? That a first that I’ve heard of that. I think the old model tundra was the same way though

OP
OP
STL04

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Powerboosts ride lop-sided with a lean? That a first that I’ve heard of that. I think the old model tundra was the same way though
Same with me, but it makes sense now.

I had a head-scratcher leveling out the back with a set of the Road Master Active Suspension springs.

Magician

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ive had this set up on my EB for about a month now and the difference is night and day. Mine are set at 2” on both corners as I’ve not seen any lean on my truck.

OP
OP
STL04

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
I've had this set up on my EB for about a month now, and the difference is night and day. Mine are set at 2” on both corners, as I’ve not seen any lean on my truck.
Good info.

Do you know how much lift you gained on the 2-inch setting?

I'm considering putting Michelin ms/2 295/70/18 on the truck and am worried I'll be pushing it if I don't go to 2.5in.

Sponsored

Magician

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Not sure exactly since I didn’t measure before the coil overs were installed but my current ride height is exactly 40” at the fender lip. It had the spacer installed before that and that made the front to stiff IMO. I’m running one size down tires (285/70/18’s) with no scrub or rub at full turn either way.

Ford F-150 Ford Performance vs Bilstein 6112/5160 leveling kit IMG_0062

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Hey all,

I've had the Ford Performance leveling kit on backorder for far too long and came across the guys at Hotshot Off-Road today.

Long story short- these guys are awesome!

I'm very technical by nature, and these guys answered everything, plus more today (this never happens)

Anyway, see below for a comparison between the two leveling kit options.

(I switched mine from FP to the Bilstein option that they can preset to whatever setting you need; mine is set to 6/5 to cover the extra weight on one side of the Powerboost)

And add your pics if you've installed either option!

https://hotshotoffroad.com/blogs/ti...e-suspension-kit-for-21-f-150s-worth-the-wait
Thank you for the kind words Morgan! We're happy to help, and glad that the technical comparisons helped with your decision. That's why we did it was because we had questions ourselves!

Last edited:
OP
OP
STL04

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Not sure exactly since I didn’t measure before the coil overs were installed but my current ride height is exactly 40” at the fender lip. It had the spacer installed before that and that made the front to stiff IMO. I’m running one size down tires (285/70/18’s) with no scrub or rub at full turn either way.

IMG_0062.png
Dude, that looks f'n awesome.

I have the same color truck and ordered the grey Tremor rims.

I'll send you a pic when it's all done in a few weeks.

PaulO

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 PB

IMG_0062.png
Looks awesome. Is your 6112 leveled at 6/5? I’m worried if I level it at 6 that it will be more rough. Thanks.

Magician

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Looks awesome. Is your 6112 leveled at 6/5? I’m worried if I level it at 6 that it will be more rough. Thanks.
Mine are set at 2” lift. Not sure which clip that ends up being? I read somewhere each clip setting equals 1/4”. My truck has a slight rake with little to no squat towing 4600 boat. The ride with this set up is an improvement over the stockers over every surface I’ve encountered so far. The truck still gets unsettled when it goes over washboard type roads over 45mph and I’m not sure how much money it would take to change that. They will be stiff when first installed but so far they have settled nicely. The more I drive it the more I like this setup.
Sponsored