Ford Parts Counter

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 5.0 Space White
Occupation
Firefighter
Anyone have the torque specs on the shackles once you install them?

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Okay, let's take a look at this just a little bit closer, because this can be confusing...

Ford now offers lowering shackles for $215 retail each, totaling $430, plus shipping. MaxTrac has essentially the very same thing for $95.73 for the pair of shackles, and includes free shipping. Both the Ford product and MaxTrac product claim being made in the USA. $430.00+ vs. $95.73. I don't get it... What am I missing?

I know the easy, very quick answer is the old standby, "corporate greed", but I'm really trying not to go there. I'm going to try to maybe answer my own question here... I'm just throwing this out there, but there have been numerous articles in the financial pages reporting how disorganized Ford is, and a little more specifically, how Ford doesn't know what their costs actually are. The Lightning was cited as an example of costing issues that Ford was struggling to get their arms around. I personally know of examples where Ford's pricing makes no sense at all - such as the rear axle U-bolts used when lowering the rear of the truck by using the method of removing the leaf spring axle blocks (4x4). The shorter 2x4 bolts that are frequently used as a replacement when removing the blocks are 5 times more expensive than the longer 4x4 bolts (more material). Makes no sense at all... My speculation is that Ford's lowering shackles are just the latest example of this. But, as always, I could be wrong.
Ford Motorr Co does not manufacture their own lowering shackles. They have an outside contractor for that. I guess Ford has to pay for reboxing ,rebranding, and relocation from contractor to Fords facilities. I dont think that justifies the major price difference, but I'm just 1 opininion

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, 4x4, 3.5L, PB 7.2KW, Platinum
Okay, let's take a look at this just a little bit closer, because this can be confusing...

Ford now offers lowering shackles for $215 retail each, totaling $430, plus shipping. MaxTrac has essentially the very same thing for $95.73 for the pair of shackles, and includes free shipping. Both the Ford product and MaxTrac product claim being made in the USA. $430.00+ vs. $95.73. I don't get it... What am I missing?

Ford Motorr Co does not manufacture their own lowering shackles. They have an outside contractor for that. I guess Ford has to pay for reboxing ,rebranding, and relocation from contractor to Fords facilities. I dont think that justifies the major price difference, but I'm just 1 opininion
they are NOT $215 each !
The pricing is PER PAIR....and theres plenty of discounting available.

there are LOTS of things that ford does not manufacture.....these days car manufactures are CONSTRUCTORS (obtaining parts from many suppliers) more than they are manufactures! Even when they DESIGN something they often farm it out to a speciality supplier for manufacture.

For me, I went with the Ford parts ($165 for the pair, shipped)....it eliminates any question about warranty....and I like the grease-able bushings.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
All torque values are listed in the provided assembly instructions.
Thanks so much for that. I received no instructions with my kit. I'm assuming you did since you stated this?
I guess my next question would be, why would I be asking for the specs if I received them with the kit? Smdh.

Last edited:

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
Thanks so much for that. I received no instructions with my kit. I'm assuming you did since you stated this?
I guess my next question would be, why would I be asking for the specs if I received them with the kit? Smdh.
Good grief…

Sponsored

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Good grief…
Exactly. Would have been easier to just tell me the specs which is what a forum is for. You were a tremendous help.

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
All torque values are listed in the provided assembly instructions.
From blue oval industries:

Ford has not released an install guide for these yet, they must assume most people take them to the shop for installation. Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
From blue oval industries:

Ford has not released an install guide for these yet, they must assume most people take them to the shop for installation. Glad to hear it worked out for you!
Odd. The m-3000-ha kit had full install instructions with torque values for each bolt and nut. My apologies.

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Odd. The m-3000-ha kit had full install instructions with torque values for each bolt and nut. My apologies.
Gotcha, accepted. This thread was for the hb 21+ kit, so reason I asked. Blue oval did say 173lbs was the same as other kit.
Sponsored