Sponsored

Would you buy a truck that was a lemon and resold by Ford?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Anyone worried about resale value should be buying a Toyota Tacoma. The problem with that, is then you have to drive it!

Ford F-150 Would you buy a truck that was a lemon and resold by Ford? 73CA64C1-2DD7-491F-9400-EB3545E24067

Ford F-150 Would you buy a truck that was a lemon and resold by Ford? 0B2BA87A-BFA1-4FB6-890E-13D95144F27C
Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Their review points had nothing to do with the PB itself, it was other common F150 parts they complained about, but listed it as PB specific because their test vehicle was a PB. None of the HV / hybrid components were an issue. Try reading articles, not just headlines -- context is everything.
You may be referring to the Road Test instead of CR's Reliability reports.

CR's reliability report definitely highlights the problems with PB specific items and illustrates where the PB does worse than the non-PB.

These are the 'trouble spots' CR found with the PB.

Transmission, Major Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, premature clutch replacement.

Transmission, Minor
Gear selector or linkage, coolers and lines, rough shifting, slipping transmission, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment.

Drive System Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC).

EV Battery Hybrid/electric battery replacement, hybrid/electric battery malfunction, hybrid/electric battery cooling problems.

Build Quality is a composite of electrical accessories, body hardware, paint/trim, and noises/leaks.

Besides the PB being CR's "least reliable vehicle in America", it also understandably made their "Used Cars to Avoid" list.

The PB F-150 is the only full size truck to earn CR's lowest reliability ranking, Much Worse Than Average.

Owner Satisfaction of the PB F-150 tied for last place with the Nissan Titan with Below Average satisfaction. All other Full Size trucks had Average or Above Average customer satisfaction.

On average, PB owners have lower owner satisfaction than the non PB F-150 owners.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
You may be referring to the Road Test instead of CR's Reliability reports.

CR's reliability report definitely highlights the problems with PB specific items and illustrates where the PB does worse than the non-PB.

These are the 'trouble spots' CR found with the PB.

Transmission, Major Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, premature clutch replacement.

Transmission, Minor Gear selector or linkage, coolers and lines, rough shifting, slipping transmission, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment.

Drive System Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC).

EV Battery Hybrid/electric battery replacement, hybrid/electric battery malfunction, hybrid/electric battery cooling problems.

Build Quality is a composite of electrical accessories, body hardware, paint/trim, and noises/leaks.

Besides the PB being CR's "least reliable vehicle in America", it also understandably made their "Used Cars to Avoid" list.

The PB F-150 is the only full size truck to earn CR's lowest reliability ranking, Much Worse Than Average.

Owner Satisfaction of the PB F-150 tied for last place with the Nissan Titan with Below Average satisfaction. All other Full Size trucks had Average or Above Average customer satisfaction.

On average, PB owners have lower owner satisfaction than the non PB F-150 owners.
Most of that is the F150 itself. We've seen 2 battery replacements on the forum and based on forum reports vs ford's recalls, we see roughly 1 forum post per 100 instances. There's 250-300k PBs on the road. 1/10th of 1 percent (or less) is some damn fine odds. The wiper recall for instance was extrapolated to 5% of all F150s. There was also the SSN error that was patched out that was without a doubt the single largest issue with the PBs, and had the dealers replacing all sorts of things that weren't the issue as it was software.

The biggest risk I see is that the combined functionality of the ICE and e-motor is enough to overpower the rated torque of the transmission.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I once lost my vision for four days after reading consumer reports. I'd recommend avoiding them and anything with lemons.

OP: to answer your question.............. RUUUUUUUN!!!!

Ford F-150 Would you buy a truck that was a lemon and resold by Ford? O9AP03

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I once lost my vision for four days after reading consumer reports. I'd recommend avoiding them and anything with lemons.

OP: to answer your question.............. RUUUUUUUN!!!!

O9AP03.gif
Ford F-150 Would you buy a truck that was a lemon and resold by Ford? 1000-terminator

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Imagine the number/percentage of Powerboost owners that have never even considered ever joining a forum to vent, report an issue, or ask for advice.

I suspect there's a reason for the vast majority not doing so.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Heard back on the two trucks.

First truck would not communicate with APIM. Replaced computer and software.

The other one had rear axle issues and a transfer case which was replaced.
First truck would be dead to me second truck sounds like it could be a winner. Did they replace the rear axle assembly OR do they have a clear idea of what was up and how they fixed it?

OP
OP

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I'm not sure. I moved on.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I'm not sure. I moved on.
Absolutely don't buy a Powerboost with electrical issues. I'm not even sure that I would buy a used Powerboost without seeing the Ford maintenance history. Some of those trucks have a demon married to a gremlin living inside of them. I love my Powerboost, but a lemon PB with any sort of electrical issues is likely scrap value.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
I'd have to know what the lemon part of it was. A lot of people's ideas of what is wrong with something differ from my opinion.

Lots of ummm lets just say non standard intelligent people out there (entitled idiots) who operate under the squeaky wheel gets the grease practice and have an aggressive ambulance chaser.
Obviously a statement coming from someone without major issues. A lot of people with the lemon law issue have had issues exceeding 2-3 months cumulative, many cases no loaner and no expected date their vehicle might be back. “Entitled idiot” can include those unaware of details surrounding another persons issues and headaches.
I’m sure you’d be fine waiting without your vehicle, with no answers, with no idea when you’ll get it back.
Entitled? From someone who’s had their vehicle out of use for 4.5 cumulative months, I and a lot of others appreciate your ummm non standard intelligence.

Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Nope. Don't want someone else's headache.