Sponsored

3/24 production truck. Would you buy it today?

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
I've been waiting on a 302A Chrome Powerboost that was built on 8/5 but is currently on microchip hold. I've found a 302A Sport Powerboost inbound to a local dealer which is close enough in spec to mine that I'd likely buy it if the dealer will take X-Plan. But the truck has a production date of 3/24, so it has probably been sitting in a lot somewhere for several months.

My current order could well end up in the same situation. So not sure if I should jump on the new one if everything aligns. What do you think?
Sponsored

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I would be open to the idea of buying, BUT I would need my own mechanic to take a look over it. Plus you got to do the whole gamut (test drive, look under the vehicle for rust), possibly use the inspection sheet on here.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
See if they will allow you to reserve it with the option to back out. Once it shows up, inspect it like your life depends on it and take it for a spin. There is a thread on here with a list of what to do and look for during the inspection. If there are any red flags, let someone else deal with them!

OP
OP
someday

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would be open to the idea of buying, BUT I would need my own mechanic to take a look over it. Plus you got to do the whole gamut (test drive, look under the vehicle for rust), possibly use the inspection sheet on here.
See if they will allow you to reserve it with the option to back out. Once it shows up, inspect it like your life depends on it and take it for a spin. There is a thread on here with a list of what to do and look for during the inspection. If there are any red flags, let someone else deal with them!
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't able to find the thread with the list, so it would be great if someone could link to it for future reference.

Dealer just got back to me and they won't honor X-Plan on the truck, so I'll continue to wait for the one I ordered.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
In some cases, the trucks that were sitting on microchip hold looked better from a rust standpoint than those produced earlier in the year and shipped immediately. I think your bigger issue will be getting a new deal with X-plan, though if you had an existing deal with it they may work with you.

OP
OP
someday

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In some cases, the trucks that were sitting on microchip hold looked better from a rust standpoint than those produced earlier in the year and shipped immediately. I think your bigger issue will be getting a new deal with X-plan, though if you had an existing deal with it they may work with you.
Yeah, don't think I'm going to find anyone to take X-Plan on a new deal. When I ordered the truck I'm waiting for in June I was VERY clear to them that I had X-Plan and they didn't say no. They wouldn't take a deposit though, so we'll see what happens when the truck comes in.

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
Yeah, don't think I'm going to find anyone to take X-Plan on a new deal. When I ordered the truck I'm waiting for in June I was VERY clear to them that I had X-Plan and they didn't say no. They wouldn't take a deposit though, so we'll see what happens when the truck comes in.
I live in Scottsdale, AZ and called every dealer in the state to see if they’d honor X plan on an F150 on their lot. Every dealer said “no, but we will order one for you with X plan”. So I ordered a lariat FX4 with 3.5 EB. As the Aug-Sept manufacturing shutdowns carried on I continued to call dealers within 200-300 miles when I found something similar online and always “no”. On Labor Day I called a dealer an hour north of me about a lariat FX4 powerboost, they agreed to X plan plus the $2700 rebates so I drove there and bought it immediately. I guess they had two nearly identical trucks and wanted to move one of them and I was the lucky guy. The one I bought had more options than the one I ordered, different color, etc but I couldn’t be happier!

Ford F-150 3/24 production truck. Would you buy it today? 8A6AC947-106C-4E9F-9FAA-9433DF2B2A8B
Sponsored