Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
19k is a lot of miles to ignore to skip getting the brand new truck. I don't know how those 19k miles were driven. I would go with the 302A truck.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
Lariat,

Ford co-pilot assist 2.0. Check to make sure it is adaptive cruise for that year.

Leather seats and a 12" screen.

Just a thought but is it 19,000 miles or km? You said it was Canadian but it probably converts to miles when you change the dash. I don't know.

I have bought 2 of what the dealer calls a program vehicle with similar miles ( usually they come from an auction) never had a problem with either and you said extended warranty so not a problem.

OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
Lariat,

Ford co-pilot assist 2.0. Check to make sure it is adaptive cruise for that year.

Leather seats and a 12" screen.

Just a thought but is it 19,000 miles or km? You said it was Canadian but it probably converts to miles when you change the dash. I don't know.

I have bought 2 of what the dealer calls a program vehicle with similar miles ( usually they come from an auction) never had a problem with either and you said extended warranty so not a problem.
thanks for your input. I’m not sure what the status of ownership was, just says Ontario transportation registrations. It seems like there’s a few around 15-25k miles popping up. Maybe ford corporate leases in Canada?
How can I tell it is adaptive cruise for the year?

Im sure the dealer can see when maintence was done in their systems that don’t show up in carfax if done at a ford dealer in Canada. If I can see regular oil changes I’d be definitely leaning towards lariat.

do I need cooled seats? Do I need heated steering wheel? Do I need etc, no but they would be nice to have at times. Will
I have more peace of mind in a new XLT, yes.
Either way I plan to keep either truck 8-10 years and 150k+ miles. I would be getting a 8year 125k extracare warranty for both.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I didn't see htd steering wheel on the sticker. Might want to check on that too.

The adaptive cruise easiest way is to look at the steering wheel, there will be an extra button for setting the distance to car in front of you.
Left side of wheel top right hand button. But this is an xlt so maybe lariat is different placement. Ignore the messy garage please.

Ford F-150 Would you rather? IMG_20220209_155849289

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
For me I’d take the new XLT over the used Lariat. The Lariat doesn’t offer me anything above the XLT that I care about.
im kinda in this camp. And then not even a dolled up 302a.

I have a 21 301a ( ordered very early in the game) and even it has some things I’m just not interested in.
Only moved up to 301 for the leather steering wheel, power driver seat and 8” instrument display. Had no desire whatsoever for the 12“ center stack.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
thanks for your input. I’m not sure what the status of ownership was, just says Ontario transportation registrations. It seems like there’s a few around 15-25k miles popping up. Maybe ford corporate leases in Canada?
How can I tell it is adaptive cruise for the year?

Im sure the dealer can see when maintence was done in their systems that don’t show up in carfax if done at a ford dealer in Canada. If I can see regular oil changes I’d be definitely leaning towards lariat.

do I need cooled seats? Do I need heated steering wheel? Do I need etc, no but they would be nice to have at times. Will
I have more peace of mind in a new XLT, yes.
Either way I plan to keep either truck 8-10 years and 150k+ miles. I would be getting a 8year 125k extracare warranty for both.
I don't think the lariat has cooled seats either just heated.

OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't see htd steering wheel on the sticker. Might want to check on that too.

The adaptive cruise easiest way is to look at the steering wheel, there will be an extra button for setting the distance to car in front of you.
Left side of wheel top right hand button. But this is an xlt so maybe lariat is different placement. Ignore the messy garage please.

IMG_20220209_155849289.jpg
Thanks! I just checked the pictures online and it DOES have that button on the steering wheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think the lariat has cooled seats either just heated.
Lariat does have heated / cooled in front, heated only in rear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
im kinda in this camp. And then not even a dolled up 302a.

I have a 21 301a ( ordered very early in the game) and even it has some things I’m just not interested in.
Only moved up to 301 for the leather steering wheel, power driver seat and 8” instrument display. Had no desire whatsoever for the 12“ center stack.
You’re a better man than me, I couldn’t live without heated seats at minimum. I work too hard to have a cold butt in chicago winters lolz

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
You’re a better man than me, I couldn’t live without heated seats at minimum. I work too hard to have a cold butt in chicago winters lolz
Grew up in the mountains of Idaho—I get the cold thing—that’s why I’m way south now.

Also, 40+ years of pretty base pickups has kept me humble.
Hell, this 21 is my first pickup with an automatic and power windows.
A/C, tilt & cruise, and I’m pretty happy.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
After seeing the window stickers I am firmly in the Lariat camp. Adaptive cruise is non-negotiable. 19,000 miles is nothing to worry about. That is the least options I think I've ever seen on a 302A, and I looked at dozens of them.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
19000 miles on a '21 isn't exactly slightly used! Why take on someone elses headache when you can make a small sacrifice on options and have the piece of mind you're driving a new truck with a FREE 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year powertrain. Screw Carfax their only in it for the money.
Depending on when the previous owner took delivery, that could be almost 2 years of driving, which isn't much at all. I'm at ~18k mi on my '21 and I've had it just under a year and a half. I do agree that when buying used, you have no idea how hard it was driven for those miles. That is why you test drive it and give it an inspection in person, maybe pay for a PPI at an independent 3rd party, and get as much info as you can before buying a used vehicle.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
The 21 Lariat is nicely equipped. The 22 XLT depending on job 1 or job 2 might have fewer gremlins to deal with.
Just my $0.02 worth.
I didn’t look at the window stickers. I do know some 21 models are prone to more issues than later 22 models. Ur choice is difficult, if the drive lines are equal and both will meet ur working demands. You’ll Like either.
Sponsored

Last edited: