Sponsored

How Would You Feel if Ford Pulled a Dodge and Produced Last Model Along Current Mod?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
You really should go drive the two of them. Maverick and ranger aren't even in the same ball park. With the ranger and F150 both growing in capabilities, the ranger starts to look like a bit of a bastard child. The maverick is a front wheel drive monocoque SUV with a bed in place of the rear hatch area. That said however I'd bet the maverick meets the needs of most of the 'small truck' buyer requirements.

The creep between 'trucks' has been such that the industry keeps trying to push higher models with steeper price tags. Take for instance payload. There's no reasonable excuse for not having the ranger and F150 even in the highest trims to not be able to option a 3klb payload (with max GVWR < 8500lbs). They instead want you to shell out another $15-20k for a 250 that's larger and doesn't make sense.
my parents have a hybrid maverick, its perfect for them.
although i have had to drive it for extended times and was beat to death and was very uncomfy . the seats are not cooled or MC and lack of leg room
NOISE it horrid on asphalt here. but again its perfect for my older parents. gets great mpg, they cram stuff in the back seat and his walker in the bed.

my friend has a ranger 2wd , i liked driving it long distances and now that they are making it more comfy, its a real option for us. his seats got trying on the back after about 8 hrs

ford could bring back the OBS imo with today's creature comforts :love: 🤗
and make the grill come up like the ram to provide built in bug and rock protection for the hood.

Ford F-150 How Would You Feel if Ford Pulled a Dodge and Produced Last Model Along Current Mod? P3220001.JPG
Sponsored

John861

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The Ranger is already behind the Tacoma Colorado/Canyon and the new Frontier in terms of sales volume (obviously the Ranger is an outgoing model), but the Maverick already outperforms the Ranger in sales volume (again, many factors at play here). There’s demand for something that is small but capable, which if it had a full frame I think the Maverick would have made a good Ranger since it’s more inline with the size they used to be
You need to be careful with sales data. The Ranger is built in the same plant as the Bronco (full-size, not Sport). With only so much production capacity, Ford must decide which vehicle to prioritize. Ever since the Bronco launch, it looks like it gets priority. I'm not saying Ranger would overtake Tacoma or anything if it had the plant to itself, but it would certainly be better than what we have now.

Similarly, Maverick fights for production capacity with Bronco Sport. Kinda strange to pair up high demand vehicles in the same plant like that.

-John