• Total voters

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
I have two options on purchasing a 2021+ F-150. So this is a poll on what YOU would choose if you were in my position. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Both options will be the same price (I get A plan pricing for a new truck), about $49k

Both are crew cab short bed sport package 2.7 trucks.

option #1: NEW 2022 XLT 302a sport package, bed lights.

option #2: USED Canada transfer 2021 Lariat 502a sport package with 19k miles. Clean carfax. This dealer sells tons of Canada transfers.

Do I pay the same for a slightly used lariat from Canada or new XLT. Any issues with the Canada transfers?
Sponsored

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Depends on what you value … do you want more options and less warranty or less options and more warranty?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
As much complaining as I see on here about rusty differentials, all of the Canadian trucks I have seen have frame and suspension rust. I don’t care about a rusty differential but I walked from several Canadian trucks due to frame and suspension rust. Take a good look underneath before committing to a Canadian truck

OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends on what you value … do you want more options and less warranty or less options and more warranty?
Either way I would purchase a ford esp warranty, I guess that would maybe negate the warranty issue?

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Over the NINE MONTHS I was waiting for my truck to get built, I stopped by several Ford dealerships to check out their stock for rust and found 50/50

I was determined at that point to “pass” on delivery if they delivered a rusted truck. Tens of thousands of dollars for a RUSTED TRUCK?!no thanks!

If 50% of their trucks had NO RUST… WHY should I accept any rust at all on my new F150?

You’ll “fix” the rust?

lol

I’ll “fix” the price accordingly! (NOT going to happen)

Until people STOP accepting delivery of rusted trucks, Ford will keep shipping rusted trucks.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The Lariat will get you the best exterior lighting Ford offers. Being a '21, it's before any features were removed as well. You may also have BlueCruise available with the Lariat. Depending on what the used truck looked like, I'd probably go with that.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Over the NINE MONTHS I was waiting for my truck to get built, I stopped by several Ford dealerships to check out their stock for rust and found 50/50

I was determined at that point to “pass” on delivery if they delivered a rusted truck. Tens of thousands of dollars for a RUSTED TRUCK?!no thanks!

If 50% of their trucks had NO RUST… WHY should I accept any rust at all on my new F150?

You’ll “fix” the rust?

lol

I’ll “fix” the price accordingly! (NOT going to happen)

Until people STOP accepting delivery of rusted trucks, Ford will keep shipping rusted trucks.
Where was the rust? On the frame? Skid plates? Suspension? Differential?

differential rust really doesn’t matter. Anywhere else though, and that would be cause for concern. Actual concern, not just aesthetic like it is on a differential

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't care and I wish threads didn't start with click bait and actually describe the reason for the thread. I wouldn't have bothered.

Just being a grumpy old man. And, stay off my lawn, too. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't care and I wish threads didn't start with click bate and actually describe the reason for the thread. I wouldn't have bothered.

Just being a grumpy old man. And, stay off my lawn, too. ;)
Just vote old man

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I voted 302A because IMO it has the best seats in the whole lineup. 10-way adjustable heated cloth. Unless you like leather, then go with the Lariat.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
OP
OP
Mach725

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I voted 302A because IMO it has the best seats in the whole lineup. 10-way adjustable heated cloth. Unless you like leather, then go with the Lariat.
I do like leather but don’t mind cloth. The sell on the leather is the cooled seats. I’m in chicago. It gets really cold and there are times when it’s 100 plus in the summers

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do like leather but don’t mind cloth. The sell on the leather is the cooled seats. I’m in chicago. It gets really cold and there are times when it’s 100 plus in the summers
I understand. If I could add two 502A items to my 2021 302A, it would be 4A and the awesome projector headlights. If you like those too, I'd lean in favor of the Lariat then.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
its hard to make up someone elses mind. i voted for the Lariat ONLY b/c ive had 302A XLT's (2020 model and a 2017) both times i wished i had the better headlights, the cooled seats and 4A. i wasnt able to afford what i wanted in 2020 and settled on another 302A.

I made sure this time around i got the cooled seats, fancy headlights and 4A

302A's are supposedly the F150 sweet spot especially the 14 Gen b/c you can get the big screened radio, the half digital dash, the B&O...you can get a 302A fairly loaded.

sorry, been up for a long time already today stuck at work. i still voted lariat haha
Sponsored