Sponsored

Wild Speculation: Chipping/Tuning the Powerboost Hybrid Engine.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
I knew in advance that much of the drivetrain in my 2007 Jeep WK 3L turbo diesel was equal or identical to the same year Jeep WK Hemi 6L SRT. So, I was not concerned about blowing things up when I tuned up from 350 ft/lbs to ~ 440 ft/lbs. Also, I had no warranty on it when it was tuned (111,000 miles on it now and still going strong). Add to that the fact that the mods I installed were not illegal at the time (they are now, however :-[ )

I think for my new Powerboost, which is already the most powerful vehicle I've ever owned, I'll pass on tuning/chipping/modding.

Yes, I've become old and boring...
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I knew in advance that much of the drivetrain in my 2007 Jeep WK 3L turbo diesel was equal or identical to the same year Jeep WK Hemi 6L SRT. So, I was not concerned about blowing things up when I tuned up from 350 ft/lbs to ~ 440 ft/lbs. Also, I had no warranty on it when it was tuned (111,000 miles on it now and still going strong). Add to that the fact that the mods I installed were not illegal at the time (they are now, however :-[ )

I think for my new Powerboost, which is already the most powerful vehicle I've ever owned, I'll pass on tuning/chipping/modding.

Yes, I've become old and boring...
I tuned my 2019 Ranger and it's the reason I have my PowerBoost. It blew up. So now I have two truck payments AND I get to pay to put a new motor in the Ranger.

I bought the 140,000 mile warranty with my PowerBoost. I'm not jeopardizing it in any way.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
I tuned my 2019 Ranger and it's the reason I have my PowerBoost. It blew up. So now I have two truck payments AND I get to pay to put a new motor in the Ranger.

I bought the 140,000 mile warranty with my PowerBoost. I'm not jeopardizing it in any way.
I can certainly understand that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
2021-22 FORD F-150 3.5 POWERBOOST TUNER
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS
$799.99
#LPP631171
ITEM NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA

DESCRIPTION
**We are taking orders for these tuner however they are on back order at this time so please allow for extended shipping times**

Tuning for your 2021-22 Ford F150 3.5L Powerboost with our MyCalibrator tuner is now available!
Features:
Increased HP and TQ gains!!!
Custom tuning via Livernois Motorsports (Device stores stock + Custom Tunes)
Multiple stages for increased horsepower & torque
Dyno proven air/fuel adjustments
Enhanced throttle response
Revised stop/start programming
Ability to disable cylinder deactivation (Please advise when submitting request form)
Ability to disable skip-gear function to allow for sequential shifting
Available for multiple fuel octane levels
Tow specific tunes available
Removed top speed limiter
Read/Clear (DTC) Codes
Includes necessary programming adapter
Computer & Tuning

Livernois Motorsports is truly unique in our approach as we continue to expand the world of tuning possibilities with the MyCalibrator Tuner. As the only custom-tuning company to develop its hardware, software and calibrations 100% in-house, Livernois provides a myriad of unique solutions. A few examples include tunes focused on performance, towing, and efficiency, as well as exclusive offerings such as flex fuel and data-logged based tuning solutions. Plus, many offerings are 50-state legal. All of this helps to establish Livernois as a leader in the industry with many first-to-market offerings, as well as world-record-breaking performance packed into one, easy-to-use device.

About Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering has become best-known for revolutionary tuning and high-end performance products for late model Ford, Mopar and GM vehicles. The company is proud of its deep roots in the automotive and motorsports industry dating back to its original founding in 1949. Since then the company has expanded its product line to include tuning and performance components for desert racing, SCCA and drag racing. Livernois Motorsports is proud to engineer, test and manufacture its products in the USA.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631171/2021-2022-ford-f-150-3-5-powerboost-tuner

Last edited:
OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
I knew if we were PATIENT we would be WELL REWARDED.!!

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
It's a good start - damn good start!
Agreed
and he seemed mighty confident that there was much more to come yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Their intercooler option looked good to. At least a way to stop heat soak.
Ya, when the time comes for me to TUNE my new truck, I think it would make great sense to cover all bases.

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7 EB, 2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Machinist
Has anyone put this tune in their powerboost? If so, how do you like it?? MPG?

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Has anyone put this tune in their powerboost? If so, how do you like it?? MPG?
I am still running up the odometer before I take the chance on VOIDING my warrenty.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I’m debating doing the jb4 piggyback system since it isn’t a flash and each drive mode can have a different map set. So normal vs tow vs eco can have their own settings then have sport be a higher map setting. I’m also covered bumper to bumper until 140k and then lifetime powertrain after that. So I’m in no big rush to mod.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
At first I was really wanting to look into a tune like I had on the 20 Ranger. The tune for that one really made that truck come alive. I looked at those JB4 units, but just don't like how they operate by feeding false data to the ECM to improve power.

The PB is such a torque monster that honestly I don't feel like it needs any more power. Now if the other tuners our there crack the encryption and Torie at Unleashed is able to get a tune out I'll almost certainly get a mild 87 octane daily tune setup from him. It's well worth the money to get his tune for the much improved transmission behavior alone.
Sponsored