Sponsored

F150 Powerboost(Hybrid) Constant clicking under the hood

B2045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Powerboost
When I start my truck and only the electric engine is engaged, I hear a constant clicking sound coming from under the hood. A couple days ago, I found a post that described the issue perfectly, but I can't seem to find it again. I believe they said their issue was related to the "transmission for the electric engine", but don't quote me on that...

When I turn the truck off and get out, I can hear the clicking still and it slows until it completely stops 15-20 seconds later.

Anyone else familiar with this issue or able to point me to another post that addresses this?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good afternoon!
When I start my truck and only the electric engine is engaged, I hear a constant clicking sound coming from under the hood. A couple days ago, I found a post that described the issue perfectly, but I can't seem to find it again. I believe they said their issue was related to the "transmission for the electric engine", but don't quote me on that...

When I turn the truck off and get out, I can hear the clicking still and it slows until it completely stops 15-20 seconds later.

Anyone else familiar with this issue or able to point me to another post that addresses this?
Good afternoon! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can assist with your F150 clicking noise concern.

OP
OP

B2045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, here we go again. My last Ford truck (2021 F350) was deemed to be a lemon and it looks like I'm headed down that same path again.
Took this truck (2022 F150) in to have it serviced for the clicking sound it was making on Oct 3rd and was told it would be "2-3 weeks" before it could be looked at. No loaner vehicles available and no way to get on a waiting list. Nope, just got to live for weeks without a vehicle.
Got a call on Oct 14th that they "couldn't replicate the issue" so the truck was ready to pick-up.
Fast forward a few weeks, clicking sound is back. AND, got a service engine light on this morning. The FordPass app tells me that there's a powertrain malfunction resulting in reduced power. The truck sounds absolutely awful, like it's straining under a heavy load even though it isn't.
Tried to use the FordPass app to schedule a service pick-up(like the one that Ford keeps advertising on TV), but the app just tells me to call the dealership. Called the dealership, shocker, but they're "not staffed to do the service pick-up or dropoff". And, now it'll be "3 weeks" before it can be looked at.
I think this just about does it for me with Ford. What a nightmare.
I'll continue to log my issues here for all to see.

OP
OP

B2045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just rec'd a call from the dealer. Again, they're unable to replicate the clicking sound and weren't able to pull any codes showing where I would have seen the check engine light come on. How is that even possible? They're going to "check again"...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just rec'd a call from the dealer. Again, they're unable to replicate the clicking sound and weren't able to pull any codes showing where I would have seen the check engine light come on. How is that even possible? They're going to "check again"...
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored