Engine braking with the PowerBoost

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
One thing that might be possible to isolate what is making a disturbing noise is to start the truck and turn everything off.
See how quiet it can be with ICE-off, in Park, no HVAC (no electric fans or compressor), no brakes (no electric vacuum pump).......

I also have the pedestrian alert disabled. So if I haven't left Park yet, perhaps the only sound the truck might be making is the electric auxiliary transmission pump. But I don't remember if that has even engaged if I haven't shifted from Park yet.

Anyways, this is as quiet as the truck can be. It's dead quiet and hardly anyone would believe "it's running". :)
Open the hood, walk around, stick your head under and around and get familiar with the sound, or lack thereof.

Now introduce just one source of new noise. (helps to have a second person) Push the brake pedal. Now you can familiarize yourself with just the noise/sound of that system. And again, see if you can get close to it and get used to what's "normal", on your truck.

The loudest is going to be HVAC, unless you have a particularly ornery auxiliary transmission pump. I've heard that thing can make some crazy songs if things aren't working as designed.

I'm not surprised at 80,000 miles that your Powerboost might seem noisier than when it was new. But I'm automatically curious which source of sound is the culprit. Theoretically you could methodically narrow it down?
Sponsored

Last edited: