F150 Powerboost Hybrid vs Maverick Hybrid

OP
OP

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
One of the things that I really like about my F150 is how incredibly quiet it is. The Maverick is not as quiet, but it is relatively close, at a shockingly lower price point.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i will ADD something that is UBER important imo (y) (y) (y) (y)
for my 80 year old parents driving

ADAPTIVE cruise with stop and go and the lane centering
this IMO is a GOD send of protection for them and us on the road
i am surprised add cruise with stop and go and is not standard on every ford built
lane centering follows a second.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Love the Maverick Hybrid.
Such a good value equation in a time where there's very few such propositions.

If my daughters would even WASH their cars once in a while, I would surprise them each with one.
If my PB should get totaled for whatever reason, I would seriously consider selling my travel trailer and get a Class B camper van and a Maverick. I'd use the Maverick as my personal "grocery getter".

The Maverick would not be used by me for any camping.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
If my PB should get totaled for whatever reason, I would seriously consider selling my travel trailer and get a Class B camper van and a Maverick. I'd use the Maverick as my personal "grocery getter".

The Maverick would not be used by me for any camping.
Not just replace the PB with a new PB? Presumably insurance would cover the majority of that cost. Replacing the TT with a Class B seems like a significant net investment, even if you would get a "savings" by using the insurance money to purchase a much less costly truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm guessing that decision has as much to do with camping strategy changes as it does with the Powerboost itself.
Since he purchased his Powerboost almost strictly for pulling his TT, if he were to move to a Class B the Powerboost would just become an F150, so to speak?

I'm boldly speaking for him just to see how wrong I might be. :)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I'm guessing that decision has as much to do with camping strategy changes as it does with the Powerboost itself.
Since he purchased his Powerboost almost strictly for pulling his TT, if he were to move to a Class B the Powerboost would just become an F150, so to speak?

I'm boldly speaking for him just to see how wrong I might be. :)
You are not wrong.

At some point I'm not going to want to keep pulling a trailer down the road. Even with my "short" trailer (24.5'), I'm 45' feet long going down the highway. The Class B would only be 22' long. The biggest drawback to a B is the rather limited gray and black tanks. So who knows.

I do very much like my PB and hope it stays relatively trouble free and in one piece. Even though it's sort of a bear in parking lots, I still like how high I sit. Great view of the road.
Sponsored