First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Just unbolt the old and bolt in the new without special tools? Nothing to compress the new shock into place? I’ve never done shocks before. Thanks.
Yes. Super easy. 15mm and 18mm deep sockets. When you get the new shocks, don’t remove the compression bands. Remove 1 shock. Put new one on. Then cut the strap. 15 minutes per side. (I just installed Fox 2.0 on mine)
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Today I put in a stubby antenna from Antenna Masts R Us (https://a.co/d/gFOtDic). It's supposed to still have good reception, but time will tell. I don't like the whip antenna but the stations I listen to are in the "big cities".

Quick test and I got my fav station in (104.1 FM WTKS out of Orlando), but I'll have to drive around over the next few weeks and see how it holds up.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ PXL_20220829_220316235

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Yes. Super easy. 15mm and 18mm deep sockets. When you get the new shocks, don’t remove the compression bands. Remove 1 shock. Put new one on. Then cut the strap. 15 minutes per side. (I just installed Fox 2.0 on mine)
Yep, just like he said. I used the 15mm on the bolt head with an impact gun and an 18mm wrench on the nut but you can use whatever works for you.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Tonight, installing the JB4 Tuner with Bluetooth dongle.
Tomorrow I will be installing the Mishimoto Black Intercooler and a Turbo Smart BOV
Sometime soon I will aslo be installing the Mishimoto Black Hot and Cold Charge pipes for the intercooler.

Sponsored

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Yesterday, I installed Red Tiger F7N Plus front and rear dashcams. Hid the wiring under the trim.

A while ago, added wheel well liners and had a Leer cap installed.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1661822507283

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1661822545666

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Just unbolt the old and bolt in the new without special tools? Nothing to compress the new shock into place? I’ve never done shocks before. Thanks.

I have never done them either, kind'a triggered to do that (not sure why, haven't seen a definitive yay or nay if it helps at all; I drive FX4 if it means anything), but I watched a couple of videos and it seems very simple.
What I took from it - do not release the top first, otherwise it will expand into your liner and it will be a PITA to release. Release the bolts' nuts top and bottom but leave the bolts in, then take the bottom bolt out, it will expand down, then take the top bolt out.
As others said - don't cut the band, it will keep it in perfect size to install. You don't even need to lift the truck and/or remove the wheel.

Last edited:

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
@FrankThompson - thanks for this picture :)

I've seen it in other pictures, glad to see mine is not the only one, but am I the only person with OCD about this corner trim that keeps popping out, only on the passenger's side, even though I keep pushing it back in every time I see it?

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1661823805732

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Tonight, installing the JB4 Tuner with Bluetooth dongle.
Tomorrow I will be installing the Mishimoto Black Intercooler and a Turbo Smart BOV
Sometime soon I will aslo be installing the Mishimoto Black Hot and Cold Charge pipes for the intercooler.
Any noticeable difference with the mishimoto pipes alone?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect

I've seen it in other pictures, glad to see mine is not the only one, but am I the only person with OCD about this corner trim that keeps popping out, only on the passenger's side, even though I keep pushing it back in every time I see it?

1661823805732.png
It's my picture and I never noticed it before though I've read about it on here at one point.

I'm just going to forget you mentioned it and pretend it's just fine

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ dumb-dumber

Sponsored

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD

1661823805732.png
Same with mine.

Reactions: sbi

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.

1661823805732.png
Literally thought about posing the same question when I saw this post/pic. I have the exact same problem and it drives me nuts

Reactions: sbi

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Literally thought about posing the same question when I saw this post/pic. I have the exact same problem and it drives me nuts
Just wanted to say you have amazing taste in trucks ;) (we both appear to own the same exact Configuration. Rapid Red Lariat Sport Powerboost ..LOL)

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
not going to quote the other 5 people but man, i thought i was the only one as well. it bothers the crap out of me when i see it. i guess its "normal"
Sponsored