Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Swapped Lariat chrome LED for Raptor black LED.

I was thinking I wouldn't need Forscan because everything worked with one of each but as soon as both Raptor lights plugged in I lost turn signals with brakes applied.

For those searching in future...
Forscan has two lines to change in BCM for both the left and right rear lamp.
Total of four lines to change.
Rear turn lamp and rear brake lamp.
Set both to turn & brake.
Just search "lamp" in easy mode and it will show up. :)

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20230716_121047-COLLAGE
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I've always been a fan of debadging, so I decided to remove the STX decals from the side, and then gave the truck a polish

20230716_115319.jpg
Did that two weeks into buying my new to me truck. Couple years of sun but can't see where the decals were located. 😎

I'll get the Ecoboost off the tailgate when I get around to it. Hated the door badges on my 2011 they were quickly removed. Any chrome has got to go. 🀣

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Last week was home after a week on the road:
1) Built Right seat-back MOLLE racks. Surprisingly easy to install, and protect the seats.
2) Built Right dash mounting bracket
3) Hellwig antisway bar (I woke up the next day after that install and EVERYTHING hurt....sucks getting old but better than the alternative)
4) Fumoto valve

Oddly, the Fumoto oil valve was the toughest because it is EXACTLY behind the front sway bar. I wound up buying wrench ends for a socket wrench, and one of the metric sizes allowed me to get in there and tighten it the last 1/8 turn. I STRONGLY recommend it for anyone with a skid plate as my truck no longer rains used oil on me/my driveway during oil changes.

Next break I'm gonna install my Diode Dynamics headlights and if Greygoose has the Raptor harness in, try to get the pods flush mounted on my Fab Fours Black Steel bumpers. Plan is to tape off and angle grind holes and then flush mount the 3" pods to flat surface and then have the Raptor panel switch them. I should have side facing front and rear pods and rear facing rear pods. Finally, I'll wire the 2 low amp outputs from the panel to my winch controls.

I have my heated steering wheel, but I want to use the touchscreen. My odd problem is that I cannot find the climate control page on the touchscreen, and can't figure out how to add it. I realize that I'll have to add the heated wheel control to that page via Forscan, but right now I can't even add the page to the list of available pages. Any thoughts?

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Got the truck dirty today by traveling eight miles of logging roads that our trusted factory nav showed as route. We traveled up to MI (UP).
20230716_200720.jpg
It wanted you to test your FX4 package.

emiantan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
Those wheels look like the ones on my Z06. They're really nice but a bitch to clean
I was worried about that, but the look and color were exactly what I was going for on this truck. I cleaned the truck this weekend and I noticed the color of the wheels hides the dirt real well so that's a positive.

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I was worried about that, but the look and color were exactly what I was going for on this truck. I cleaned the truck this weekend and I noticed the color of the wheels hides the dirt real well so that's a positive.
Try Sonax wheel cleaner along with Hydro2 to coat them after cleaning. Makes it a bunch easier, dirt practically rinses off.

emiantan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
Try Sonax wheel cleaner along with Hydro2 to coat them after cleaning. Makes it a bunch easier, dirt practically rinses off.
Nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I've always been a fan of debadging, so I decided to remove the STX decals from the side, and then gave the truck a polish

20230716_115319.jpg
did same thing a week after owning mine.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20211031_153930_resized

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220201_075920_resized

Expat93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Denali, Ram, Ford
Occupation
None
Installed Tuxmats a couple of weeks ago. So this is for anyone that lives in Florida, or along the gulf coast, I do not really like the Tuxmats that much. I bought them and the fit, finish, coverage, etc etc are fantastic, BUT.... with the older carpet style mats it hides all the sand for a long time before you have to pull them, bang them around to get the sand out and throw them back in. With the Tuxmats, well there is no place for the sand to go but to sit there. So from day one there is always sand present on the mat. Just a thought for anyone looking as no one mentioned this. I'll keep them in for now but I am finding myself vacuuming a lot more.
Agree 100%. I have the Ford rubber mats and I’m plagued with the same problem. Must be an OCD thing.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Had it at the Ford dealer yet again. This time front diff pinion seal leak 20000km... At Ford quality is job NONE,
Had this on used truck. All fixed under warranty. Found a few threads on different forums with complaints for same issue. I know statistically we are in minority but finding multiple threads on the subject was surprising.

I have to lookup how to check oil level for my own curiosity but I'm not too worried about it going forward.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Not keen on the plastic caps that come with the methods. Used plastic tube caps and had silicon graphics made up to go with the bronze and Velocity blue of thetruck. Got a matching steering wheel silicon made.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_2787
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_2784

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_2785

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_2786
Sponsored