Sponsored

What changes would you make to FordPass?

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Wonder what they'll charge for that..
It may be something I need to look at.
I'm using https://www.millenicom.com/ on an old plan, $70/month unlimited maximum speed data. A similar looking plan now is $110 … I think WFH demand pushed prices up.
I tried t-mobile, which was cheaper and faster but didn't happen to work where I needed it most often.
https://www.t-mobile.com/isp/plan
I'm not sure about the starlink pricing, but it was $99 to sign up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
r.e. Internet service, you might want to sign up for starlink (by SpaceX / Tesla / Elon Musk) which is becoming available this year. There's also "rural Internet" which is basically a cellular phone hotspot with a big antenna. I use one of these and it's about 30Mb/s up and down (varies quite a bit and can be easily made faster with a yagi) and fast enough to watch Netflix in 4K.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually signed up for it a couple of weeks ago. I debated for a long time after it came out, the satellites supposedly only have a 5 year life span before they start falling out of the sky, but at this point, maybe in 5 years there will be another solution, Musk hasn't been known to usually make his projection dates, but figured sign up and I have the option to cancel before the equipment ships.

I've heard of the "promise" of cellular home systems, by verizon, ATT and T-mobile all aren't offering it in our area, probably because what towers we have stay over loaded. SuddenLink is only 4 miles from our rural neighborhood, but no plans to expand, and the "office of the president at ATT" told me they are "sunsetting" dsl - I responded, "great, what's my new solution for HS internet." "um, we don't have one for your area at this time..." nice huh?

Starlink I believe is going to be $100 a month, $100 deposit and maybe $500/$600 in equipment once it ships.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I'd like them to be able to create widgets or shortcuts to be placed on an iPhone and android homescreen to directly start the truck, or lock and unlock among all other features. Being able to use these widgets to see additional statuses like fuel, generator power, zone lighting on/off and lock status directly on the phone home screen would be nice too.

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I'd like them to be able to create widgets or shortcuts to be placed on an iPhone and android homescreen to directly start the truck, or lock and unlock among all other features. Being able to use these widgets to see additional statuses like fuel, generator power, zone lighting on/off and lock status directly on the phone home screen would be nice too.
Good ones..

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am not surprised that their app is not that good considering how the software on the trucks is not that stable. Just look at this forum topics about the tec problems. Both need a lot of upgrading and the programing needs to be cleaned up. With that being said, this is also the first try at the tec on the 21's. It will take some modifying to get it right. Just my thoughts.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Would be cool if they added a "sentry mode" like Teslas, where you can see what is happening around the vehicle using the cameras

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Well today I am unable to access the Securi Tab.
Just spins, never loads.
So therefore I'm getting continuous alerts that my doors have been opened.
Can't turn Securi Alert off..
Anyone else see this happening???

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Windows up/down with confirmation they're closed all the way. ( no bounce back)

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I would just like for it to WORK! I have never been able to set a SecuriAlert "schedule." Every time I click on the "scheduler," I get the message: "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later." I have removed the app, updated the app several times, removed my truck and re-added it. No luck. Ford tries to blame my network connectivity... which is definitely not the problem.

But... if it worked... I think they went the wrong way with the "Home" screen with a recent release. They tried to clean it up, but left the least used information on the main screen. (Seriously, how often do I need to "Find a dealer" vs a simple status of the vehicle?

I would also *really* like to be able to easily find the version numbers of all the software modules. (Someone also mentioned that.)
I had a similar problem when I first took reigns of my new F-150. At that time I was using an old iPhone that could not update to the latest iOS software and consequently would not load the latest FordPass version. Since then I purchased a new phone with the latest IOS and the latest FordPass app version and the problem disappeared.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I had a similar problem when I first took reigns of my new F-150. At that time I was using an old iPhone that could not update to the latest iOS software and consequently would not load the latest FordPass version. Since then I purchased a new phone with the latest IOS and the latest FordPass app version and the problem disappeared.
I wish that were my problem... while mine is not an iPhone 13, it's recent enough to load the latest FordPass version.
Sponsored