Sponsored

What changes would you make to FordPass?

kmayer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F250
Occupation
Web Design Agency
it would be nice if the app told you the state of the locks. You can lock and unlock it but I don’t see where it shows current state.
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Just the number of posts and the variety of features is enough for Ford to realize "the app" is an important feature and value for F-150 owners.

My feature request for the FordPass app would be to put all instrument panel and touchscreen controls on the app and let the user choose what they want to have like any mobile device app.

At the very least I'd like to have remote view of the cameras and "phone key" (drive the car with just the phone, no physical key.)

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just the number of posts and the variety of features is enough for Ford to realize "the app" is an important feature and value for F-150 owners.

My feature request for the FordPass app would be to put all instrument panel and touchscreen controls on the app and let the user choose what they want to have like any mobile device app.

At the very least I'd like to have remote view of the cameras and "phone key" (drive the car with just the phone, no physical key.)
Excellent..

Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
it would be nice if the app told you the state of the locks. You can lock and unlock it but I don’t see where it shows current state.
I missed your post. Just stated the same. I keep a firearm in console and sometimes get a little paranoid it’s unlocked. Rear doors will occasionally not fully close which prevents doors from locking.

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I missed your post. Just stated the same. I keep a firearm in console and sometimes get a little paranoid it’s unlocked. Rear doors will occasionally not fully close which prevents doors from locking.
Perhaps a door ajar alert when a door is fully closed..

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I would just like for it to WORK! I have never been able to set a SecuriAlert "schedule." Every time I click on the "scheduler," I get the message: "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later." I have removed the app, updated the app several times, removed my truck and re-added it. No luck. Ford tries to blame my network connectivity... which is definitely not the problem.

But... if it worked... I think they went the wrong way with the "Home" screen with a recent release. They tried to clean it up, but left the least used information on the main screen. (Seriously, how often do I need to "Find a dealer" vs a simple status of the vehicle?

I would also *really* like to be able to easily find the version numbers of all the software modules. (Someone also mentioned that.)

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
Yes. This would be great to see if my doors are locked when parked in the driveway. And maybe a way to automatically lock it on a schedule like every night at 9:00 it locks automatically.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Just like dial up!!!:ROFLMAO:
Some of us still have speeds close to dialup, DSL 6mb down .5 up (yea that is a . in front of the 5) for $60 a month at that, thanks ATT :rolleyes:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Some of us still have speeds close to dialup, DSL 6mb down .5 up (yea that is a . in front of the 5) for $60 a month at that, thanks ATT :rolleyes:
Same here..

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Ablity to set and change all of my saved radio channels.

They just need to buy a Chevrolet and see their app. The app for the 2021 Chevy SUV the wife drives is way better than the Ford app,

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Ablity to set and change all of my saved radio channels.

They just need to buy a Chevrolet and see their app. The app for the 2021 Chevy SUV the wife drives is way better than the Ford app,
They're making it worse instead of better.
Everything takes more clicks than before to find out any status of the vehicle..

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
r.e. Internet service, you might want to sign up for starlink (by SpaceX / Tesla / Elon Musk) which is becoming available this year. There's also "rural Internet" which is basically a cellular phone hotspot with a big antenna. I use one of these and it's about 30Mb/s up and down (varies quite a bit and can be easily made faster with a yagi) and fast enough to watch Netflix in 4K.

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
r.e. Internet service, you might want to sign up for starlink (by SpaceX / Tesla / Elon Musk) which is becoming available this year. There's also "rural Internet" which is basically a cellular phone hotspot with a big antenna. I use one of these and it's about 30Mb/s up and down (varies quite a bit and can be easily made faster with a yagi) and fast enough to watch Netflix in 4K.
Wonder what they'll charge for that..
It may be something I need to look at.
Sponsored