First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I bought the Bak Revolver X4S and have no complaints. You get the bed access of a roll up and the rigidity of a tri fold. I also like how it locks the sides of the tonneau in so nobody can get in. Also it looks great because it is flush with the sides
Sponsored

OP
OP
houstongoose

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
I have a WeatherTech tri-fold Alloy cover and I love it. It's very under rated and hardly ever discussed on truck forums.

Check out this thread from a month or so back that includes a lot of details about the WeatherTech cover:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/weathertech-alloycover-tonneau-cover.6653/
Hadnt heard of this one until now - I’ll have to take a look. About 100$ less than the Leer I was looking at and claimed “waterproof”. Big selling point there

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Obviously subjective but I have the Ford low profile hard cover that sits level with the top of the bed rails. Looks super clean and works great. After driving around and seeing lots of the covers that sit higher up- they all tend to look chunky, warped, and not factory or part of the truck. Very happy with mine.

OP
OP
houstongoose

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
"All Tonneau covers leak".

That's what the idiot salesman told me before I CANCELED the "fold up" he was trying to sell me instead of the solid one I wanted.

I'm SURE the "Roll up/Fold Up" covers are pretty water "resistant"... AT FIRST!

But open & close them over & over for a few years & see how "water resistant" they are...

THIS one doesn't leak a drop! And if it ever does it will be EASY to seal. The last one I had never did leak.

Unfortunately, I have an email from the manufacturer saying that they "don't make them anymore". (I hope that's wrong or they change their minds)

I got lucky and found "ONE" left in a warehouse in Indianapolis, immediately ordered it and got it installed today.

Yes... it's much less convenient than the roll/fold ups. Yes... I only have about a foot of storage over my Decked.

But all I need to carry is a ladder (which fits perfectly) and the parts I need for the work I'll be doing with the tools in my Decked.

And it can be removed in about 5min AND EVEN the Decked can be removed in about another 15min IF I really need full use of my box.

But with the MAX TOW options, I can easily tow my trailer full of anything & everything I need so I doubt I'll ever need to empty my bed.

Everybody has their own needs. THIS fit's "my needs" perfectly!

...and HOLY SHIT is it FAST! That coyote is the RCSB is a friggin MONSTER!

Tonnaeu.jpg
Thanks for the reply - for me I think I need something that allows a little more access but hey, to each there own!
Thats The lightest configuration you can option I’m pretty sure. Bet that thing flys

OP
OP
houstongoose

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
I have ran Access covers on my last 7 trucks. No issues whatsoever! I always ran their normal one, but this time on my '21 I went with the Lorado.
Thats two votes for the access cover. I need to check that one out for sure.
Btw I see you’re running the wildpeak tires - how do you like those? Do you like running the stock size too? I was considering running the tremor size, 275/70/18

Sponsored

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
I have a Weathertech trifold as well and like it so far. I haven’t needed to use my full bed yet, but If I do and know ahead of time, I can just pop the trifold off and stick it in the garage. Worst case, I can put it in the bed or cab next to whatever I’m hauling. I figured I’d probably know ahead of time if I was going to be hauling bulky items so that was a factor. My main reason for getting the hard cover was to keep items “secure” while shopping. I also didn’t want the potential of a soft cover flapping around and generating noise when it’s closed. I see that far too many times with other trucks on the expressway.

I do agree with the others here though in that you should get what makes sense for you. There is no right or wrong here, it all depends on what your planned use for your bed will be.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Thanks for the reply - for me I think I need something that allows a little more access but hey, to each there own!
Thats The lightest configuration you can option I’m pretty sure. Bet that thing flys
I completely understand.

I can't put anything in the back of my truck more than a foot or two tall. But "I" don't need too.

That ain't gonna work for most people.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Thats two votes for the access cover. I need to check that one out for sure.
Btw I see you’re running the wildpeak tires - how do you like those? Do you like running the stock size too? I was considering running the tremor size, 275/70/18
So far I am loving the Wildpeaks! I had ran BFG KO2's for 6 years on my '12 and I like the Falkens even more! I was thinking the 275/70-18 as well, but I did not want the added weight to help keep the fuel mileage hit that I took on larger tires with the previous BFG's on the '12. The more rugged look of the Wildpeaks in the same size as the stock Wranlger Territory AT's made the tires look bigger than stock anyway. No regrets so far!

Mr. Zog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5L EB, 5.5' Space White
I did some looking on here and I didn't see too much about this topic. I wanted to see what Tonneau covers y'all were running as Im looking to get one myself. This is my first truck so im not exactly sure what to look for or what to stay away from. Im leaning towards a soft cover, so that I can still use the entirety of my bed, but Im open to suggestions otherwise. Thoughts?
I have the UnderCover Armor Flex Tri-Fold and would recommend. I have full access to the bed, zero leaking so far in 6 mos of use. Also very secure and supports quite a bit of weight (I can stand on it). I also like the Line-X coating on the top for durability. I paired it with the Adarac Pro Aluminum rack for the necessary tri-fold clearance (due to the vertical vs. tapered supports) - all works great.

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the Bak Revolver X4s, it has the look of a soft cover but has metal slats under the cover and rolls ups when you need bed access. If you need full access it comes off with 4 knobs, best part for me is that its locks when closed, you have to pull the handle to open it and when rolled up it doesn't block my view out the back window like tri-fold. I borrowed the photo from their site.

Ford F-150 Tonneau Covers - Recommendations and Reviews 1638813683420

Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I also have the Bak Revolver X4S on my truck. Real nice cover. Only thing to pay attention to is when you open or close it. You can get pinched when you roll it.
Ford F-150 Tonneau Covers - Recommendations and Reviews Back High plate

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Hadnt heard of this one until now - I’ll have to take a look. About 100$ less than the Leer I was looking at and claimed “waterproof”. Big selling point there
I got the WeatherTech Alloy cover because of that thread, haven't really put it to the waterproof test yet, but I got it because it's a hard cover and it's easily removed and replaced giving you full bed access. Only complaints so far are the side edges are a bit sharp and not painted, so I did what other people did and sharpied them.

Revz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 3.5EB

KevinO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The style @dhrandy showed are definitely the best, but they come with a heavy price tag. I got this one on Amazon for less than 200.00. Fits very well. I had one on my tacoma as well, and they are fairly durable and waterproof.

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
Have been using the Bakflip on past 3 trucks. The 2021 is the MX4. Solid, weathertight, well made, allows almost full access to bed . Worth the cost in my opinion -- but like the other posts speak you need to ensure you get to your own specific requirements.
Sponsored