• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pricing of cars/trucks going to collapse?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
ICE with a manual transmission will always be desirable. Every Charger, Challenger and Mustang out today will be desirable. It all depends on what you are looking for. SRT Jeeps and Durangos, yes please. Raptors, Tremors all desirable. We’ll see how the Lightning performs and if it will truly make people forget about ICE trucks.

As far as future ICE vehicles, those will die a fast death. Corollas, Civics, Mazda3’s will be moving to an EV platform much quicker than we think.
I got my 2021 Bronco in a manual. Someone needs to be able to teach my friend’s son’s how to drive a proper manual before they are gone, might as well be me.
Sponsored

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Element; 2010 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Almost all households today have multiple vehicles. Our plan is one ICE and one BEV. You don’t have to bet one way or the other, hedge your bets.
That’s our plan too! A truck for the longer/bigger trips, a BEV for town/local trips.
Now waiting on those lottery results….lol

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
ICE with a manual transmission will always be desirable. Every Charger, Challenger and Mustang out today will be desirable. It all depends on what you are looking for. SRT Jeeps and Durangos, yes please. Raptors, Tremors all desirable. We’ll see how the Lightning performs and if it will truly make people forget about ICE trucks.

As far as future ICE vehicles, those will die a fast death. Corollas, Civics, Mazda3’s will be moving to an EV platform much quicker than we think.
These cars don't have much life left. Their sales have dropped steadily like the entire segment. The number one trade in for the Ford Maverick is a Civic. Whatever replaces them may be BEV, who knows.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I WILL be an EV'r. I am not in denial.

But gas could be $10 gallon and I will still go to the barn when I get the itch and go wail on them shifting gears.

20220127_145734.jpg

Admittedly I am old and probably don't have kids that feel the same. So I'm going out clutching it. Lol
I'm sure it will be fun for some to keep a muffler less ICE to drive in the small town parades 30 years from now where the kids will be fascinated by what that bizarre terrifying vehicle is.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
In all fairness, they both have mufflers.
But if the roads really do become silent, yea, a Porsche Flat6 at full song will strike terror in the children lining the parade. ?

Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Interesting read.

My opinion, that's just Toyota thinking about creating a fake wind up and shift feel (the pop, the gforce, the level off and then pop again) to simulate a manual shifter.

I believe purists would come to despise that for what it is, as fake as pumping V8 sounds thru your car speakers when driving a 4 or 6 cyl. Of like the "manual" shifting you can do now on an ICE with CVT. All fake.

You'd basically be handicapping an electric vehicles real capability of throwing you back in the seat at the get go and keeping you there until you let off or hit max speed (see Tesla Ludicrous Plus mode).

Different point, but the media industry (no matter the topic, cars, phones, etc) always puts way too much weight on a patent filing.

I worked for years in a tech company in development. We were compensated (awards, tiers, etc) on the number of patents filed (didn't have to be approved or published, but more compensation if they were), so you had guys just cranking out submissions when ever they had a few hours of spare time. You would think of anything and write it up.

Also, most big companies actually file patents to protect their options in the future to be able to challenge other potential patents or to create a large patent base to be able to negotiate (trade patent portfolio's). Net the correlations between patent filings and actual future products is way way way less than 1:1.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just released price index information on vehicles:
New vehicles +0.3% in Febrary (0.0% in January)
Used vehicles -0.2% in February (+1.5% in January)

Both well below headline inflation of +0.8% in February. Has the car price bubble finally burst?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Just noticed on the build and price that the max tow package is now $825, compared to $865 previously. Anybody else notice that? I'll take any price reductions I can get.?

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Just noticed on the build and price that the max tow package is now $825, compared to $865 previously. Anybody else notice that? I'll take any price reductions I can get.?
I believe the price was adjusted downward a few weeks ago in order to get the price of the Lariat ER below $80K if that option package was selected.
Sponsored