Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Hey guys,
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I couldn’t figure out where else to post.
Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the ford maintenance plan? Is it worth it, is it a scam? I know this is where dealers make most their money and I’m not usually one to buy this but I was priced at $2800 for 6 year 120,000kms ( located in Canada). The maintenance plan also Covers brake pads and rotors and they told me ford recommends to replace those every 60,000km so they said you’re basically getting 2 brake jobs in that. On top of all the free oil change, tire rotation etc. anyone have experience with this?
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Hey guys,
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I couldn’t figure out where else to post.
Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the ford maintenance plan? Is it worth it, is it a scam? I know this is where dealers make most their money and I’m not usually one to buy this but I was priced at $2800 for 6 year 120,000kms ( located in Canada). The maintenance plan also Covers brake pads and rotors and they told me ford recommends to replace those every 60,000km so they said you’re basically getting 2 brake jobs in that. On top of all the free oil change, tire rotation etc. anyone have experience with this?
I'm curious about pricing here in the states. This is something I will consider, im not certain I will get my moneys worth since my truck won't be my daily driver.

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
Hey guys,
I bought it in Canada, I did the math and it was worth it. (also, I would get the extended warranty for the electronics, I forgot the exact name, but a Ford mechanic friend told me it would easily pay for itself over the life of the truck, as there are many more electronic systems) Not to mention, it was in 2021 dollars, so I feel like I've already saved some money.

I also like the idea of no surprise costs, just my monthly payment. As I plan on owning the truck for at least 8 years, it was a no brainer / great piece of mind.

Cheers

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I know if no recommendation from Ford to replace brakes and rotors every 60,000km. Is it in the manual? I didn’t see it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hey guys,
Sounds to me like you were quoted the service plan for maintenance only. The EWP plan that covers the electronics and such, I was quoted just over $4000.00 for 7year 150,000km. I am gong to buy this plan, just because of all the electronics and hopefully be able to keep getting the updates as needed. Was told, how correct it is, but the 12" center screen is around $3K alone from Ford. Would I buy electronics for scrap yard? To me it would be a hard sell.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I know if no recommendation from Ford to replace brakes and rotors every 60,000km. Is it in the manual? I didn’t see it.
I was trying to find that in the manual and recommended service interval as well but never found it. Im guessing that’s what the brakes are rated at and or That’s just what the finance guy offering it told me… again most likely sales tactics. I know my 2012 f150 FX4 I had I didn’t touch the brakes until 100,000kms…. I have a fusion now though and brakes have needed changed basically every 40-60,000kms. Hard to compare a car Vs a truck. But that’s been my experience

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Sounds to me like you were quoted the service plan for maintenance only. The EWP plan that covers the electronics and such, I was quoted just over $4000.00 for 7year 150,000km. I am gong to buy this plan, just because of all the electronics and hopefully be able to keep getting the updates as needed. Was told, how correct it is, but the 12" center screen is around $3K alone for Ford. Would I buy electronics for scrap yard? To me it would be a hard sell.
Yeah I’m only talking about the maintenance package not the warrranty… warranty is a great piece of mind but I paid almost 5K for extended warranty on my Fusion** upto 160k. I’m now at 190K and have still not had to replace anything besides normal wear and tear. Although it’s great the car has been amazing. I’m just not really looking to spend 5k again on warranty for piece of mind

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I bought it in Canada, I did the math and it was worth it. (also, I would get the extended warranty for the electronics, I forgot the exact name, but a Ford mechanic friend told me it would easily pay for itself over the life of the truck, as there are many more electronic systems) Not to mention, it was in 2021 dollars, so I feel like I've already saved some money.

I also like the idea of no surprise costs, just my monthly payment. As I plan on owning the truck for at least 8 years, it was a no brainer / great piece of mind.

Cheers
Thanks for the info! I think if owning for a long time it definitely makes sense to do it. I’m stuck between either owning the truck and driving it into the ground, or if things continue the way they are then in a couple years I should be able to trade in and upgrade while getting good buck for my truck so it’s a bit of a toss up

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
I seem to remember it was basically just oil changes upto 100k. The MSP only pays for itself if you have wear and tear items replaced, was my impression.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I've never done the maintenance plan... until this truck, I did the math which worked out to be around $109 per oil change, my last vehicle was 4x2 and my last oil change in it was about $90 (at a quick change place), I'm a firm believer in rotating tires, and the plan included that as well as new wipers blades, which face it, I wouldn't replace on a regular basis. I had my first service yesterday, and other than dropping and leaving the truck off, I think I'm going to be glad I did it.

I also feel like with the gas prices fluctuating what they are, it is nice to have a price locked in. Just my 2 cents

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I've never done the maintenance plan... until this truck, I did the math which worked out to be around $109 per oil change, my last vehicle was 4x2 and my last oil change in it was about $90 (at a quick change place), I'm a firm believer in rotating tires, and the plan included that as well as new wipers blades, which face it, I wouldn't replace on a regular basis. I had my first service yesterday, and other than dropping and leaving the truck off, I think I'm going to be glad I did it.

I also feel like with the gas prices fluctuating what they are, it is nice to have a price locked in. Just my 2 cents
That makes sense. I sort of thought that as well. The only problem I’m having a hard time with is that although it is convenient . The price of it is lumped into the truck so you’re now paying interest on top of that over however many years you finance your truck and dependant on the rate you got… I only have 1.99% but it’s still interest I wouldn’t be paying if I did it pay as you go…. The fact brakes are included is a huge bonus but I am a bit skeptical ford will actually replace them and not try and have you stretch the life of the brakes out for as long as possible

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
I spent about $1600 (USD) for the maintenance plan here in Michigan pretty much exactly a year ago. Covers 13 services up to 100,000 miles (one every 7500 miles). I figured dealer oil changes with tire rotation are about $125 for an F150 at my dealership, so 13 oil-changes and tire rotations break even. Then you figure it also covers wipers, air filters and even brakes if needed. That along with inflation and the increased labor and parts costs we are seeing, and the plan will definitely pay for itself, at least at the price I paid.

If I need an oil change more frequently then 7500 miles, I can do it myself in my driveway for $35, but it's nice to not have to climb under the vehicle in the heat of the summer or cold of the winter if I don't have to.

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I spent about $1600 (USD) for the maintenance plan here in Michigan pretty much exactly a year ago. Covers 13 services up to 100,000 miles (one every 7500 miles). I figured dealer oil changes with tire rotation are about $125 for an F150 at my dealership, so 13 oil-changes and tire rotations break even. Then you figure it also covers wipers, air filters and even brakes if needed. That along with inflation and the increased labor and parts costs we are seeing, and the plan will definitely pay for itself, at least at the price I paid.

If I need an oil change more frequently then 7500 miles, I can do it myself in my driveway for $35, but it's nice to not have to climb under the vehicle in the heat of the summer or cold of the winter if I don't have to.
Agreed! I think it sounds like you got a pretty good price. Did the math on mine and the oil changes I’d have done would be about $1600 plus a break job if it needed one before 120,000kms. At my price of $2800 I think it’s still a little on the high side. If I can get a better price like yours I’d be all in

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I get my oil changes done at the dealer for $79.00 for the first on and the second one is free. They also do a multi-point inspection.(Looking for extra work...LOL). I can't do it for $40.00 and then have to get rid of the oil and filter.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
...The price of it is lumped into the truck so you’re now paying interest on top of that over however many years you finance your truck and dependant on the rate you got…
I didn't purchase mine at the time I bought my after the fact from andersonkoch.com so I paid for it up front. There are two other companies that do this online as well.
Sponsored