First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Did anyone else have a problem with their PowerBoost after the install of 23-PU0630-YAW-RT. When I drove to work this morning my truck did not want to go into electric drive mode until just before I got to work. The truck didn't even want to go into electric mode when I stopped at a stop sign.
That contains a PCM update and PowerBoost vehicles will not go into EV mode until you drive it for a bit and it settles in. Totally normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok, now I think they are just throwing random updates. I have gotten updates two days in a row which is good but today's update was 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2. I know that I received this update early last year and it came out around Feb 23 unless it has been updated.
It was most likely CSM and not CSM2 that you got now.

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Ford has been blasting out PU updates it seems recently. I get a new x.x.x update about once a month but have gotten 3 PU updates over the past week or so.

Just means I get to reset "MyView" and the turbo gauge a couple times a week.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I got it, I didn't read the list close enough. CSM2 was released Jan 24.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The Ford Gods are smiling at me once again.... I got 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 today. Two OTA's - 7 days apart. Now I wonder now if I will be forgotten or they will keep coming. Looking on the spreadsheet, this OTA is for powerboost. I don't have a PB.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I've received 4 OTA updates in the last 7 days on a 2023.5 Mach-E

And this is AFTER pretty much catching up with FDRS on both the Powerboost and the Mach-E.

Whatever is going on, the OTA faucet is unclogged, apparently.

I'm not complaining, just to be clear. Although I admit that with the new numbering scheme and two vehicles, it's becoming a blur for my old brain.
Ford is testing us old timers to make sure we can understand their thinking....

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The Ford Gods are smiling at me once again.... I got 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 today. Two OTA's - 7 days apart. Now I wonder now if I will be forgotten or they will keep coming. Looking on the spreadsheet, this OTA is for powerboost. I don't have a PB.
I'll change it. The PB version includes more modules than the full ICE trucks, but I did notice non-PBs were getting it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I'll change it. The PB version includes more modules than the full ICE trucks, but I did notice non-PBs were getting it.
I just wanted to let you know. But with Ford software, one will never know. LOL
I just saw a new BCM update dropped on the 11th. HUMMMMMM.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Another one to get 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2.

I don't see you all screaming in terror so I'll give it permission to install. 🤣

Milneros

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost Limited
Seems like I’m missing out on the recent update frenzy. According to the App, I haven’t received any OTA’s in 6 months for my 2021 Limited PB. Anything I can do or check to see If something is wrong with my vehicle? Wondering if there’s any equipment malfunctioning or battery SOC issues, etc. I regularly connect to wifi, although I’ve seen comments that most OTA’s use cellular to update.
Appreciate your input.

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
@rugedraw
Could you check and see why the OTA for PCM/ABS (23-PU0630-YAW-RT) is failing for my truck? Or point me to where on the ford site I can check myself?

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

Thanks!

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Seems like I’m missing out on the recent update frenzy. According to the App, I haven’t received any OTA’s in 6 months for my 2021 Limited PB. Anything I can do or check to see If something is wrong with my vehicle? Wondering if there’s any equipment malfunctioning or battery SOC issues, etc. I regularly connect to wifi, although I’ve seen comments that most OTA’s use cellular to update.
Appreciate your input.
Your truck is fine. The OTA rollout plan for the 6.x.x updates has not reached you VIN yet. Many vehicles stopped after the 4.x.x updates and no action since then. Your truck is communicating fine with the cloud.

@rugedraw
Could you check and see why the OTA for PCM/ABS (23-PU0630-YAW-RT) is failing for my truck? Or point me to where on the ford site I can check myself?

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

Thanks!
It is failing due to insufficient battery stats, but yet the battery stats reported to the cloud seem fine. Capacity is over 70 and SoC over 80. I would try taking it for a 20 minute drive so the alternator tops off the battery and manually start the update as soon as you park it.

Edit: You need PTS to see this and they charge you for access. Save your money. That's what I'm here for.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) 1710455434286-9

Milneros

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost Limited
Your truck is fine. The OTA rollout plan for the 6.x.x updates has not reached you VIN yet. Many vehicles stopped after the 4.x.x updates and no action since then. Your truck is communicating fine with the cloud.

It is failing due to insufficient battery stats, but yet the battery stats reported to the cloud seem fine. Capacity is over 70 and SoC over 80. I would try taking it for a 20 minute drive so the alternator tops off the battery and manually start the update as soon as you park it.

Edit: You need PTS to see this and they charge you for access. Save your money. That's what I'm here for.

1710455434286-9n.png
Thank you!

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Just picked up a new to me 2021 lariat FX4 a couple weeks ago. Talked to Snake over on another forum and he ran my vin through fdrs to see how far out of date I was. I've got a pretty solid list of updates, but not too bad for having automatic updates turned off and sitting at a dealership for who knows how long with a weak battery. (Sync is at 23159 rev915) Read through a major of this thread. I went back to roughly the timeframe my truck last updated just to see if there may have been anything that would cause any potential issues. I have replaced the weak Ford h6 with an H8 and waited patiently for 2 whole weeks 🤣 but have not received anything. I was wondering if someone could run my vin to see if there are any potential issues with me getting updates? If there is, I'll pony up for a mongoose. If not, I'll continue to wait patiently (until I can't anymore, and pony up for a mongoose anyway)

1FTFW1E8XMKE27242

Thanks to all the very knowledgeable people here!