Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Not being one to leave well enough alone and also still having access to FDRS, I checked my truck's status, and it had a CMR module update pending despite my having done one of those 8 days ago. I updated it (which took an hour) and then tried again to do the 4.3.2 update. No luck at all. I'm going to leave the truck on the battery charger overnight and try the update again in the morning. Ford Pass is aware of the update attempts and after each time it doesn't take will send me a message in Ford Pass saying it will be tried again at the next scheduled update time.
Yes, Jesse had mentioned that a new update for CMR was available the other day. Let us know what happens in the morning. Good luck 👍
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thekameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
An IPC update at this point is very interesting. I'm thinking it may be adding something to it that has to do with BC 1.2. The guy that got it says he sees nothing different on his IPC and that it wiped his MyView settings clean and he had to reconfigure Alexa on his truck after the update. Jesse is looking at the files, so I'll provide more info on it when he's had a chance to take a peek at it and gets back to me.
I got the same update on a 2021 Job 1 Powerboost. It wiped my MyView as well.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not being one to leave well enough alone and also still having access to FDRS, I checked my truck's status, and it had a CMR module update pending despite my having done one of those 8 days ago. I updated it (which took an hour) and then tried again to do the 4.3.2 update. No luck at all. I'm going to leave the truck on the battery charger overnight and try the update again in the morning. Ford Pass is aware of the update attempts and after each time it doesn't take will send me a message in Ford Pass saying it will be tried again at the next scheduled update time.
Don't stress it. This update literally dropped today. If your truck is the first one that it fails to install on, it won't be the last. You are in no danger of missing out on anything major anytime soon.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good morning, John. That doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you are able to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information, we can look into this for you.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@tonesto7

F150 excel updated to include 4.3.2.

Also added GWM as the module updated with priority update PU0727-VI-FXA which was blank before.

I heard installed 4.3.2 on your truck already. Any interesting animations in there?

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
@tonesto7

F150 excel updated to include 4.3.2.

Also added GWM as the module updated with priority update PU0727-VI-FXA which was blank before.

I heard installed 4.3.2 on your truck already. Any interesting animations in there?
Thanks for the update. I updated the power-up page about 30 minutes ago.

Were you asking me about 4.3.2?
I never received an IPC ota. I did roll back my IPC from the raptor firmware to the non-raptor in hopes that ford will push out the OTA

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Good morning, John. That doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you are able to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information, we can look into this for you.
Thanks for the update. I updated the power-up page about 30 minutes ago.

Were you asking me about 4.3.2?
I never received an IPC ota. I did roll back my IPC from the raptor firmware to the non-raptor in hopes that ford will push out the OTA
Jesse had mentioned to me that you installed the IPC update from 4.3.2 on your truck already. I guess he misunderstood. He hasn't had a chance to look at the files yet. I'm hoping they added animations that coincide with BC 1.2 in the update.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Totally random, and maybe not the correct place for this, but are there plans add other vehicles to the Power Up list? Edge is also receiving updates at a similar pace to F150. Maybe @rugedraw or @tonesto7 can look into this?
If you want to take one of the Excel sheets and change it over to the Edge, your more than welcome as far as I am concerned. Maybe you can host that spread sheet on the Edge website.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
My PB down loaded Ford Power Up OTA 4.2.3.

"This Ford Power Up software update allows you to connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots through Sync."

Did it this morning while the truck was in the YMCA parking lot. We were there watching my grandson play a soccer game.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Been trying to figure out where 22177 falls in the update schedule. Seeing lots of posts where many are stuck there like me. Seems to be somewhere between March and September 2022.

It appears from the list of modules on the website I installed 2.5.1 today, but sync version 22095 is 2.5.3 so I should be ahead of that. 🤔

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been trying to figure out where 22177 falls in the update schedule. Seeing lots of posts where many are stuck there like me. Seems to be somewhere between March and September 2022.

It appears from the list of modules on the website I installed 2.5.1 today, but sync version 22095 is 2.5.3 so I should be ahead of that. 🤔
As to which OTA a particular Sync version aligns to I'm not sure. But the age of the Sync version is very easy to figure out. The first 2 numbers of the version represent the year of release, the last 3 digits represent the day of the year the software was released.

Example
22095. Is from 2022 and the 095 is the 95th day of the year or April 5th = 4/5/22
22177 is 2022 and 177 = June 25th so release date was 6/25/22

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
That makes sense but I was looking at the history of updates on the linked website where it lists each module updated. I don't see anywhere with so many updates other than March, but clearly my sync version is from June. Is it possible some module updates are skipped over and others are installed?

I did get the update to change tailgate button to double press. Not sure the date on that or if it was over air.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes sense but I was looking at the history of updates on the linked website where it lists each module updated. I don't see anywhere with so many updates other than March, but clearly my sync version is from June. Is it possible some module updates are skipped over and others are installed?

I did get the update to change tailgate button to double press. Not sure the date on that or if it was over air.
Each OTA does not always create a new Sync version number. The only time a new Sync version number is assigned is when the APIM is updated.

Example with the current 4.x.x series of OTAs
4.2.1 was a gateway module update or GWM, so no version change.
4.2.2 was an APIM update this brought a new Sync version number 23031
4.2.3 another GWM, so no version change.
4.2.4 was a TCU update also this will not bring a version number change.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Interesting but still confusing when using FDRS. Just trying to figure out where I am in the process. Back out to truck I go. Should be ready for the next update now. :)
Sponsored