First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Sounds to me like you really don’t want to take a crack at this yourself, notwithstanding your professional technical expertise. I get it. I’ll stop trying to persuade you.
Not take a crack? What crack? What have I been doing for 4 months. Please tell me. My patience is worn.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Not take a crack? What crack? What have I been doing for 4 months. Please tell me. My patience is worn.
Do you have your own programmer? Your own license to FDRS? Have you created your own flash drive directly from FDRS rather than having the dealer do it for you? I apologize. I really can’t tell how much of this exercise you have taken on yourself.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Do you have your own programmer? Your own license to FDRS? Have you created your own flash drive directly from FDRS rather than having the dealer do it for you? I apologize. I really can’t tell how much of this exercise you have taken on yourself.
Thats a stupid analogy. First of all, why the eff should I have to invest in over $150 in hardware/software to fix their effing problem? Chances are using it once and never again?
I already pay for various software ecm readers and crap as is.

Its not my damn job to. I'm working hand in hand with them trying to be patient. Ford has a claim in. I'm determined to fix this but not after I invested over $75K in a truck. I should be having fun, not wasting gas/time driving back and forth to a dealer 20miles away.
I don't know about you but being retired gives me plenty of time to screw around. And I'm willing to share with them to a point. Ford Engineers are the dealers last line of defense. What they say goes and if at this point, an APIM is about $1G retail that is not my prob. But dealer is not going to order one without Ford's consent otherwise they foot the bill. (Did you know there service techs don't get paid under this warrantee crap unless they fix it?) There is no guarantees buying my own adapter, software license or anything else. AND if I/You or anyone fuks it up, you're screwed. Ford will not cover it if you can't repair it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think he has answered your question Jeb. :)

His frustration is understandable, of course.

Meanwhile my adapter should be here today, and although I'm not retired, I look forward to hanging out in the barn tonight playing Ford Computer Tech!

Again, thank you for the inspiration

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I think he has answered your question Jeb. :)

His frustration is understandable, of course.

Meanwhile my adapter should be here today, and although I'm not retired, I look forward to hanging out in the barn tonight playing Ford Computer Tech!

Again, thank you for the inspiration
Good luck! You’ll enjoy looking under the electronic hood. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, although Jesse and Iceman are the real experts.

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I don’t know if this is just a fluke, but I’ve received 3 OTA updates in the last week lol. I had no updates at all in 2021. I learned 2.3.0 is rolling out from this thread. When the ‘latest and greatest’ Ford pushed to my VIN was already several months old upon install I was a little cranky, but it led me to tinker with the system more.

January 11, 2022 - OTA 1.4.0
January 14, 2022 - OTA 1.7.0
January 18, 2022 - OTA 2.1.0

What I’ve been doing is manually hard rebooting the APIM twice after each successful install and resetting the scheduled updates feature to occur within 1 hour every time I park overnight. In the workshop manual I read that the parking brake was a parameter for OTA updates to successfully execute so I’ve also been sure to set it on even if it’s just parked in my flat driveway.

I was going to change my APIM country code as previously mentioned from Canada to USA to see if it would influence updates, but I did not attempt that yet whereas these updates suddenly just started to finally all come down the pipe.

I reboot the APIM twice because when I first started using ForScan with this generation I noticed that the APIM had to be hard reset twice for new settings to take effect. It’s as though there’s a process that hangs in the APIM and it needs extra convincing to restart.

I noticed this same issue after OTA 1.7.0

The PowerGenerator UI Element changed according to the change log but I didn’t actually see the change take effect until I hard reset Sync 4 twice in consecutive order even though the System version indicated 21146 Rev 145 the entire time.

OTA 1.7.0 also resolved (for me) some Sirius channel icons not appearing.

My suggestion to everyone here is to hold power and seek forward to reboot your system twice after each update (and after using ForScan to make edits).

The changes I made were:
Disable WiFi in Sync 4. Maybe a necessary port on my home router was closed, so I just removed it from the guesswork. Let the TCU work its magic.

Got in the habbit of setting the parking brake on as indicated in the workshop manual.

Hard reboot Sync 4 frequently.

Schedule update checks to take effect 1 hour after parking for the night.
Well I can't say for sure if it was any or all of these. But I turned off wifi, changed my update time to 10pm same day and used the parking brake.

Two days later 2.3.0 was installed.

One note: I think my update schedule had been lost at some point. I had originally set it to a Tuesday night. When I went to change it a few days ago it was set to 12:00am with no day. After fixing that (and doing those two other things) I got the update.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Folks, I would not be that thrilled by having the 2.3.0 installed. This OTA, it seems, breaks Speed Sign reconginition with Adaptive Cruise Control. Details here.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I don't use the speed sign recognition, but I do want my XM to work properly again, so that's a good tradeoff for me. I'm sure everyone will be different. Guess it's too much to ask that we fix one thing without breaking another.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Got the update today. Earlier in the day I turned auto updates off then later back on. Several hours later I had the new update. I also set a dat and time for updates; my settings for this had been deleted somehow.

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Skeldog, what app is that in your screenshot?
Sponsored