First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Just received the OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and the notice of the upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out. It sounds like a winner if it can do all that it says such as: Make a call, check the weather, interact with your smart-home devices and anything you can do with the home version. I'm not big on Alexa listening to everything I say, but the "OK Ford" voice commands are so limited that I never use it anymore and usually revert to using OK Google thru my Android phone which sometimes won't work when using the Android Auto. So, bottom line, my phone and the truck are already listening so I guess if it makes my life easier and less distracting, I'm game for it. Has anyone actually already received the final update to activate it?

Ford says " you'll know it's time to activate Alexa when the icon appears on your Sync Technology Screen". It also states that your truck must have Enhanced Voice Recognition and an activated modem along with an Amazon account. Ford is providing three years of Alexa free. No indication of the cost after 3 years?

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out Screenshot_20221010-105738_FordPass
Sponsored

Last edited:

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
I care nothing about alexa. I only want full screen carplay since that is all I use anyway.

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Same here. I installed hit, but don't care about Alexa - it's the full screen Carplay that is sweet! Plus there's a new look that you can activate via Forscan after you install it - cleaner graphics and fonts.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Just received the OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and the notice of the upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out. It sounds like a winner if it can do all that it says such as: Make a call, check the weather, interact with your smart-home devices and anything you can do with the home version. I'm not big on Alexa listening to everything I say, but the "OK Ford" voice commands are so limited that I never use it anymore and usually revert to using OK Google thru my Android phone which sometimes won't work when using the Android Auto. So, bottom line, my phone and the truck are already listening so I guess if it makes my life easier and less distracting, I'm game for it. Has anyone actually already received the final update to activate it?

Ford says " you'll know it's time to activate Alexa when the icon appears on your Sync Technology Screen". It also states that your truck must have Enhanced Voice Recognition and an activated modem along with an Amazon account. Ford is providing three years of Alexa free. No indication of the cost after 3 years?
Lots of us have manually installed the update. @Snakebitten is probably the resident Alexa in the truck expert.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I actually like the Alexa feature on my ‘22. I also have the Ford Streaming service which allows me to stream Amazon music without having to use my phone. Sometimes I leave my phone behind if I’m out and about so this solution works well.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’d like to see how they are deploying it if you got this OTA send me your vin please I want to see if they are sending the whole 6gb or splitting it like they did before

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning. 2009 Escape Hybrid.
If Alexa works better than the CarPlay interface, I will be all for it. But I don’t see it replacing CarPlay. With my iPhone 12, lately I have to turn Bluetooth off and plug it in to USB to get CarPlay reliably working, which is pretty important driving around another country (Canada) and prefer the route options that Apple Maps gives, vs the one-choice only from Ford Nav. It will be nice to ask Alexa questions that Siri won’t answer when driving.

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
This thread just prompted me to look and I just successfully received the 3.5.2 update as well. Like others, I doubt I will use Alexa much but am stoked to see full screen CarPlay.
Sponsored