First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I was just notified that Power Up 2.1.1 was successfully installed and my truck is now up to date. All it tells me is that the Horn & Light button will work now. I never tryed it when it showed up on my app. Will try it and see if it does work and what other features have now stopped working due to the update.

Just a thought - Would be informative if Ford would list the version number and what changes were made on a web site. We would be able to test the update and not be surprised when some function doesn't work correctly or how the function has been changed with it's operation. We all "LEARN" how to and where to go on our Sync 4 system and what to expect.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I have heard Google maps offers this display as well after the same update, but since my truck is apparently OTA-immune, I can't confirm first-hand.
ill have to give that a shot in the morning. Apple maps did show the arrows on the dash screen

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Sorry, that's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I bought a truck with the expectation that the features on the truck work as advertised. If they don't, then they should be fixed... whether it be hardware or software. The idea that someone should have to pay for a software maintenance contract to fix BUGS in the code is part of what is giving the software industry such a bad reputation. That's like saying that you should have to pay to have every recall fixed or TSB applied to your brand new $70K vehicle.
Well said. Even without regard to any "new" features, the inclusion of "Continuous upgrades span throughout your F-150, helping improve your vehicle’s quality, capability and convenience over time." WAS not only promised but heavily marketed and PAID FOR by every owner here.

There are features on my truck that have not worked properly since day one. Ford using the promise of future updates to correct them... and then COMPLETELY dropping the ball on the communication, deployment, and availability of those updates is a circular smoke-and-mirror show.

I agree with you that "an ongoing service or software contract" is indeed EXACTLY what we were promised and paid for!

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ill have to give that a shot in the morning. Apple maps did show the arrows on the dash screen
Hopefully you get at least one working. The cluster integration was the one feature that actually tempted me to use Sync nav (I strongly prefer Apple/Waze), but even that only works about half the time for me. There's often such a "lag" that the turn shown on the cluster is 2 or 3 behind where the main screen is (which is accurate). I'd love to see the Apple maps integrate on the cluster since that's my go-to navigation app, but have only managed to see one update since getting the truck in Feb.

Sponsored

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Hopefully you get at least one working. The cluster integration was the one feature that actually tempted me to use Sync nav (I strongly prefer Apple/Waze), but even that only works about half the time for me. There's often such a "lag" that the turn shown on the cluster is 2 or 3 behind where the main screen is (which is accurate). I'd love to see the Apple maps integrate on the cluster since that's my go-to navigation app, but have only managed to see one update since getting the truck in Feb.
Yeah, apple maps worked. Also when I first got the truck the dash directions were also delayed compared to the 12" screen like you said. I don't know if it was the updates, but both the dash and center screen directions are in sync now.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Well said. Even without regard to any "new" features, the inclusion of "Continuous upgrades span throughout your F-150, helping improve your vehicle’s quality, capability and convenience over time." WAS not only promised but heavily marketed and PAID FOR by every owner here.

There are features on my truck that have not worked properly since day one. Ford using the promise of future updates to correct them... and then COMPLETELY dropping the ball on the communication, deployment, and availability of those updates is a circular smoke-and-mirror show.

I agree with you that "an ongoing service or software contract" is indeed EXACTLY what we were promised and paid for!
It never said free… get ready for subscriptions for updates. It is coming. Ford has already said this.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It never said free… get ready for subscriptions for updates. It is coming. Ford has already said this.
If that happens, so be it... And no, I can't say that I'd be shocked in any way if/when it occurs.

Regardless, I don't think this is a comparable situation to owners being upset at the dismal deployment of updates we've seen thus far. My primary points remain:

1. I paid for a vehicle for which system updates were promised.

2. There's no justifiable reason that I should not be entitled to the same features as an owner of an identical truck (at the identical price).

We're not talking about trim levels, option packages, different model years, or user error; I simply [unknowingly] bought one that was manufactured prior to Ford correcting their own error(s).

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
If that happens, so be it... And no, I can't say that I'd be shocked in any way if/when it occurs.

Regardless, I don't think this is a comparable situation to owners being upset at the dismal deployment of updates we've seen thus far. My primary points remain:

1. I paid for a vehicle for which system updates were promised.

2. There's no justifiable reason that I should not be entitled to the same features as an owner of an identical truck (at the identical price).

We're not talking about trim levels, option packages, different model years, or user error; I simply [unknowingly] bought one that was manufactured prior to Ford correcting their own error(s).
You’re 100% correct!

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
I did a Master Reset on my Sync 4 system last night. Left everything default except I connected to Wi-Fi and resumed FordPass connectivity. Low and behold I got Power-Up 1.7.1 today! Maybe 2.1.1 soon??? Very odd that the Master Reset prompted the update to occur, I had received several Update Failed messages for the past couple weeks.

Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 20369F51-BA07-466D-B584-1278C5A59213

Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 4F0ADA98-2443-42AC-82F7-F81065642A90

Sponsored

Kikkiperez

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I did a Master Reset on my Sync 4 system last night. Left everything default except I connected to Wi-Fi and resumed FordPass connectivity. Low and behold I got Power-Up 1.7.1 today! Maybe 2.1.1 soon??? Very odd that the Master Reset prompted the update to occur, I had received several Update Failed messages for the past couple weeks.

20369F51-BA07-466D-B584-1278C5A59213.jpeg

4F0ADA98-2443-42AC-82F7-F81065642A90.jpeg
Does your XM radio still work? Many including myself had that go bad.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Does your XM radio still work? Many including myself had that go bad.
I contacted Ford regarding SiriusXM outage following 1.7.1. They stated they are aware of problem and are planning an update in the coming MONTHS to fix it.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I contacted Ford regarding SiriusXM outage following 1.7.1. They stated they are aware of problem and are planning an update in the coming MONTHS to fix it.
Is it safe to assume that Ford will be sending out checks for everyone's unusable SiriusXM subscription charges? Months is unacceptable for Ford to fix the problem.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Is it safe to assume that Ford will be sending out checks for everyone's unusable SiriusXM subscription charges? Months is unacceptable for Ford to fix the problem.
I did inquire about the subscription. They stated that when fixed, call back and warranty will extend the subscription for outage.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
No SiriusXM drop for me. Mine was slow to change channels for a couple of days a month or so ago. I think I've gotten all the OTA's at this point. I don't use android auto so I really haven't notice much change other than I don't see my phone connected on the main screen any longer. I've received 4 updates so far.
Sponsored