Sponsored

Power-up 2.1

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yup, I had it and now it is missing.
Well, if this is morphing into the “Stuff Ford Broke” thread, then I’ll add that the app is no longer recording journeys. I still get notifications that a journey has been recorded, but there’s nothing to pull up. Plus, at least a month’s worth of previously recorded journeys has been wiped out.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
The frustration that I have with these powerups is the lack of a changelog. Literally any software updates on any device ever come with a changelog, or have one that you can access online. When a new update is applied to my $60k truck, or even when one is announced, I expect to be informed about what changes are being applied. Even if they dumb down some of the technical stuff a bit, fine. Tell me "performance enhancements were made to your APIM module" or something like that. But forcing out updates without any information is pretty shitty. @Ford Motor Company can you PLEASE start talking to us like adults and quit giving us the same generic "helps your vehicle perform at its best" messages?
Signed,
Literally everybody.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
The frustration that I have with these powerups is the lack of a changelog. Literally any software updates on any device ever come with a changelog, or have one that you can access online. When a new update is applied to my $60k truck, or even when one is announced, I expect to be informed about what changes are being applied. Even if they dumb down some of the technical stuff a bit, fine. Tell me "performance enhancements were made to your APIM module" or something like that. But forcing out updates without any information is pretty shitty. @Ford Motor Company can you PLEASE start talking to us like adults and quit giving us the same generic "helps your vehicle perform at its best" messages?
Signed,
Literally everybody.
Agreed!

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Signed,
Literally everybody.
If your ok with it, I think a copy this message should be send to FORD on the forum. If enough people request this, maybe they will start doing it. They are changing things in a truck they no longer own. I would like to know what is being done to MY truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
After reading this thread, I started thinking. Will we still get OTA's after the warranty is over? And if so, for how long? Will it be like Windows saying they will no longer support that version of software?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
If your ok with it, I think a copy this message should be send to FORD on the forum. If enough people request this, maybe they will start doing it. They are changing things in a truck they no longer own. I would like to know what is being done to MY truck.
This is a good idea - maybe we all copy the message and send individually ?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Not sure what you mean by "weren't promised". There has been tons of promotional material promising blue cruise to those who paid for hardware in q3.
I addressed blue cruise in another post. All other features are icing on the cake that Ford doesn’t actually owe anyone.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
After reading this thread, I started thinking. Will we still get OTA's after the warranty is over? And if so, for how long? Will it be like Windows saying they will no longer support that version of software?
Welcome to software sales lifecycle. You might get them, you might not, or might be able to purchase a subscription. It depends if they want to take the have customers love them, drive new vehicle sales, or bring in incremental revenue. I’m betting on the latter.

Sorrynel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray F150 XLT 302A
they sure fixed my power seats with this update. my driver seat is stuck and won’t move. it was fine when i parked it last night before the update
Just got a notification the Power-up 2.1 was installed. No info on what it fixed.

883C8517-34B5-4783-93D5-C7E02798E13E.png

[/QUOT

Sponsored

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Signed,
Literally everybody.
Especially when the update pushed ends up braking features vice fixing them.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
they sure fixed my power seats with this update. my driver seat is stuck and won’t move. it was fine when i parked it last night before the update
Turn OTA off, avoid the hassles

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
They really need to show what, and how was updated. That way we may know what new options changes are available or adjusted, fixed.
Some of us would want to know...those that don't can just skip it.

Darrell
So far all I have had is dissapointment and broken features due to OTAs.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I’m still waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1 to update for me and here you are with Power-Up 2.1 ….. @Ford Motor Company are you serious right now?!. I understand a metered deployment of OTA production software but now introducing full version number inconsistency and fragmentation without any clear explanation or communication from the manufacturer….. This has got to be addressed! My $800 iPhone can get consistent updates but my $60K vehicle can’t? Come on now…..

Clear Asks!

Fix the OTA Software deployment inconsistency and fragmentation.​
Provide a user portal or method to download vehicle updates and install via other means (USB etc.)​
Provide transparent version info for customer monitoring of their own vehicle and all module software. Audit and update modules on vehicles to current versions more often. The key here is transparency and reasons for deployment metering.​
Thanks,

Literally every current and future @Ford Motor Company customer.
Well Stated. But beware 1.7.1. I lost all SiriusXM functionality following the OTA. I can’t believe Ford deploys these updates to fix “little things here and there” only to screw up your truck. Then leave you without resources to fix it.
Sponsored